Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus clutch problems??

Options
  • 25-08-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a 2001 1.8TDi ford focus. It's as if the clutch is slipping but it will only happen when I accelerate in gear at about 3000rpm the revs go up but the power doesn't. I thought straight away it was a clutch problem but when I stop and put the hand brake on and leave it on to test the clutch it will pull fine without slipping but if I drive on normally and accelerate hard in gear it slips again at about 3000rpm. Is this just a worn clutch? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Sounds like it alright. The engine max torque is probably around 3000 rpm, so that is when the clutch can't cope and starts to slip.

Drive gently until you get it checked out as it can only get worse, more so if you force it to slip by accelerating hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Adam15

Thanks cheers for that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Pete67 wrote: »
    Sounds like it alright. The engine max torque is probably around 3000 rpm, so that is when the clutch can't cope and starts to slip.

Drive gently until you get it checked out as it can only get worse, more so if you force it to slip by accelerating hard.

Peak torque is a good bit lower, but it sounds like the clutch is slipping ok

Advertisement