Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer Beta finished

• 25-08-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

The closed beta is finished as of today and now we await the open beta.
    Good luck to everyone here hoping for open beta keys.

Old quote but it comes into effect today:
    *Updated*
    As of Monday August 25th, the European Beta servers are closed in preparation for the Open Beta. All Closed Beta testers will have access to this final and greatly anticipated stage in the WAR beta. We are very pleased with the quality of feedback provided by our beta testers; together, you have made real impact on a game we have grown to love.

There is still much work to do and many improvements to expect before WAR strike Europe on September 18th. Together, we have a long journey behind us and yet this is only the beginning. Enjoy these days of peace before WAR strike for good!

These beta forums will be remain open throughout this period.

-Magnus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Beta keys I have. What I need is a website I can put them into, and the ability to download the client.

Any idea when we might see those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Ah, I think that is to be announced. I'll ask on the beta forums anyhow, no harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yup, its to be announced.
    Should be a good few Boards ppl joining then? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yeah cant wait for it!

I just want the game to be released now so I can start playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I wants! But probably will miss the beta, I always do :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

what are the chances of getting into open beta, i only registered today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spunge wrote: »
    what are the chances of getting into open beta, i only registered today.

If you've been in the closed beta, you're in. Or if you've a pre-order for the collectors edition, you're in. Otherwise you'll have to wait and see what kind of lotteries turn up for the keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1217771#post1217771
    Open Beta and the standard pre-order program
    I just wanted to clear up a few points of confusion about the open beta program in Europe. When the US pre-order program was announced, it was mentioned that the EU program would not include Open Beta access. At that point we hadn't officially unveiled our program, but as we were getting a lot of enquiries about this, we confirmed that this was the case. Since then, some of you have seen the EA Store in Europe and Direct2Drive advertising the pre-order with Open Beta access.

It's important to note that our official announcement regarding the Standard Edition pre-order is coming on Thursday 28th which is when the program launches. At that time we will provide you with all the details of the pre-order package as well as a list of partners. Some of our partners have preempted that announcement which has led to a bit of confusion.

The situation then is basically as follows:
    Pre-ordering a standard edition from most of our partners will not automatically give you Open Beta access as we have said previously. We will however be announcing a list of 'preferred partners' who will be selling the pre-order with Open Beta access. A full list of these partners will be included with the main announcement this week, I can confirm that both the EA Store and D2D are preferred partners and so those of you who have already placed an order need not worry that you won't get what you were offered.

Hopefully this will put some minds at rest and, as I have said, all the remaining details will be unveiled this Thursday.

So hopefully we may get some decent info on Thursday now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1217771#post1217771

So hopefully we may get some decent info on Thursday now.

Play.com are advertising they have "Early Access" on the standard edition they're selling with instructions on how to claim it being emailed out on Thursday.

Advertisement