Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Car - real price Vrs Website price

Options
  • 25-08-2008 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

What can I expect to pay in addition to the price quoted on the website. I know metallic paint is roughly 350-500 so I will need to include that. It also states that there will be 'Delivery and other related charges'. Does anyone know how much rougly Delivery should be, and what 'other related' charges are usual when buying a new car ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Money Shot wrote: »
    What can I expect to pay in addition to the price quoted on the website. I know metallic paint is roughly 350-500 so I will need to include that. It also states that there will be 'Delivery and other related charges'. Does anyone know how much rougly Delivery should be, and what 'other related' charges are usual when buying a new car ?

thanks

What car is it that you are looking at? Manufacturers delivery charge is usually fairly standard between dealers, and this includes PDI, Cleaning and Plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

R.O.R wrote: »
    What car is it that you are looking at? Manufacturers delivery charge is usually fairly standard between dealers, and this includes PDI, Cleaning and Plates.

Haven't really decided yet - maybe a Ford Mondeo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

delivery etc is 800 or so euro - but you should get a good discount if paying cash

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Delivery and other related charges can vary from dealer to dealer. There are no standard price for these charges across the board afaik.

You really should ring or visit a dealership to get an accurate account of the all inclusive price for a particular model.

Other related charges include relevant paper work that the dealer has to process as part of the sale, number plates, general prep work, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,442 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote: »
    ou really should ring or visit a dealership to get an accurate account of the all inclusive price for a particular model.

Indeed. I would have absolutely no interest in how much metallic paint or delivery charges are. All I would want to know is the bottom line (negotiated) price

• Advertisement
Advertisement