Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I upgrade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Thats a nice setup you have there,

what do you mean by speed it up? You could overclock it,the Quad will get to 3GHz easy and you could get a bit more out of the GPU.

upgrade wise just get the HD4870 GPU thats the hot one at the moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

pogcica wrote: »
    Thats a nice setup you have there,

what do you mean by speed it up? You could overclock it,the Quad will get to 3GHz easy and you could get a bit more out of the GPU.

upgrade wise just get the HD4870 GPU thats the hot one at the moment,

Well I dont know anything about overclocking to be honest! My current system doesn't play Crysis for example as smoothly as I would like.

Is that the latest card? What about the GTX 280?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Crysis is one of the rare rare games which nearly ALL gfx cards struggle with it's been said by most that it's just shabby programmiing.

With that rig tho surely even on medium setting at 1024 rez you should still be pushing at 75fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

sunzz wrote: »
    Crysis is one of the rare rare games which nearly ALL gfx cards struggle with it's been said by most that it's just shabby programmiing.

With that rig tho surely even on medium setting at 1024 rez you should still be pushing at 75fps?

Possibly, but with a decent rig and a 22" monitor I want to be able to play it at a higher res than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Its generally felt that the HD4870 is the better choice over the GTX280 because of the price difference (bang for buck) there are some good threads in the Graphics forum on these cards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement