Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

super looking for letter

Options
  • 25-08-2008 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

FO rang the super wants a letter from me stateing what I want my firearms for and why this calibre, applied for a 223(surrendered .22)and to be joined on a 308 cert in the same house.already have cert for o/u .243 .9mm,want the 223 for vermin,308 mostly for target and some red deer but mostly target.
    anyone come across this before dont think he is anti 223 application is in 4 months now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not heard of it being needed in a seperate letter, but it is only what you're meant to have under Section 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

6 certs in the 1 house?

seems like a reasnable request. You can understand why he would like to know why just the 1 wont do.

A simple letter explaining what each is used for the reasons it needs a different tool and such may be what he is looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

maglite wrote: »
    6 certs in the 1 house?

seems like a reasnable request. You can understand why he would like to know why just the 1 wont do.

A simple letter explaining what each is used for the reasons it needs a different tool and such may be what he is looking for

my reasons for them (1) shotgun ,game,vermin,clays(2).243 deer,collite lease,& private land(3)9mm target(4).308 already licenced looking to be joined on cert,for target,also red deer(5) .223 for fox rabbit ect,I do alot of lamping ,member of gun club,deer stalker ,clays,over 2200arce to shoot on,traded in .22 for 223

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

my reasons for them (1) shotgun ,game,vermin,clays(2).243 deer,collite lease,& private land(3)9mm target(4).308 already licenced looking to be joined on cert,for target,also red deer(5) .223 for fox rabbit ect,I do alot of lamping ,member of gun club,deer stalker ,clays,over 2200arce to shoot on,traded in .22 for 223

Well there you go. Tart that up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

dresden8 wrote: »
    Well there you go. Tart that up a bit.

Dont think that will be a problem,demonstrate my need for them,what would you say about caliber ? that 223 is highly reguarded as the best fox round which is very popoular in ireland and has been licenced in huge numbers troughout the state and is not a restricted caliber

• Advertisement
Advertisement