Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford eye sores

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

that old bridge looked amazing....!
    i think all the holes in the roads are a feckin eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

The remains of a Georgian building at the corner of Military road and the Yellow road should be in the list too.What a shame it was not renovated, i suppose some flat roofed "box" will be built there some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

That eyesore of an appartment complex by the city walls...Railway square is it? Hate it but I find most apartment complexes hideous.

That bloody tourist information point in Red Square. Whose bright idea was it to put something that large in such an area? It's a disgrace. With any luck they'll take some initiative and use the three flags for art or something like theyr'e being used now. I'm not hopeful however. Who bets there'll be shop advertisements on it or something instead? And the map is a pain in the backside too!! I know it's orientation is correct but for the love. It's awkward reading it upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

And when is something going to be done about the boarded up houses in Cathedral Square? One of them was where the architect John Roberts lived, i was in the Square when Jack Burtchall was going round there given a talk to tourists, it must have been awful for him to have to pass by it, only in Waterford would these building be left like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Wasn't there planning permission being sought to do something with those houses in Cathedral Square?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

That tree in the middle of viewmount was class but then they butchered it and left half the stump there, kind of like a warning to other trees that man is no friend of nature. That stump should be removed is what im trying to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭owenmakken

Cabaal wrote: »
    But it was "progress" in much the same the train station was (replacing a much nicer building) and the same as railway square is now along with many other "progressive" building projects :rolleyes:

There being built for the "modern" waterford....

Just because you put them in inverted commas doesn't make it untrue, apts in railway square are quite nice and thats why they are expensive to live.

people need places to live and why wouldnt they put a big apt block in there, would you prefer if they built a housing estate on railway square or are you just bitter because its nicer then your home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

blue-army wrote: »
    Yeah, but the place is literally falling down...Looks out of place..
    I would say if you knocked that building a wave of rats would come out in every direction.
    Anyone have any idea how old it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Kahless wrote: »
    Wasn't there planning permission being sought to do something with those houses in Cathedral Square?

I'm pretty sure the corporation bought them as part of the redevelopment scheme for that area. If and when it happens...not a cluebut it is a shame they are going to waste. Love the houses right beside the french church though.

Advertisement