Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Faulty Reverse Light - Does NCT check reverse lights?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Simple enough old question really, does the NCT test examine whether or not the reverse lights on a car are working? My right reverse light isn't working at present. Just checked it and the test is next week so just wondering for the craic like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

According to nct.ie they are not checked. Personally if it was my car I would prefer to have them working, it's a 2 minute job to replace the bulbs.
    4.Light
    Stop Lamps
    Rear Lamps and Registration Plate Lamps
    Indicators / Tell Tales
    Side Lamps
    Headlamp Condition
    Headlamp Aim
    Aux Lamp Condition
    Aux Lamp Aim
    Reflectors

• Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are you sure you have a right reverse light? Many cars have only one, and mine have always been on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Your right reverse light is probably your fog light - turn on your headlights and turn on your foglight and see is it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Reverse lighting is not a statutory requirement and therefore is not checked by the NCT.

Other lights which are not statutory requirements are checked but only to see if they are alligned correctly and not likely to cause annoyance to other motorists, e.g fog lights, spot lights etc.

Advertisement