Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amature Drama Groups in Cork City

Options
  • 25-08-2008 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi i'm interested in getting into amature dramatics but ony have school play experience from 10 yrs ago. Id love to be in either Musical Theatre or Dramatic Theatre. Does any one know of any adult theatre groups in Cork City?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 missfrilly

there is a class in Colaiste Stiofan Naoife for adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 celticvampire

Thank for the info and your speedy response. However i have looked into that and you have to audition to get into those courses, they are all on an academic level and full time. I am more interested in a 'club like' acting group where you would meet once a week and then preform a play. I know of the Cork Shakespearean Company but I would like something more contemporary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmchealy

hey there,i am a member of Macra na Feirme which is a youth organisation for 17-35 year olds. Among many activities that we do, drama is one of them and every year there is a fairly serious one-act competition nationally which is adjudicated by Drama League of Ireland judges. I'm not sure what part of cork you live in, but our club in Glanmire is just getting set for the drama this year, and are always looking for new members. We got to the All ireland final of the drama competition last year so hopefully this year will bring the same good fortune! you can contact me by email if you want more info maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭brianw25

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any drama/acting groups or clubs in the cork region..as i am really interested in this area and want to egt involved as soon as possible. Preferably a group based club... where people meet once or...a week.

Kind Regards

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jorg

Contact the DLI through DLI.ie for a list.

I know of Schull Drama group, Blue Hat near Blarney, Shoestring from Charleville, Kilmeen in Rossmore and Haulbowline. I'm sure there are many others but these are the Cork groups who would be most active on the festival circuit.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭brianw25

hey jorg,

Thanks for the info....

Transport would be a problem for me for the places you pointed out but still thanks none the less.

Looking for a drama/acting group in cork city...or not to far away where you wouldnt ned a car....etc...

Anyone no any?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Redeaglecork

Hey guys, I know this thread is really old now, but I was actually just curious to see if there is an amaetur acting/play etc in Cork City?
    I just recently moved to Cork City Centre and want to get involved in an acting/social group. :)
    Cool thanks a million guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

Hey guys, I know this thread is really old now, but I was actually just curious to see if there is an amaetur acting/play etc in Cork City?
    I just recently moved to Cork City Centre and want to get involved in an acting/social group. :)
    Cool thanks a million guys :)
    The Cork Shakespearean Company is an amateur company that puts on Shakespearean plays. They are actually beginning workshops starting this Thursday for their next production. :)

jim-jam wrote: »
    The Cork Shakespearean Company is an amateur company that puts on Shakespearean plays. They are actually beginning workshops starting this Thursday for their next production. :)

Thanks that sounds great, would I be able to come over and watch/meet everyone? could you give me all the details,times etc? How many people have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

Thanks that sounds great, would I be able to come over and watch/meet everyone? could you give me all the details,times etc? How many people have you got?

I'm not sure on the details I'm their lighting tech but I am actually acting in this one. If you give the company an email at corkshakescom@hotmail.com they'll let you know. :)

There's also another thread on this forum about another Cork amateur company based in Camden Palace (I think). Not sure if they are still going.

• Advertisement

jim-jam wrote: »
    I'm not sure on the details I'm their lighting tech but I am actually acting in this one. If you give the company an email at corkshakescom@hotmail.com they'll let you know. :)

There's also another thread on this forum about another Cork amateur company based in Camden Palace (I think). Not sure if they are still going.

thanks so much JimJam, I'll give them a yell and hopefully see you there tomorrow night then so ;)

Advertisement