Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Flags

• 25-08-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭

Fair play to the City Council on all the Waterford flags they have put up along the ferrybank dual carraigeway, sallypark, the bridge, along the quay and the dunmore road (I believe they are on the Cork Road too). With 3 flags on each lampost it looks very impressive. So credit where its due.

Would be nice now if John Roberts Square could be festooned with flags and bunting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

KevIRL wrote: »
    Would be nice now if John Roberts Square could be festooned with flags and bunting.
    I think the City Council are going to have a big screen for the game in John Roberts Square, and for the homecoming on the Monday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

They were putting the flags up on the Dunmore Road this afternoon. It is a sight to behold.

Fair play to them.

I must get my boys to put up our flags and bunting at the front of our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

I think its funny that theres flags on every pole all the way from sallypark to the chruch in ferrybank and only on a handful on the pole's on the quay:D:D

There's 3 on each pole on the Dunmore Road

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

deisemum wrote: »

haven't been out there yet. It does look well though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

deisemum wrote: »
    3 on every pole along the Quay, across the bridge and all up Ferrybank and out sallypark too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 paddy1mac

Was on my way into work this morning and took a short cut through Larchville and what a sight I saw before me.

The flags and butings in the estate are absolutely fantastic and gave me a great boost as i faced another day in work.

The estate comes in for a lot of stick throughout the city but my god each and every person involved in this has done themselves and the area proud.

I'm bringing my kids out later to show them.

Congrats once again to all involved, brilliant and well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Where I live its starting to look like a competiton - who can be Mr Waterford? Someone has painted the top of thier front garden wall white/blue and got the whole flag production of China stretched out between house and said wall - in fact half the estate is done this way.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

There's alot of flags up in Hillview too - even some Kilkenny ones!

It would warm the cockles of your heart seeing how well some places are decorated. It's putting a smile on my face just seeing it all.

I went out yesterday and bought even more flags from the large to small to car ones, inflatable hammers, hands, more hats, feather boas, stuff for the car,etc.

The shops were sold out of bunting but will be getting more in.

My sons are so excited about Waterford getting to the final. They were in Walsh Park the other night and got lots of signatures. My 10 year old keeps getting his shirt out and looking at the signatures. He sits back in the evenings and loves looking through his Waterford calander. He is so proud of the Waterford hurlers. These guys are his heroes.

I reckon the primary schools will get the pupils involved in decorating the schools in white and blue next week. I'll have my mindees back to me next week and I'm planning on getting them involved in finishing off decorating the house in white and blue.

I'm not originally from Waterford but I'm very excited about the whole thing. I must root out my Galway flag since we're in the minors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is scafolding up on Thomas St. across from Downses and its all done in the Waterford Colours. Looks nice!

The quay looks great with the flags I must say, fair play. I assume the Ard Ri will fix their lights to say "Deise" again whcih looks good!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any objections if I merge this thread with the existing one on Waterford flags paddy1mac? :)

The Quay looked lovely on tv last night when the cycling race was being shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 paddy1mac

no problem sully - didnt spot that there was one

paddy1mac wrote: »
    no problem sully - didnt spot that there was one

Done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Apparently there was a load of white 'n blue flags and a sign saying "Waterford North" on the N25 as far as Slieverue which all went missing.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Sexton St is amazing looking!!! i live not to far from there, im not a waterford man, but still am well impressed by the effort made, the people on that street should be proud!! they have the whole street done and flags on every chimney and all, i'll try get a photo later for yis

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Sexton St is amazing looking!!! i live not to far from there, im not a waterford man, but still am well impressed by the effort made, the people on that street should be proud!! they have the whole street done and flags on every chimney and all, i'll try get a photo later for yis

Also, Andrew St. just off Ballybricken. Saw it for the first time on my zombie shuffle to work at 5.30am... pretty cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Not been from Waterford, a true Dub here, I have been around the city there and have to say place looks fantastic....
    It is great to see so many streets and houses done up...
    Fair play to everyone it looks great....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

anyone know where I could get a large image of the Waterford crest?

tried google but can only find small ones

looking for ~A4 size if poss

• Advertisement

No idea - we usually just redesign it for clients when they come to us looking for Deise stuff. I think the above is slightly outdated if my memory serves me correctly. Unless you asked one of the printers inside in town - there is a lot of banners going about with the Waterford crest. If they didnt re-design it I would imagine they have a source.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Where do ya work Sully?

I think John Street is letting the town a bit...could do with some bunting etc

Where do ya work Sully?

From home, I run a Web & Graphic design company. Busy time of the year! We do a lot of design for print materials.
    I think John Street is letting the town a bit...could do with some bunting etc

Ya good point, local businesses should really get together.

Also, I passed Larchville today - very nice. Also Ossory Drive up from Paddy Browns there is looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

3 IN A ROW.... HERE WE GO!!!

THIS CAT JUST PISSED ON YOUR PAGE!

...least it makes a change from pissin on our streets of a Saturday night. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

THIS CAT JUST PISSED ON YOUR PAGE!

Which has got you a Region ban.

That ban was really a bit harsh imo... He was only entering into a bit of banter. He also posted that he was looking forward to the game and wished Waterford luck
    roll on the 7th!! i cant wait!!!! BEST OF LUCK WATERFORD AND COMISERATIONS IN ADVANCE....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dub13 wrote: »
    Which has got you a Region ban.
    I had him on a weeks holidays from here but sure it does no harm to broaden the horizons a bit ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Aquos76 wrote: »
    That ban was really a bit harsh imo... He was only entering into a bit of banter. He also posted that he was looking forward to the game and wished Waterford luck
    A post in one thread is banter. Posts in 4 threads is trolling.

muffler wrote: »
    I had him on a weeks holidays from here but sure it does no harm to broaden the horizons a bit ;)
    So if he was already banned from here, how did he manage to post in the first place.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    A post in one thread is banter. Posts in 4 threads is trolling.

Oh right, I only saw the posts in this thread. My apologies.

Advertisement