Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Flags

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

He was banned about 5 minutes before the region ban.

Edit: His posts have been removed also so thats why you weren't able to see them.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Fair enough so. No one to blame but himself. Last time I'll try and defend a cat;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Ha that was funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Why does every assume it's a guy? Could be a girl! Back on topic, i'm sure there'll be flag's every where within a few day's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ok well I think that's enough disruption for the day! :)

Back on topic

• Advertisement

<snip>

personally the shops must be making a mint, altho everyone should buy them in the shop where chapmans used to be , all the proceeds go to the waterford hurlers, they need hurleys after all,!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I went back into the shops this evening and still couldn't get any bunting and the shops said they wont be getting anymore in.

Does anyone know if there's any left in that shop where chapman's used to be or anywhere else for that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭twinkle77

Deisemum have you tried the discount shop in lisduggan shopping centre? just to add my 2 cents worth.... I am getting some buzz driving to work every day passing all the houses that are now draped in flags and bunting as for the cars..... every second one i pass has so many flags etc. flying. I have never experienced anything like it!!!! There are no words to describe it, it is just what this town needs. I am so proud to be from waterford........UP DE DEISE!!!!.......COME ON DE BOYS!!!!!

Thanks for that twinkle. I'll try and get over there tomorrow or else into where Chapmans used to be.

I saw what I presume is the big screen thingy in John Roberts Square this evening. It's very big.

I reckon next week in the build up to the match the excitement will be something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I saw a lad in a jeep driving down the quay last night. He had a load of Waterford flags out the windows and on the roof and a Kilkenny flag on the trailer hitch being dragged along the ground.

I have to admit I laughed.

• Advertisement

I got bunting, whistles and face paint in the €2 shop in Lisduggan. On the way back the council were out in a jcb putting up more flags much to the delight of passing motorists and pedestrians.

deisemum wrote: »
    I saw what I presume is the big screen thingy in John Roberts Square this evening. It's very big.
    I also saw this yesterday and assumed that it was also for the big screen, but now I'm not so sure. I has also seen scaffolding put up down by the tower hotel and now I'm thinking that it might be for this and not for the match at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

I was reared in Sexton Street & my Grandad still lives there & I live around the corner so will post some pics v soon & perhaps some video on this thread. Sexton Street does look fantastic :pac:but the noise of the flags blowing can drive you mad!! Most of the hard work was put in by the Flynns & Keoghs/Moores doing up the street. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    and now I'm thinking that it might be for this and not for the match at all.

Yup, sure is.

Where's Sexton Street? I'd love to bring the boys to see it.

I just won 2 tickets to the All Ireland final. Very happy husband here :D:D:D

deisemum wrote: »
    Where's Sexton Street? I'd love to bring the boys to see it.

I just won 2 tickets to the All Ireland final. Very happy husband here :D:D:D

Fair play to you. Was it in a club lottery or just a raffle of some sorts? Enjoy the day. I cant wait for it now.

Sexton Street is one of the side streets off Griffith Place which is off of Morrissons road
    sextonstreet.jpg

Thanks for that, should make a nice Sunday drive before the football semi-final.

I won them on Todayfm's GAA programme this morning. Hubby and our 2 boys have been going to all the matches for years and we haven't been able to get tickets yet. I'm letting them use the tickets and hope we can get 1 more ticket so the 3 of them can go. If we can get 2 tickets then I'll go and support Galway as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Wait, we have two new mods?? I know we as a city want to be in the big leagues and given more consideration but overkill comes to mind!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

AdMMM wrote: »
    Wait, we have two new mods?? I know we as a city want to be in the big leagues and given more consideration but overkill comes to mind!

What in the name of god has this got to do with this thread? :S (I dont understand your point either :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sorry, only noticed the welcoming thread now but this was the first thread I saw them post in :).

My point was... well, I dunno. I'm hungover and it sounded okay in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

AdMMM wrote: »
    Sorry, only noticed the welcoming thread now but this was the first thread I saw them post in :).

My point was... well, I dunno. I'm hungover and it sounded okay in my head.
    Thats OK. Im hungover too so I understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

No need for a topic on its own Fred

Topic Merged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Can anyone please tell me the idea behind putting pushbikes(painted in the deise colours) on rooftop's around the city.

I've seen about 3 or 4 different place's with bikes on the roof.

Damian Tiernan has just been on the RTE news reporting on the build up to the final. Lots of coverage of all the flags, bunting, painting animals etc from around the city and county

Seen sexton st 2 nights ago , must say its deadly! Lot of work went into that! puts my street to shame. A+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Baby4 wrote: »

Ahh poor baby4.....:(
    these waterford all ireland flags just not used to being outside:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

Advertisement