Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

so what ones you choosing??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah, Japanese level 1 is very easy - you'll learn the hiragana and some basic conversational stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Yeah, Japanese level 1 is very easy - you'll learn the hiragana and some basic conversational stuff.

Is it very basic? What's the language portfolio about? Also are the aurals and orals difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxLillyxx

im gonna do japanese 1! it'll be easy since i already know hiragana! can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

I've decided to do
    Psychology (20 credits) I'm majoring in it
    History (20 credits)
    Sociology (10 credits)
    Computer Science (10 credits) hopefully, they're registered as electives so I'll have to hope for the best in the random selection tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭clickerfingers

anyone know what the oral and lang profile consist of in japanese 1??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Is it very basic? What's the language portfolio about? Also are the aurals and orals difficult?

If its anything like russian the portfolio will be just you filling out a questionairre on what you learned and how useful it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Didnt get my Psychology module(Brain & Behaviour), so doing the politics module(Achieving Millenium Development Goals) instead. Sounds interesting, and should go well with sociology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

didnt get my intro to applied psychology ao i had to choose japanese to go along with my Arabic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yay I got 'Intro to Psychology'! Should be a handy number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

I cant help but breath a sigh of relief and say... thank god im finished!!

didnt go to ucd either!

why am i in this forum... argh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

well, back on topic after the strange man woman....

I got japanese 1 and 2, jap 1 has loads of spaces as far as i know, but jap 2 was full. I'm doing the monday 6pm class this semester, are other people doing that one? I think theres a few small groups rather than a big class so i doubt id see any of ye.

Raemie wrote: »
    well, back on topic after the strange man....

I got japanese 1 and 2, jap 1 has loads of spaces as far as i know, but jap 2 was full. I'm doing the monday 6pm class this semester, are other people doing that one? I think theres a few small groups rather than a big class so i doubt id see any of ye.

are you referring to me as 'the strange man'? :confused:

its a compliment :)

EDIT: Unless you're a strange woman?

its a compliment :)

EDIT: Unless you're a strange woman?

thats exactly where i was going with that... im a female :mad:

We never had to do a language portfolio when I did it, but it's probably just a record of your learning as the term goes on. The aurals and orals are very easy in the level 1 course, the aural work you'll do in class will have you listening to dialogues and picking out details - for example they might play a conversation of someone ordering something in a restaurant, and you might have to pick out what he ordered and how much it cost him. The orals are of a similar standard.

thats exactly where i was going with that... im a female :mad:

sorry, i fixed my original post, it should be accurate now ;)

sorry, i fixed my original post, it should be accurate now ;)

everyone assumes im a male :( sob sob.... why :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

everyone assumes im a male :( sob sob.... why :confused:
    Because, the vast majority of posters are male, so, it's a safe bet to assume one is a male.

shoelaceface isnt a very girly nickname, a girly name would be... flowerponygirl5, or sugarbabe100102231

On youtube people think im a british man

• Advertisement

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Because, the vast majority of posters are male, so, it's a safe bet to assume one is a male.
    Meh, a disturbingly large number of people assume I'm male. Such is life on the internet.

shoelaceface isnt a very girly nickname, a girly name would be... flowerponygirl5, or sugarbabe100102231

On youtube people think im a british man

i go for random.. not girly!

i know someone called raemie... a real bogger... lives in a caravan in the middle of the field and never comes out... except the odd time! i presume he's still alive :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Meh, a disturbingly large number of people assume I'm male. Such is life on the internet.
    Your username is kirby. I'd take that to be a hint that you're not a male :P

i go for random.. not girly!

i know someone called raemie... a real bogger... lives in a caravan in the middle of the field and never comes out... except the odd time! i presume he's still alive

thats not me just so you know, i have a house...

my name is un-random, its my real name backwards

thats not me just so you know, i have a house...

my name is un-random, its my real name backwards

eimear? jesus that took a while to work out..... see now i would have presumed your male because of raemie seen as i actually know a man called it!

hmmm.. anyway... im off to shave my hair and buy boys clothes to match my name... may as well look the part :eek:

a more fun way would be to wrap your head in shoelaces. I'd know you if i saw you around then. you'd probably get on the news :)

a more fun way would be to wrap your head in shoelaces. I'd know you if i saw you around then. you'd probably get on the news :)

or get locked up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

Didn't get either of mine. Annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Japanese 3 and Criminal Procedure.They're both in the first semester.I had hoped to have one in each,but second semester japanese was full.I'm just glad I got what I wanted!Plus,it means I'll have less lecture hours coming up to the summer exams.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Introduction to International Politics (POL10040)

Anybody ever do this elective? There's continuous assessment which is 30% of final grade and then a 2 hour final examination.

Advertisement