Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so what ones you choosing??

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

im doing it this year, have you registered a tutorial yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Raemie wrote: »
    im doing it this year, have you registered a tutorial yet?

Haven't chosen it yet. I'm stuck on picking an elective for second semester. Trying to pick something that doesn't have a lot of work. This one also looks appealing cause my brothers' girlfriend has a degree and is doing a masters in International Relations, so I'm thinking she could come in handy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i picked japanese 1 this morning as my 2nd semester elective since i didnt get intro to applied psychology.

hoping its not gonna confuse me doing 2 different languages as my 2 electives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

^ I was thinking of doing Japanese 3 and French 4, but I thought that trying to learn two languages concurrently would be too difficult. In the end I opted for French. My other elective module is Philosophies of Human Existence. I wanted Business Law, but I didn't get in.

I'm pretty happy with my timetable now - 11am starts, and no classes on Fridays \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

PSY20040 Qualitative Research and PSY20120 History and Theory of Psychology.
    Didn't get either of my provisional electives (intro to psychology and intro to social psychology; whoever got these modules, I am soooo jealous:p) and couldn't find any easy appealing 1st year electives so had to settle for 2nd year modules.... still managed Fridays off in semester 2 though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Xhristy wrote: »

Meh, when I saw your username I thought "Christy" straight away. :p

Cognitive science sounds really cool, if you can fit it in it would be well worthwhile - particularly because if you have any programming knowledge then your first semester Java course is stupidly easy. (and it's still easy if you haven't programmed before, I'd not programmed before coming to UCD and got 86 on it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Taking Web Publishing and Intro to Project Management (which is a CS course, for some reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i just cant resist these module after i read them:
    Animal Cell Culture Technology
    Mechanisms of Disease
    ,hell ya,no more easy elective this year :D

edit:
    i changed my mind after looking that animal cell module in blackboard,madness!now here i am to seek for a new elective >_<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭clickerfingers

Meh, when I saw your username I thought "Christy" straight away. :p

Cognitive science sounds really cool, if you can fit it in it would be well worthwhile - particularly because if you have any programming knowledge then your first semester Java course is stupidly easy. (and it's still easy if you haven't programmed before, I'd not programmed before coming to UCD and got 86 on it)

hey im doin intro to cognitive science this year as my elective, i didnt think it had anything to do with computers though????

can you explain???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dunno what rainbowkirby meant there! But Intro to CogSci has nothing to do with computers really other than it's classed as a Computer Science module I think (ie. COMPXXXXX), and the lectures are in the Comp Sci building.

Don't worry :)

okay here goes...

i only have one tutorial the whole week and its for philosophy. basically on the timetable, where it says "weeks", it just says 3, 5, 7, 9. i know im being stupid here but does that mean that i only have the tutorial in those weeks. its just i would have thought that there would have been more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

kev_s88 wrote: »
    okay here goes...

i only have one tutorial the whole week and its for philosophy. basically on the timetable, where it says "weeks", it just says 3, 5, 7, 9. i know im being stupid here but does that mean that i only have the tutorial in those weeks. its just i would have thought that there would have been more for it.

yes your tutorial will only be on in weeks 3 5 7 and 9, it would have said 'all weeks' otherwise:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Cognitive science has to do with the human brain and how it works, not computers! It's a very, very interesting (and quite easy) module.

I've settled on Chemistry of Biomolecules and Chemistry of Materials, CHEM 30090 and 300somethingorother. Its the first time I haven't done arts electives...

mc1990 wrote: »
    yes your tutorial will only be on in weeks 3 5 7 and 9, it would have said 'all weeks' otherwise:)

well see thats what i thought.but that pretty much means that im not gonna have a single tutorial for the month of november which i thought was a bit strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

im not gonna have a single tutorial for the month of november which i thought was a bit strange

Welcome to college! :p

Financial Management and Reinsurance for me. Both in second semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Introduction to International Politics (POL10040)

Anybody ever do this elective? There's continuous assessment which is 30% of final grade and then a 2 hour final examination.

Did it last year, easy A

in my timetable, one of my music lectures doesnt seem to have any classroom or lecture hall assigned to it.anyone know what the craic is with this??? ive got it on monday and its doing my head in not knowing what the story is with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

in my timetable, one of my music lectures doesnt seem to have any classroom or lecture hall assigned to it.anyone know what the craic is with this??? ive got it on monday and its doing my head in not knowing what the story is with it
    I'm guessing you're talking about MUS10010. The site doesn't have any lecture theatre listed for it, and a few others. Every music lecture in semester one, from level 1 to level 3, has J305 (that's in the Newman/Arts building) listed as where to go (a few others don't have anything listed too). Ring the music department before you go in and ask them where it's on, if you can't get through then pop into their corridor and ask. Failing that - try J305 :pac:

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're talking about MUS10010. The site doesn't have any lecture theatre listed for it, and a few others. Every music lecture in semester one, from level 1 to level 3, has J305 (that's in the Newman/Arts building) listed as where to go (a few others don't have anything listed too). Ring the music department before you go in and ask them where it's on, if you can't get through then pop into their corridor and ask. Failing that - try J305 :pac:

thanks for the quick response.luckily i know a few other ppl doing music too so i wont be alone.i'll have to head into the music department on monday morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

any "easy electives" suggestions for a level 4 student

Advertisement