Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accommodation for Kings' Inns ?

• 25-08-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

Recently finished sitting this year's KI entrance exams. Basically, they all went quite well well except for contract, which I was not happy with really at all :( So I am awaiting the results to see if I get in, but in the meantime I am wondering about accommodation for if I do get in ? Does anyone who has been there have any ideas of good places to stay for the year ?

I am just out of college (I'm 20) so basically I am thinking I would like to live with other students/young people if possible, I want to still have some fun while I am there hopefully and not live with totally unfun housemates (if I do get in) :)

Thanks in advance for any help... JTH :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

I live in Dublin so I didn't have to move out but I have some friends from outside Dubiln who did. There isn't really a particular place where Inns students live. There is some limited accommodation in the grounds but it's pretty basic and I don't know anyone who opted for it. Most people rent apartments in Dublin City Centre or beyond.

There is large student residence building very nearby (http://www.broadstoneaccommodation.com/) which mainly houses students from UCD, DCU etc. but I know a few people from the Inns who lived there this year and said it was good. Alternatively, the Parnell Street/Capel Street/Smithfield areas are all nearby and will certainly have many students in them.

Best of luck with the entrance exams. They have a very high pass rate and I imagine they will go easy on the contract paper as it's the first year and there's no frame of reference.

Also, opt for the morning group (early start but early finish and the tutors are going through the material for the first time so are more enthusiastic about it.)

Advertisement