Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

float clear issue - i think? help!

Options
  • 25-08-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

anyone have any idea why this is happening?
    the panel on the right is jumping down below the center panel, i assume it a float & clear issue, anyone be able to have a look nice and quick?

14c8dda2ffa1bf56fc4a160f147b9c99.png

paddygames.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Quick guess : check your padding and margins.

An element with a set width shouldn't be given padding or margin as IE6 adds this to the width of the overall element (whereas standard practice is to apply the padding inside the element).

Apply the padding or margin to the elements inside the box instead. Or create an inside element specifically for padding.

(i.e. <div class="fixed-width"><div class="padding">content</div></div> ).

Though I haven't looked at your code, so this really is just a quick guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

thanks ill give that a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

thanks ill give that a try.

If it's IE6, then add "display:inline" to any "floated" elements; otherwise it'll double your margin.

Right so im back, while i was going over the code i decided to update and integrate the site more (visually)

can ye guys do a quick check in internet explorer to see if the site displays correctly, ive implemented the two suggestions ye guys made.

I dont have the time to wait for browsershots to get back to me.

Thanking ye!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Looking good on IE6 and Firefox 3 here anyways.

• Advertisement

got the browsershots lastnight and they all show the site as being identical in all versions ofIE thanks for the advice guys! Couldn't thank he enough

Advertisement