Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Summons for parking in a Bus Stop?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Basically, I parked my company van in a bus stop and a letter was sent to the head office giving details of reg, time etc.,

One of the girls at work told me on the phone about it when the letter arrived and said she would send it on etc.

She either forgot to send it out or it got left in an 'outbox' tray for a few weeks and was only given to me today.

It's well past the 56 days so I'm guessing that a summons will be sent next?

Any idea of what happens next re: fine etc? I'm not the registered owner of the car and I would have been more than happy to pay the original fine of 40euro even though there was no road marking indicating a bus stop - only the actual bus stop post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Unless someone in the company already paid the fine and neglected to inform you, the next step would be a summons for the registered owner to appear in court. You could try and pretend it wasn't you (seems they already know it was though!), but the right thing would be to own up - appear in court, plead guilty and apologize, and pay the fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Unless someone in the company already paid the fine and neglected to inform you, the next step would be a summons for the registered owner to appear in court. You could try and pretend it wasn't you (seems they already know it was though!), but the right thing would be to own up - appear in court, plead guilty and apologize, and pay the fine.

Anyone know how much of a fine we're talking here?

Wonder too is there any case for the fact that there were no line markings on the road to indicate that it was infact a bus stop.. ?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I think the bus stop itself is hard to argue with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Did you not get a parking ticket? They print out a ticket and let it on your window. I'd say you could pay it by going into the UDC (Urban District Council) or County Council etc. as it is they look after things.

Tell them your story and offer to pay, they will take the money and forget it. Make sure to get a receipt and proof you have paid the fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Gardaí don't leave a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

ninty9er wrote: »

There was no ticket on the window...

Rang the guards and since it was after the 52 days they said it was an automatic summons...

Maybe they paid it and didn't tell me.. I'm sure ill find out for def tomorrow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

ninty9er wrote: »
    How do you know when you get a parking ticket then?

Advertisement