Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best Subway in Cork City?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Im just interested in finding out everyones view on which is the best Subway in Cork city? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Id say the one off washington st, just because of the fulltime girl who works there is one of the hottest girls around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

all subways smell and taste EXACTLY the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Id say the one off washington st, just because of the fulltime girl who works there is one of the hottest girls around

Measley portions there though. MacCurtain Street can be good, so can oliver plunkett street - just lacks seating!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Are we really having a conversation about which branch of a franchise sandwich bar is best? Really? What next, "which McDonald's toilet do you most like taking a dump in"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Daunt Square, Winthrop street is too cramped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

to be fair there are a few differences alright, the one by college generally gives far more filling, especially if getting a spicy italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Lol that would be Initra, she's a friend of mine from Latvia :) I'll put in a good word "Yeah there's this really cool guy on this internet site I'm on, thinks you're freakin' hot!" That should work! :P

My favourite subway is the one on College Rd, purely because it's the only place where they don't burn the bread and they actually have sweetcorn. Pouladuff Road has potential aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

The one near Ballyphehane is the best I've been in.

OP: Which one do you own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The one near Ballyphehane is the best I've been in.

The girl working there is a honey. Dark haired one.
    Fysh wrote: »
    "which McDonald's toilet do you most like taking a dump in"?

Daunt Square is usually a good option here for some reason, as the one on Winthrop street is a bit dirty. But if you have a bit of time on your hands the 2nd one in Blackpool is probably the best. Depends how long you can hold on really. Great thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

The one on Olllie Plunker Street has no ice machine, so they are a definite ****ing NEIN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Just curious as I've never been to subway but are there free refills on drinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The one on Pouladuff is horrible.They just slop it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

mawk wrote: »

Oh Mark, you need to broaden your Subway horizons.

Last time I was in the Washington Street one they burned the shite out of my bread. Oliver Plunkett Street and French Church St are my usual haunts, though that's down to location as much as anything.

Just curious as I've never been to subway but are there free refills on drinks?

Ya, at least I hope it's free :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deepiojay

the best crapper, thats a hard one.

I'd have to say anywhere when you have a hot one to off load. once there is a lock on the door, no smell and something to read. i would say a tiolet would be one of man's favourite place...

I interested in opening a Subway so was just trying to gauge what people out there think of the one already in cork city!!!

apologies for the poor spelling and grammer, not my strong point

deepiojay wrote: »

I interested in opening a Subway so was just trying to gauge what people out there think of the one already in cork city!!!

Not trying to find out where you are thinking of opening one but I always thought Little Island would be a great location for one.

It would suit me to for my dinners. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Mahon Point or Blackpool!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

apologies for the poor spelling and grammer, not my strong point

download firefox, its got in-line spell checking like MS Word. but you did ok anyways, sure you spelled grammar wrong, but the comma after it was functional. A semi colon would also have been acceptable.
    Oh Mark, you need to broaden your Subway horizons.

and necronomicon ex mortis, somehow when ive eaten in subway, i dont think its my horizon thats going to get expanded..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Subway is sh*te. Expensive and its like eating a bread roll full of air, i'm hungry 30 minutes after it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Suddenly it makes sense :)

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is the sheer number of Subways in Cork - I'm surprised that they all stay in business given the size of the city and the number of other places doing sandwiches as well. Although if you're thinking Mahon Point that's not such an issue...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Mahon point would be a good spot or in that new shoppping centre that TK MAXX is in

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

I didn't even realise there was that many subways around. The only food franchise i would ever consider is four star pizza. I d'ont like subway i find staff ignorant in most and d'ont help you when your not sure what to get. If they were any good they'd advise someone on what to get.

I think it all depends on what you get to eat to be honest, i like the spicy loaded with all the veg and hot chilli sauce. meatball is full of salt so not the best for you. Rent in Mahon point is crazy, i would think blackpool or douglas would be a good spot. there is too many, but they all have limited seating so maybe thats why?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think we might have enough with about 5 or 6 of them with the size of the city... A Pizza Hut would be nice ^_^

Is it just me or did you used to be able to get a footlong sub of the day for a fiver? Was refused it in the Washington St one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

mawk wrote: »

+1

It's the one chain I find is exactly the same no matter where in the world you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Couldn't agree less (re all subway shops tasting/smelling the same). My first outing to a Subway was in the US and I loved it. I was in others around the world without any problem (forgiving the lack of tasty pigmeat in Dubai :D) . Many years later I came across the one on South Main Street, which was was fairly new at the time. I asked the one working there for a bit of everything in the sub and instead got a bit of inedible stale bread and a slice of ham... for, if I remember correctly, a fiver. Bum deal. No more money to Subway Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Whereabouts on Pouladuff Road is it?? How can I have been living nearby one for so long and not have known???!! :eek:

I know it's not in the city but I love the Midleton one; hate the one on Oliver Plunkett St because you can barely stand inside to order let alone eat anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nice relaxing seats in Midleton alright pity the food in these place is generic...

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

^^ Midleton couldn't be less 'City'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement