Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On a different note - Anton Ferdinand anyone ?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what you guys thinks of him. I see in the news Curbishley has confirmed that they have accepted a bid of £8m from Sunderland.

I would'nt put him ahead of a 'fit' Ledley or Woodgate however the word 'fit' does not usually spring to mind when talking about these two.

Ferdinand has gotta be better than Dawson.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

No.

Just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

No, he's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

I think it would probably be a panic buy to go for him. Yes, I think the way Dawson has played that Anton would be better but he's not a real top class defender, which is what we badly need. We seriously need to sign a centre half, defensive midfielder and two strikers before the deadline or the season is another write-off.
    I can't believe they are leaving things drag on.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I agree it would be a panic buy but we are already at that stage now. Window closes in in one week and we know as things stand we're fcuked in the centre back, central holding midfield and striker positions.

Every single club in the world will know the position we're in so even very mediocre players are gonna come at massively inflated fee's now.

Personally I don't rate Anton Ferdinand as a top player but I do think he's better than our present cover (ie. Dawson & Rocha) for Ledley and Woody. And any player that may be brought in from outside the EPL is going to need time to adjust rather than be thrown straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Tony Gardener mark II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Rio Ferdinand Mark II

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Rio Ferdinand Mark II

You mean he'll play those sh*te practical jokes on his footballing chums? ;)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by colly_browy viewpost.gif
    Rio Ferdinand Mark II
    Eamo71 wrote: »
    You mean he'll play those sh*te practical jokes on his footballing chums? ;)

Or he'll go missing when the FA testers turn up at the training ground with the specimen bottles :D

Anyway I think this thread is dead as it looks like Sunderland have got him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

definately not. he's a moron just like his brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

glad we didn't sign, I don't really rate him at all.
    I remember a few seasons back (West Ham's first season back in the Prem.) he was reported to have been studying Spanish as he thought Barcelona were interested in him. Now he's ended up at Sunderland..:D:D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

Will never forget Jar Jar Binks scoring the equaliser then larging it in front of the knuckle-dragging fans at WHL a couple of seasons ago...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

I would have LOl'd good and hard had Spuds splashed out on Merc Man Jr.

Dawson and Ferdinand would have done nicely for the next visit of the Toon to WHL. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Dawson and Ferdinand would have done nicely for the next visit of the Toon to WHL. ;)

:rolleyes: don't think your lot will have too much to shout about this season either. I reckon Keegan will be sacked (or resign) by Christmas. I'd love it..;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

That's funny cos I 'LOl'd' everytime I hear some fat bare chested geordie say something like Nuuuucassell are a sleeping giant and will awake now that messiah Kevin (I'd just luv it) Keegan has taken the reins or that Owens is gonna be top scorer. :D:D:D:D

FOR ANY OTHER URINE TAKING EEJITS PERSONS, I'LL REMIND YOU THAT THIS THREAD IS DEAD. FERDINAND IS SIGNED FOR SUNDERLAND.

el diablo wrote: »
    :rolleyes: don't think your lot will have too much to shout about this season either. I reckon Keegan will be sacked (or resign) by Christmas. I'd love it..;)

Losing our two top strikers would have me clinging to all sorts of fantasies as well son. Good luck with that one.

Losing our two top strikers would have me clinging to all sorts of fantasies as well son. Good luck with that one.

How's that Berbatov to Newcastle fantasy going these days?

How's that Berbatov to Newcastle fantasy going these days?

About as well as that Berbatov to stay one. :pac:

About as well as that Berbatov to stay one. :pac:

Read the Berbatov thread, not too many fantasising about him staying.

Still more chance of that than him in a Barcodes shirt...;)

RichMc70 wrote: »
    That's funny cos I 'LOl'd' everytime I hear some fat bare chested geordie say something like Nuuuucassell are a sleeping giant and will awake now that messiah Kevin (I'd just luv it) Keegan has taken the reins

This the same keegan who set up his sides to do this:

Just wondering? ;)

Sum total of your ambition this year is 6pts against us Charlie?

Maybe in years to come you'll get to visit...

eu.jpg

• Advertisement

Just out of interest Charlie...when was the last time Nuuucassssel actually won any Silverware other than a promotion award?

Please note this does not include the Skysports Masters Six-a-side North-East trophy.

Sum total of your ambition this year is 6pts against us Charlie?

Maybe in years to come you'll get to visit...

Not all my pedigree chum, but it certainly doesn't hurt. Mind you, I whilst were discussing points, what is the sum total of Spuds haul in their opening two games against the great unwashed f the North East? That'sright, a big old goose egg.

And maybe one day you'll get to visit the

uefa_champions_league_logo_2_svg.png

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Just out of interest Charlie...when was the last time Nuuucassssel actually won any Silverware other than a promotion award?

Please note this does not include the Skysports Masters Six-a-side North-East trophy.

Ah this old chestnut. Kudos where it is due, but I wouldn't class the Carling cup as being a great scalp in such an argument. Perhaps I may ask when the last time spurs finished in the top 4?

Ah this old chestnut. Kudos where it is due, but I wouldn't class the Carling cup as being a great scalp in such an argument. Perhaps I may ask when the last time spurs finished in the top 4?

Go and ask a Portsmouth fan when they last finished in the top four. They still have more (relevant) silverware than you in the last 30+ years.

Sorry Charlie, but I thought the object of playing football was to win trophies?

Celebrating finishing 4th is a bit like getting a medal for participation. And in the case of the Barcodes, the competition is most definitely badly named...;):P:D:pac:

Advertisement