Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so..the summer is officially over

Options
  • 25-08-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

:rolleyes:
    so hello lovely boards pplz:D
    all set for school,ready for the hard work:pac:?

man,,,it's kinda hard to believe the summer is over (for me )
    have to get back to routine after this crazy summer..
    still haven't quite ready for school yet... (mentally) the reality of the LC hasn't kick in yet!!...not just yet..

just want to say ..
    Good luck everybody :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Thank God for Trinity..not in until October I actually dont know what to do most of my mates are starting school or college anyway...all the same good luck to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I don't envy you all, you've got a year of hard work or guilt and subsequent guilt ahead of you.
    I know it's a cliché but it really is worth making a bit of an effort and opening your results next August and being proud, and getting into your top choice in college. You don't want to be one of those people looking really disappointed on results day/night.

Don't let yourself freak out or panic at any stage, controlled worry is what it's all about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I envy you. A whole other year of being care-free jailbait and not having to worry about money and stuff. Oh to be 16 again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Phh I did being 16 in TY. 18 is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

in on wed for 2 hours :( then half days on thurs and fri and a full week next week... it's depressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I think I'm turning 18 during the mocks.
    NOOOO! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

my friend is 18 on the 3rd of june, yep the day the leaving starts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I can't sleep ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

K4t wrote: »
    I want Candy!!!
    there u go mate :P
    chrome-candy-scoops-wedding-favors_2320_r.jpg
    candy-parade-gifts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNHcaIJETZo :pac:
    kateos2 wrote: »
    in on wed for 2 hours :( then half days on thurs and fri and a full week next week... it's depressing!

exaculy same here...*sigh* i must adjust myself...cheer up ..:)at least we got to see out friends again..woohoo
    rhapsody! wrote: »

i think me too..if not during, probably just before or after the mocks
    i am february

Bajingo wrote: »
    Thank God for Trinity..not in until October I actually dont know what to do most of my mates are starting school or college anyway...all the same good luck to ye

thanks
    phasers wrote: »
    I envy you. A whole other year of being care-free jailbait and not having to worry about money and stuff. Oh to be 16 again. :(

awww... i hope applied maths went ok for you, thanks very much for ur advice and stuff ^-^( you probably don't even remember me but anyway:o)
    Phh I did being 16 in TY. 18 is where it's at.
    :rolleyes: congrats on ur results:D

The Walsho wrote: »
    I don't envy you all, you've got a year of hard work or guilt and subsequent guilt ahead of you.
    I know it's a cliché but it really is worth making a bit of an effort and opening your results next August and being proud, and getting into your top choice in college. You don't want to be one of those people looking really disappointed on results day/night.

Don't let yourself freak out or panic at any stage, controlled worry is what it's all about.

thanks:)..yea, controll worry is kinda hard, i taught i was good at dealing pressures and stuff..but yea, still am freak out and started panic( ALREADY)..
    must adjust...
    :(too
    :)
    Piste wrote: »
    I can't sleep ;_;
    me either...haha, i be falling alseep in school, its like my day and night are upside down in the summer...o.o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I saw people walking around in uniforms today.... i felt so bad for them..

Seriously though, i dont know would you see this as a good thing or a bad thing, but in 6th, year, i have never seen a school year pass so quickly. Blink and its gone. So not long til its over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

K4t wrote: »

I thought of that when I read her username aswell LOL! :P
    i think me too..if not during, probably just before or after the mocks
    i am february

I'm February aswell! :D February rocks..

--

I feel sorry for my friends back at my old school in their hideous uniforms! I moved to a grinds college type place in 5th year and we have no uniform. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ok I start UL next week, but its not like secondary school, im actually looking forward to this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

x2 to be honest.

I don't particularly want to be leaving school etc. I didn't love it by any stretch of the imagination but being a kid was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

kateos2 wrote: »
    Poor you :P I'm in 'til 12.30 on Wednesday and I have 2 full days on Thursday and Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

burgess1 wrote: »
    Poor you :P I'm in 'til 12.30 on Wednesday and I have 2 full days on Thursday and Friday.

Same as myself. And probably getting the sack from work because I told them I'm back tomorrow and they want proof.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

oh my god!
    the summer flew threw cant believe its over already.
    im back in on wednesday to get my timetable and in for a few hours on friday but proparly back on monday.
    let the stress ensue.

rhapsody! wrote: »

I turn 18 the monday after they finish! That weekend should be fun eh? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I turn 18 the monday after they finish! That weekend should be fun eh? :cool:
    I remember my 18th was on during my pre's, made up for it during the mid term after though.

My locker and my classroom are on two different floors :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

They're rejigged our timetable so we have a very early break and late lunch and a huge gap between.

Gonna be a hungry few months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm back since yesterday..I kinda have gotten over the "noo! summer is over" thing.

Ah well, one step at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

I remember the feeling of going into sixth year last year, terribe.
    Everyone says it flys but for me it didn't. Don't worry,apart from all the study and ****, sixth year is the best year in school. Enjoy school, I'M telling when your sitting at your graduation next year you will be thinking 'God i'll miss this' . :D

Advertisement