Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum; habemus Timetable

• 25-08-2008 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Albeit 2 weeks late FFS

www.timetable.ul.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Student Services in an uncharacteristic bout of kindness have seen fit to reduce last semester's 4 9am starts to just one on a Monday and give me a rest day on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I originally had 3 9pm starts, but I've just realised they're all tutorials so I can change them. Woo. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

nice one..one nine o'clock start on thursday, and have wednesdays off, nice mid week break, although they probably want us to use that to do our FYP..
    only nine and a half hours a week..
    have one two and a half hour lecture, but there's no tutorial or lab for that module which is kind of odd..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

it's at times like this i wish mary i would get off their asses and release our timetables. people have lives to plan like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I was able to access the timetable last night, but its currently unavailable!! :mad:

From what I remember I've 2 9am starts [monday and thursday], and I've got Wednesdays free...I'll re-jig a bit more whenever I'm able to access it...

And a 2.5 hour lecture on "Ireland and the World Economy" wtf :mad::(

• Advertisement

Two 9am starts, two 6pm finishes, and a lecture until 4pm on friday...but overall I'm happy with it :)

14.5 hours of college [Maximum] per week, starting Week 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Wish I had the anticipation/excitment of a timetable to look at...:(

Mossin wrote: »

No tutorial....it's the only module we have in common as far as I can see. If it's Tony you can be sure it'll be 3 hours every Monday:mad: if it's Helena or Donal it'll probably run no more than 2:15 with a break at 1:00

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Wish I had the anticipation/excitment of a timetable to look at...:(

Awwww *hugs for FM*

Sure in no time you'll be teaching, and be sick of a timetable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Teaching, *shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Two 9 o'clock starts, Wednesday off, only 2 hours on Monday and 13 hours in total. I am in until 3 on a Friday, was hoping to be off earlier but considering how great the rest of the timetable is I can't complain. I thought it was gonna be rammed with stuff for 4th year, dunno why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

ergonomics wrote: »
    Two 9 o'clock starts, Wednesday off, only 2 hours on Monday and 13 hours in total. I am in until 3 on a Friday, was hoping to be off earlier but considering how great the rest of the timetable is I can't complain. I thought it was gonna be rammed with stuff for 4th year, dunno why.

More importantly are you coming boozing on the 8th?, you're another person I'd like to meet along with that digiking person who thinks I want to torture him :p

To drag this slightly back on topic, is the college still supposed to give Wednesday afternoon off for Clubs & Socs stuff or did that go out the window with the whole alcohol policy thing? If I remember correctly 4th year was the only year where Wednesdays were mostly free for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i have that module as well, should be intriguing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

rmacm wrote: »
    More importantly are you coming boozing on the 8th?, you're another person I'd like to meet along with that digiking person who thinks I want to torture him :p

To drag this slightly back on topic, is the college still supposed to give Wednesday afternoon off for Clubs & Socs stuff or did that go out the window with the whole alcohol policy thing? If I remember correctly 4th year was the only year where Wednesdays were mostly free for me.

they are still meant to yes but most faculties still timetable you on wednesday evenings but then the student union organises that break out wednesday thing which is fun

edit,4 9am starts 3 of which are lectures and 20 hours a week ****ing assholes making me work

I think the Wednesday afternoon issue has been sorted; in the main due to the extra teaching space made available in the new KBS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Yay Wednesdays off...Friday only tutorials which are probably fortnightly, and only 12 hours at most so can't complain!

Although...where's LG? Lonsdale? Yeah and I'm going into 4th year :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Shyster wrote: »
    Although...where's LG? Lonsdale? Yeah and I'm going into 4th year :o

Aye Lonsdale building it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

No timetable for me as usual..

Funkstard wrote: »
    No timetable for me as usual..

Working fine for me at work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

My course never has a timetable up on the server, kinda works in its own little world. From the timetable it appears I don't have any college at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Awwww *hugs for FM*
    Thanks!:(
    Sure in no time you'll be teaching, and be sick of a timetable :)
    True that. Except can't doss any subjects in favour of sleep/tv/drink!:D

Though, that's if I find a job I like/want..turned down my 3rd job offer today!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Just tried clicking into see my timetable, cant access it though :( gonna have to wait for orientation next week.

Just tried clicking into see my timetable, cant access it though :( gonna have to wait for orientation next week.

Your ID number might be on your orientation documents(IIRC it's there in tiny writing somewhere). It'll be a 7 digit number in the form of "08xxxxx". You might be able to get it from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

"1st year student timetables will be unavailable until close of business on friday of week 2." - http://www.timetable.ul.ie/tt1.asp

So im afraid Limerick Man you will have to wait until orientation week .Nearly here mind you.You could try working it out from your modules but depending on the sort of hours you have each week that could be tricky at best :confused:

ninty9er wrote: »
    I think the Wednesday afternoon issue has been sorted; in the main due to the extra teaching space made available in the new KBS.

im in till 6 on wednesday which sucks ass so i think they have some work to go yet

PeakOutput wrote: »
    im in till 6 on wednesday which sucks ass so i think they have some work to go yet
    Is it a tutorial....if not email the education officer at the Students' Union...ASAP

iv a lab from 11-2 and then a lab 4-6

does that matter?

PeakOutput wrote: »
    iv a lab from 11-2 and then a lab 4-6

does that matter?

Yup email him, details on www.ulsu.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Just discovered my perfect timetable isn't so perfect. One module is missing and it doesn't show up if I type in the module code seperately either. I'm willing to bet it'll be on Wednesday and Thursday morning like it was last year meaning I won't have a day off/sleep in anymore! Stupid UL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

ergonomics wrote: »
    ...meaning I won't have a day off/sleep in anymore! Stupid UL.

Awwwww ya poor thing......:D

Advertisement