Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does an phone upgrade extend your contract

• 25-08-2008 9:42pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 69 ✭✭

Moved phones to o2 from meteor. The bill from Meteor has a charge of about 165 for contract fee. Does anyone know what this is (before I ring Meteor). I got an upgrade back in March and I think this extended the contract by 12 months - is this correct that an upgrade is a contract extension?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Yup, afraid it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Yeah they do, that charge is for buying out your contract!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 69 ✭✭douglastubbs

Bugger,
    Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭trellheim

You would have signed a bit of paper saying this was so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭cluelessx2

There is a loophole though - if Meteor don't cover your area then they will (probably) release you without penalty - I just got out of an 18month contract with O2 due to this. I moved house and there's almost no reception with O2 in the new place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

cluelessx2 wrote: »
    There is a loophole though - if Meteor don't cover your area then they will (probably) release you without penalty - I just got out of an 18month contract with O2 due to this. I moved house and there's almost no reception with O2 in the new place.
    I don't think they're obliged to though.

Advertisement