Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smilies not working

Options
  • 25-08-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

For a few days now my smilies buttons haven't been working. Is there any way to fix?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

What's wrong with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I click on them but they don't appear in the message..

Just clicked "confused" smilie.

Usually one of a couple of things, you have javascript disabled on your browser (either by accident or by design), the cached javascript is corrupt for some reason (happens occasionally), or there's a problem with your browser.

If you haven't noticed similar problems with other sites, I'd imagine your javascript cache has become corrupt. Ctrl+F5 on the page will usually fix this, maybe restart the browser afterwards.

Check if I was having a problem on other sites and I'm not. I can use smilies on all of the ones I looked at.
    I tried the Ctrl+F5 and restarted browser and no change. :( (typed that)

I have reinstalled latest Java update.
    I have noticed at the bottom left of the page, when I go to type a reply, I have "Done, but with errors on page" and a yellow exclamation mark.

• Advertisement

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?

IE 6

You might try clearing your temporary internet files.

I have "empty temp internet folder when browser closed" enabled in advance settings. Also use ccleaner on a regular basis.

No change.

I found another site that has the same symptoms.. thesite.org

Hyperlink button not working either.

Just to let you know..

I had a problem with IE as well. Decided to back up and do a format and reinstall.

Things back to normal so far. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement