Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Justice: Towards an Egalitarian Global Order (EQUL10020

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

really lookin for an easy second semester elective, anyone any idea of Global Justice: Towards an Egalitarian Global Order (EQUL10020)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Did it, got a B without much hassle and it was interesting. As long as you go to your tutorials, write up 300 word reviews every (odd) week and submit an essay plan and the essay, you can't fail. In fact, you should get a B unless your essay is really bad. The reviews aren't graded and the tutorials are pretty much discussions about the lectures/reviews.

I'd pretty much recommend any of the Equality Studies electives, the staff are great and they were probably the most helpful department I ever dealt with in UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭clickerfingers

i just had a couple of questions about it as im a bit nervous doing it as i have never done it before.... i am an archaeology/linguistics student so have no experience at all , do you think this will be ok?

what is the main theme/idea of this module?

is the essay long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

You should find you don't need much experience at all in arts electives. I've done 4 altogether, two 1st year modules, one 2nd year and one 3rd year, and I do science. I passed all of them without too much hassle (didn't do great, but I didn't really go to the lectures/exam in one case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DOONEE

Hey, I'm doing Global Justice (UCD)this year (Semester 2) also
    Is there many people doing global justice this year or is it not popular at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 commodity

DOONEE wrote: »
    Hey, I'm doing Global Justice (UCD)this year (Semester 2) also
    Is there many people doing global justice this year or is it not popular at all?

Few of my friends tried to register early on and it was full - all the places went fast it seems so you won't be alone :) Supposed to be a great course so enjoy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement