Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combat Gear

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi guys im new here!

Ive been in to airsoft for a while now have a nice armoury but am lacking sum good camo and tac gear.
    Does anybody know where i can get my mits on sum good quality camo clothes? Price is not important!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

www.ehobbyasia.com are pretty good, www.ebaybanned.com too but a bit slower on postage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

vtec wrote: »
    www.ehobbyasia.com are pretty good, www.ebaybanned.com too but a bit slower on postage

I bought a tac vest off ehobbyasia.com was fairly poor quality i thought!
    This ebaybanned.com has sum good stuff! Have you ever got anything off them before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭eagleye7

Hey theres a post on the main forum called tac vests.(started by yours truly) I was askin people bout their Preferences/likes/dislikes on the subject and some pretty cool sites were mentioned. Youll notice my last post was aimed at people just like you lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

elsi wrote: »
    something like this http://www.viperkit.co.uk/southafricanassaultvest.htm# looks good what do yous think?

Many people I know swear by that vest, its almost impossible to run out of storage room with it, and its Viper so its very good quality

Killinator wrote: »
    Many people I know swear by that vest, its almost impossible to run out of storage room with it, and its Viper so its very good quality

Yeah it looks good. Whats on the back of it? The website has little info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

There is a space for a 1.5 L hydration bladder and a lower level pocket. I have one myself and cannot say anything bad about them. Good quality and plenty of storage for mags, ammo, radio etc. You wont be disappointed.

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    There is a space for a 1.5 L hydration bladder and a lower level pocket. I have one myself and cannot say anything bad about them. Good quality and plenty of storage for mags, ammo, radio etc. You wont be disappointed.

Cool. How much did yours cost in the end delivered plus tax and all??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

you can get one in eirsoft for 45 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SOLID_SNAKE!

When skirmishing can you wear any gear/camo or is there a dress code(don't want to go skirmishing and be that guy) and does the camo have to match the real army uniform completely, because i was just thinking of getting two sets (generic woodland camo) for outdoor games and (some SWAT gear) indoor games.I have a FAMAS(Jinpeng) and an M16A4(Dboys) and a normal M1911A1(sidearm) so i'll probably get a Viper vest (with M16 pouches and pistol holster) is that possible please fill me in on what i Need to play
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

You only really NEED an AEG,Battery for said AEG, BB's, Mask, clothing to suit the weather you will be playing in and a good pair of boots. There are a couple of rules about what you cannot wear and they can be found on the getting started threads.

Check out this thread. It will tell you what to avoid http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054977747

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    You only really NEED an AEG,Battery for said AEG, BB's, Mask, clothing to suit the weather you will be playing in and a good pair of boots. There are a couple of rules about what you cannot wear and they can be found on the getting started threads.

Check out this thread. It will tell you what to avoid http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054977747

Serious take the advice about the boots, just a pair of workmen ankle supporting boots work wonders!

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

+1 Boots VERY important Make sure they fit - learned the hard way. steel toe not recommended. Found light leather hiking boots best.

K, I'll make sure of the boots anyway, also my "Dboys" M16 SPR MOD 1 i have is missing the catch release and the top half of the reciever is loose and i don't think there is any way way to tighten it any ideas.
    (The info is much appreciated, you've made it that much easier)

i also have a 1500mAh battery for each of my AEG'S would it be prudent of me to invest in a second back up battery for each?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

i also have a 1500mAh battery for each of my AEG'S would it be prudent of me to invest in a second back up battery for each?

Probably:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Never had a fully charged battery let me down.

My 1400 mah battery for my main lasted me a full weekend at both gatherings 1 and 2, with other guns getting a brief look in.

Get one spare maybe, but dont break the bank, you probably wont use it.

k, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

your not gonna bring all your aegs out. so why not just bring the baterys of the other/s out as spares, as long as they are compatable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

regards combat gear, i have been recomending this stuff to a lot of people;
    http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=95&products_id=544
    cheap as bits, and that company are meant to be quite good to deal with. note; i have nothing to do with the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

tonky wrote: »
    +1 Boots VERY important Make sure they fit - learned the hard way. steel toe not recommended. Found light leather hiking boots best.

http://www.nexternal.com/armynavy/images/classic-9-composite-side-zi1.gif

I have those with the composite toe, light as non safety toe boots, and by far the most comfortable boots ive owned.

This Airsoft is worse than model aeroplanes - every time I get a spare few quid some other goodie comes along .... :) Nice boots indeed...

tonky wrote: »
    This Airsoft is worse than model aeroplanes - every time I get a spare few quid some other goodie comes along .... :) Nice boots indeed...

You and me both, that aug you sold me was the end of my positive bank balance

There is just so much you can buy.

once you have the bare essentials you just keep adding bits and bobs

I had those boots before airsoft (use them for work and order of malta) so theyre multi task and stand up to dogs abuse, such as full kegs of beer falling on them or 16hrs on my feet at oxygen, always comfortable, no blisters no cold feet as the comp toe doesnt transfer cold like steel toe. And despite all that wipe with wet cloth, allow to dry and can be polished up very well for formal occasions a real good all rounder

Got them off ebay, seller was great, good price, said it would be 2-3 days for delivery, it was here the next day, cant fault him.

Not sure if i can post the link or not but i have it if needed, can i post it?

Edit; Heres the link for ya http://cgi.ebay.ie/Original-SWAT-Black-Side-Zip-Composite-Toe-Combat-Boots_W0QQitemZ380032821637QQihZ025QQcategoryZ63850QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    http://www.nexternal.com/armynavy/images/classic-9-composite-side-zi1.gif

I have those with the composite toe, light as non safety toe boots, and by far the most comfortable boots ive owned.

You could do yourself serious damage in those boots.

Elaborate please?

Sorry tonky didnt mean you ment Poccington to elaborate (tirdness takes its toll on the best of us)

Link added

That guy has a whole rang of boots, so take your pick, i just reccomend those as they're the ones ive used

Right - figured it out - brain misfire. deleted confusing messages above, nice selection of stuff ok,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

They're just not made for Ops. Boots like that have absolutely no ankle support, you go over on your ankle in boots like those and you're risking serious damage. If you're gonna fork out for a pair of boots, you may as well buy a top range pair so you won't have to buy again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

i KNOW my boots (years of toddling round mountains) these are what i wear at the mo. really good boots.
    http://www.armynnavy.com/catalog/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/323/products_id/2030
    you can get em in millets, GOD's and a load of other places. 200 squid. a lot of bread. the key area you will notice a major difference between the more upmarket boot and the light waight boot are 1. extended use 2. support under weight. i carry a very large pack when out and about 40kg's+ for days at a trot. i need good feets. these are go0ooood. but understandably a bit pricy if all you need is for airsoft. lowa do a similar boot, and meindle do a great army boot, but tough to find.
    i am drunk. hense the rambling. im gona bed. ....hic...

Advertisement