Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Manly Manly Manlove) Thread Closure

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

What's the rationale for closing a thread?

I unfolded my love for a fellow poster in fine flowing verse in After Hours tonight, and rather than the Nobel Prize I expected, I got slapped in the snout with a cold sack of thread closure.

Who decides that? Why must my love be forbidden? I haven't libelled anyone. I haven't recommended anything illegal. All I've done is look into my soul and find there a big seeping stye of man-crush for a coprolaliac stalwart of the boards. If the world is to deplore that (oh, cruel world!) can the world not be allowed to do so openly, in words, in a thread? Why must my rhapsody be so cruelly stilled?

Why was the thread closed? I'm not criticising the rationale, or even disagreeing with it. I just have no idea what it is.

The only parts of the charter that I can charge myself under are being off-topic and being pointless. Given that it was a new thread, I can't see how it could be off-topic. As to pointlessness, that seems a big whip to start cracking.

Is there a serious reason for this, or was it just one moment of trigger-happy madness?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose you refer to this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57029728
    Tripe at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

biko wrote: »
    Tripe at best.

I do indeed, and your review of the thread has obviously been pasted lovingly into my journal. But fluent and nuanced as your review may be, it doesn't come within a blue whale's cock of answering my question. Fancy another try?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

The end is near.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

biko wrote: »
    Tripe at best.

Tripe? In AH? You're joking...?!
    The man shoudl be allowed to share his feelings. Mind you, it does remind me of two gay priests in the plane-crash episode of Father Ted.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

gogglebok wrote: »
    I do indeed, and your review of the thread has obviously been pasted lovingly into my journal. But fluent and nuanced as your review may be, it doesn't come within a blue whale's cock of answering my question. Fancy another try?
    good retort

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Mind you, it does remind me of two gay priests in the plane-crash episode of Father Ted.

Me too. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I unfolded my love for a fellow poster in fine flowing verse in After Hours tonight

Are you a Vogon by any chance?

SteveC wrote: »
    Are you a Vogon by any chance?

Isn't that only the third worst poetry in the Universe? I'd like to think I aim a little higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Well I thought it was a lovely bit of prose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Isn't that only the third worst poetry in the Universe? I'd like to think I aim a little higher.
    Yep - I don't think there'd be anyone posting in this thread if you had gotten first or second though....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

AC is right though. Flutterin' speaks a load of shite, and i can only imagine that if you lick his ass, it wouldn't taste very nice.

Other than that, dare you go to the thunderdome, you are going to get the piss ripped out of you.

nevf wrote: »
    Other than that, dare you go to the thunderdome, you are going to get the piss ripped out of you.

I'm not even sure what the Thunderdome is. It sounds like Flutterin's pet name for his manly but well-rounded rear.

Why lock the thread on AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I unfolded my love for a fellow poster in fine flowing verse in After Hours tonight, and rather than the Nobel Prize I expected, I got slapped in the snout with a cold sack of thread closure.
    If feedback doesn't work out for you try a cold shower.

muffler wrote: »
    If feedback doesn't work out for you try a cold shower.

Are you trying to insinuate that there is something sexual about my love for FB? Shame on you, muffler. I just love his prose style, and I'm giving it a standing ovation with every part of my body.

Are you trying to insinuate that there is something sexual about my love for FB? Shame on you, muffler. I just love his prose style, and I'm giving it a standing ovation with every part of my body.
    2 boardsies 1 thread....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes, well just be careful when closing the shower door.

muffler wrote: »
    Yes, well just be careful when closing the shower door.

But if I close it... how will he find me?

(SteveC: :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

There is an uncomfortable whif of ghey in this thread.

down wit that sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

ghey.jpg

snyper wrote: »
    There is an uncomfortable whif of ghey in this thread.

down wit that sort of thing!
    yup

gay.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The thread was posted in the incorrect forum. It was locked. Please post further threads in the Brokeback Mountain forum.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience (13 minutes to answer your PM was most kind.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Karoma wrote: »
    The thread was posted in the incorrect forum. It was locked. Please post further threads in the Brokeback Mountain forum.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience (13 minutes to answer your PM was most kind.)
    Jeez Karoma, really falling behind... Should set up a little autoresponder:

"The person you have tried to reach at K-A-R-O-M-A is currently busy dealing with real world issues. Please leave your username and your message, and the person you have tried to contact will answer your query within 13 minutes, now GTFO"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Guess we won't be seeing "Ode To Karoma" anytime soon, then? Pity, there's great poetic potential there - Roma, aroma, stoma, melanoma, carcinoma....

Nice comeback. Made me laugh anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Guess we won't be seeing "Ode To Karoma" anytime soon, then? Pity, there's great poetic potential there - Roma, aroma, stoma, melanoma, carcinoma....

can I show ya? my bone-a

oh christ i have caught the ghey! :eek:

can I show ya? my bone-a

oh christ i have caught the ghey! :eek:

From your long heterosexual coma
    You awake to a subtle aroma -
    The deep masculine drafts
    Of the hormone that wafts
    From the skin of your idol Karoma.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

It was probably closed because it made the mods eyes bleed, that and to save you from yourself.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    It was probably closed because it made the mods eyes bleed, that and to save you from yourself.

I think I see their point. I'm going to Laser tonight and renting six Westerns. Old Westerns. Without Heath Ledger in them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dont worry OP, dont let the philistines prevent you from publishing your work and reaching out for your audience.

Dont forget oscar wilde was one of the gheys too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Just remember Gogglebok;

"Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

gogglebok?

More like gobblec-

*gets yanked off stage*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement