Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Kelly tour photos from Mahon Falls

Options
  • 25-08-2008 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

For those of you that made it over Mahon Falls climb on Sunday, firstly , well done and secondly, if your interested, you might find your photo here on my flickr page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kierancoffey

(Be prepared to browse, there are a lot from the day.)

Other than that – I don’t know who the 2 people below are but it looks like you might hang out around here …

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

cool thanks hopefully i'll find myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

First one is Raam, second one not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

kcphoto wrote: »
    For those of you that made it over Mahon Falls climb on Sunday, firstly , well done and secondly, if your interested, you might find your photo here on my flickr page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kierancoffey

(Be prepared to browse, there are a lot from the day.)

Other than that – I don’t know who the 2 people below are but it looks like you might hang out around here …

Wahey, that's me in the first one on the Cervelo. Emty, you look a lot happier than I look. What was in your water bottles?

Thanks for the pics, Kcphoto. I remember someone taking a pic at the time and saying something to me as I went over the top, but I wasn't sure what they said.

cool ya got one of me anyway

E@gle. wrote: »
    cool ya got one of me anyway

Which one, dude?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Not there but thanks anyway - you gave me (and no doubt others) a nice incentive coming up the last bit!!

Fair play to you for taking/posting them...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Can't believe ya didnt recognise Blorg, surely you have heard of the famous sandals??

Raam wrote: »
    Which one, dude?

The ultra close up one

E@gle. wrote: »
    The ultra close up one

Ah go on, which one is it?

Ah go on, which one is it?

sorry thought i posted the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kierancoffey/2796603718/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Look like you are having fun there E@gle ! How did you find it anyway, probably seemed easier in the car on Saturday night !

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Look like you are having fun there E@gle ! How did you find it anyway, probably seemed easier in the car on Saturday night !

Didnt find it too bad tbh the climbs i usually do in the slieve blooms are longer but the gradient isnt as bad, for the last bit on mahon falls i just gave it socks and was up it quickly.

I nearly hit a feckin Bmw x5 rolling up hill at the magic road when it stopped in front of me

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Is that the descent of Mahon. If so, Raam, your face says it all.

el tonto wrote: »
    Is that the descent of Mahon. If so, Raam, your face says it all.

Presume you mean "ascent", and yes, you're right. I was doing my damndest to drop or break RogerB, but he nailed me on the descent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Well looks from the photo filenames that you were first over Mahon Raam!

2795295973_de5bdea760_m.jpg 2796142796_f6b92d92fe_m.jpg 2795298667_216de6e272_m.jpg 2796145342_4286511ca9_m.jpg

These four are: Raam, RogerB, myself, and this very hard man I was with all the way around from when Raam and Roger dropped us on Powers the Pot. This man did not have a second ring, nor did he believe in it, I honestly suspect he was still in his big ring in that photo above. Did a lot of pulling me around on the flat bits, I tried to do a bit myself but he really did more than his fair share, whenever my speed dropped below 38km/h he would be right back out in front again and we'd be up above 40 :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Presume you mean "ascent", and yes, you're right. I was doing my damndest to drop or break RogerB, but he nailed me on the descent.

Actually, from the photo I thought you were heading downhill. Trying to drop RogerB would also provide that facial expresssion though!
    blorg wrote: »
    These four are: Raam, RogerB, myself, and this very hard man I was with all the way around...

Is that blood on your leg Blorg?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Kcphoto, do you mind if I download this one to keep
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kierancoffey/2795774303/
    a bit red in the face but at least I'm still smiling.

Yes, but that was just from being swiped by a protruding branch, was fine. Far worse was to come when I crashed on the next ascent (touched wheels with hard man above.) Flipped over the bike, reckon shoulder took most of the impact, my right arm is still very painful from elbow to shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I reckon it's the scab from his fall the Sunday before cracking a little, but cos he's Blorg, it's not blood -it's brake fluid!

I had seen that and was actually wondering if it was you, what with the Specialized bike and the tri bars!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kcphoto

Blorg,
    I have to say when i was looking back over the photos I did a double take on yours , 1. the sandals ?? 2. looking far too comfortable and happy near the top of that hill.

I've started cycling a bit myself recently and hopefully if they run it again next year I'll enter. Don't know about the 160km though , I saw too much pain and suffering on Sunday at the top of Mahon Falls - with some exceptions, as mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kcphoto

have a look at your PM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I had seen that and was actually wondering if it was you, what with the Specialized bike and the tri bars!
    and one hand permanently on the breaks. Even going up hill!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

2795298667_216de6e272_m.jpg

Are those clipless sandals? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Emty, you look a lot happier than I look. What was in your water bottles?

He really loves them climbs:D

Actually, from the photo I thought you were heading downhill.

Jees man, that was the steepest bit of the entire course. Are you saying that I put on my race face for nothing?

Jees man, that was the steepest bit of the entire course. Are you saying that I put on my race face for nothing?

It was probably just the angle then. Don't worry, your race face is suitably impressive.

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Are those clipless sandals? ;)
    Yes, they are Shimano SH-SD65s (SPD system), work very well for a little over half the year. Well ventilated and very walkable too; they are the only shoe I need to bring touring.
    SH-SD65_popup_v1_m56577569830573179.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SACH Central

2796970007_3338d81bc8_m.jpg

2797819868_7908a87289_m.jpg2796967421_8380f01e5f_m.jpg

That's me, photo at the top, hurtin' like hell!. Below me, in front of the jeep is Vinnie Kelly, Sean's brother. The photo on the bottom right is Martin O'Loughlin, National Vets champion, and a total horse! There were 8 or 10 of us in 'my' group most of us from Carrick-on-Suir. Martin was totally crusin', chatting away, not even out of breath! Mind you he's not long back from the Alps where he spent a few days with Roche & Deignan before the Olympics.

• Advertisement

The photo on the bottom right is Martin O'Loughlin, National Vets champion, and a total horse! There were 8 or 10 of us in 'my' group most of us from Carrick-on-Suir. Martin was totally crusin', chatting away, not even out of breath! Mind you he's not long back from the Alps where he spent a few days with Roche & Deignan before the Olympics.

At the roll out, he looked to be getting filmed from the back of a jeep for some promo or other.

Advertisement