Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Kelly tour photos from Mahon Falls

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

what was the filming for? Every time I looked up there was a video camera in my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

what was the filming for? Every time I looked up there was a video camera in my face.

Hunnymonster does the Deise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

O'Loughlin is one of the best riders in Ireland at any level. Thats his National Vets champions kit, but even at 41 he is winning most of the A races that he enters (or sharing them with Sam Bennett - whom he coaches). Extremely impressive, good club, good individuals. I do their website too and it astonishes me just how much success they have, their underage program is great also, Martin's son Michael has just about mopped up every title you can get in the U11 category this year. Have had to line up next to Martin in enough races this year to put me right off having to handle him for the 160km, fair play to you Sachs !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

That's me, photo at the top, hurtin' like hell!. Below me, in front of the jeep is Vinnie Kelly, Sean's brother. The photo on the bottom right is Martin O'Loughlin, National Vets champion, and a total horse! There were 8 or 10 of us in 'my' group most of us from Carrick-on-Suir. Martin was totally crusin', chatting away, not even out of breath! Mind you he's not long back from the Alps where he spent a few days with Roche & Deignan before the Olympics.

Ye went past us just after Mahon Falls then, we tried to sit on for a while until about half a mile into the maumau before dropping back to a more realistic pace. Still, nice to think I was in good company for a little while at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kcphoto

Does anyone know at what point Sean Kelly came over Mahon ? I was there about 3 hrs and he hadn't passed me. There were a few other people there too, pretty much from the start and they hadn't seen him. Did he go a different route by any chance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

As I was driving home after doing the 100km I met Kelly on the main road back to Waterford, halfway between Lemybrian and The Pike. He was on his own and fighting the headwind. Guess he skipped the last leg to be back to sign all those autographs.

Fantastic day and great credit due to the organisers. I noticed the whole Power family out marshalling - hopefully they will be celebrating Ciaran winning the stage to Waterford in the TOI tommorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

He got back to the finish around 1h15 or so after me- reckon he was spending a lot of time at the food stops etc. talking to people and wasn't really pushing it. He was standing in one spot at the finish for several hours signing autographs and posing for photos, and always had a smile and a few words for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SACH Central

kcphoto wrote: »
    Does anyone know at what point Sean Kelly came over Mahon ? I was there about 3 hrs and he hadn't passed me. There were a few other people there too, pretty much from the start and they hadn't seen him. Did he go a different route by any chance ?

kcphoto, he was in 'my' (I use the word 'my' loosely. I should really say 'the group that contained me'!!) group most of the day. He by-passed the main Mahon Falls climb and obviously went straight to the finish. I know we didn't drop him anyway :D. Thanks for the great photos BTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭topazkk

He's actually my cousin and he was telling me as he zoomed past me during the Carrick to Clonmel leg that he was wearing a radio mike for a documentery that Setanta Sports were making on Carrick Wheelers his club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mahon Falls

Brilliant Photos. Brilliant day. Heard that over 2,000 did tour. Did 100k but hope to do 160k next year. Any photos of 100k up anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

There are some photos from the Worldwide Cycles service van here although I didn't recognise anyone. Congrats to Worldwide Cycles by the way, sounds like they did a top-notch job on the day.

Advertisement