Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JOHN CENA INJURED NO JOKE! FOR REALS, SWEAR (Raw Spoilers)

• 25-08-2008 10:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

[url]www.f4wonline.com:[/url]
    MEMBERS-ONLY: WWE megastar suffering from potential serious injury

John Cena is having serious problems with his neck which is causing numbness in one of his arms.
    After having an MRI done on Saturday before the show in Madison Square Garden, he returned to MSG and said, "Long story short, my neck is ****ed up badly."

That's the reason singles matches with Cena for this weekend were turned into tags, and why Batista worked most of the matches at all three shows.

Cena hasn't indicated if he's going to take time off at this point or not.

I dont usually post members only content but this is a big story. Remember Austin had the same problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Fair play, Rovert.

Sounds like nerve damage and I hope it's nothing more serious. Like the guy or not, I don't think anybody would want to see his career cut short. Hope he takes it easy and fully recovers before returning to action.

Makes the Raw PPV outcome potentially more interesting, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I heard his condition has been downgraded to "poopy."

I think he has been chance fate with a the power moves and feats of strength he does (lifting Khali up, FU two people at the same time.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I hope he can get it sorted out. Depends what way his neck is messed up, but there's guys like Edge and Rhino who had neck problems but seem to be doing alright now after surgery

Ive started it over on the F4W boards so I might as well do the same here:

Faker news story?

Orton's motor bike wreck?

or

Cena's tingly arms?

Remember where you heard it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tis fake imo

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tis fake imo

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Is it faked then. If so, the WWE are going to great lengths to fool the marks by changing house show cards and releasing fake news. Nice to see they care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Cant see this being fake news, Cena seems to be doing nothing that would need a prop in the form of a fake injury?

Unless they say it was a result of batista?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Fair play, Rovert.

Sounds like nerve damage and I hope it's nothing more serious. Like the guy or not, I don't think anybody would want to see his career cut short. Hope he takes it easy and fully recovers before returning to action.

Makes the Raw PPV outcome potentially more interesting, though.

Wrestling is fake, the outcome has already been decided.

/troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rovert wrote: »

Faker news story?

or

Cena's tingly arms?

If you think its fake why post it in capital letters with a billion exclamation marks?! You'd be the first man to jump down someone's throat for doing the same.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

they are touting the injury on raw herniated disc apparently, out indefinitely :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Begor.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tis fake imo
    Agreed.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Is it faked then.
    flahavaj wrote: »
    If you think its fake why post it in capital letters with a billion exclamation marks?! You'd be the first man to jump down someone's throat for doing the same.:pac:

This went over people's heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Hope he is ok and back soon

Any update on Orton?

JP Liz wrote: »
    Hope he is ok and back soon

He is out for 12-15 months. This wont be similar to his pec tear. It is the type of thing that can only heal itself there is not much you can do to rehab it.
    JP Liz wrote: »
    Any update on Orton?

Total mystery, no offical record of the crash exists. Thats all I know.

So hang on Rovert, are you saying that his injury is not real?

So hang on Rovert, are you saying that his injury is not real?
    This went over people's heads.

So hang on.

You got snotty with me in one of my first posts in this forum when I said that wrestlers get ample time off due to 'injuries' etc. You claimed they were one of the hardest working entertainers around. So what - you're stating that Cena isn't injured he's just off doing other work? Excuse me if I just don't understand you.

So hang on.

You got snotty with me in one of my first posts in this forum when I said that wrestlers get ample time off due to 'injuries' etc. You claimed they were one of the hardest working entertainers around.

Are you on drugs or something as you've imagined this exchange totally, seriously.
    So what - you're stating that Cena isn't injured he's just off doing other work? Excuse me if I just don't understand you.

CLUES!:

Faker news story?

or

Cena's tingly arms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nothing like a straight answer to clear things up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Source Wrestlezone

spacer.gif
    John Cena will be heading to San Antonio, Texas on Wednesday to have his neck looked at by Dr. Lloyd Youngblood, the surgeon who performed major neck surgeries on Steve Austin, Edge, Lita, and others. WWE.com reported that Cena will also be flying to Pittsburgh tomorrow to be examined by neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon.

WWE's website posted some comments tonight from Cena regarding his injury:

“It needs to be dealt with because I lost most of the feeling in my right arm and am having pain in my shoulder....I’m losing 20 percent of my strength per day. If I don’t do anything about it, the injury will end up rupturing and then the surgery will be more difficult. It’s not easy, because surgery never is."

“Every moment I stay away from the table is another moment something bad can happen. The disk is so bulged out and inflamed that any sudden move could make it worse.”

gimmick wrote: »
    Nothing like a straight answer to clear things up.

Are people this dumb, honestly?

Is a pretty standard jokey line, the meaning of what I said is pretty clear here. I don’t see the confusion or ambiguity especially given everything else Ive posted in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

rovert, you have been about as clear as mud. I don't care if you want to call me dumb or whatever.

Agreed.

One liners filled with a condescending tone don't really come across as good explanations. You have to take yourself out of your own shoes and understand people don't necessarily understand you when you do this all the time.

I know it was a joke and that, but it wasn't very well executed.

rovert, you have been about as clear as mud. I don't care if you want to call me dumb or whatever.

What part of this in particular didn’t you understand?

Not to mention my dismissing of Cena's serious condition (which I originally posted about) as "tingly arms."

At what point do you not take what I said in one post seriously and say "hold on a minute, I think he might be joking?"

Agreed.

One liners filled with a condescending tone don't really come across as good explanations. You have to take yourself out of your own shoes and understand people don't necessarily understand you when you do this all the time.

I know it was a joke and that, but it wasn't very well executed.

Sure you did mate:
    So what - you're stating that Cena isn't injured he's just off doing other work? Excuse me if I just don't understand you.

Im not saying it was the funniest thing ever, whether is was or not is a mute point. But there was numerous easy tells and indications displaying what I actually meant in what I wrote.

Okay, a few things.

Tingly arms can be something serious. It could potentially something vascular manifesting itself this way. TIA (trans-ischemic attacks) are commonly found due to arm tingles/numbness. The physical condition he's in would mask excessive sweating as a potential indicator of a possible heart condtion, so this would be a legimate concern.

The fact that neck problems were also mentioned would be a cause to be worried in the same respect, with major arteries and veins in this region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

This forum has really gone down the tubes in the last few months.I have to admit that makes me sad that you have to resort to foreign sites to get good or fun conversations about interesting topics.

Rovert it can be hard to interperate people on written word.If you're being sarcastic us smilies FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

This forum has really gone down the tubes in the last few months.I have to admit that makes me sad that you have to resort to foreign sites to get good or fun conversations about interesting topics.

Rovert it can be hard to interperate people on written word.If you're being sarcastic us smilies FFS.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who has noticed that the decline of this forum has had a direct correlation with the sudden increase in posts by rovert in the last few months.

There, I said it.

• Advertisement

Okay, a few things.

Tingly arms can be something serious. It could potentially something vascular manifesting itself this way. TIA (trans-ischemic attacks) are commonly found due to arm tingles/numbness. The physical condition he's in would mask excessive sweating as a potential indicator of a possible heart condtion, so this would be a legimate concern.

The fact that neck problems were also mentioned would be a cause to be worried in the same respect, with major arteries and veins in this region.

Tingly arms are only a possible symptom not a cause, so my point is vaid:
    Not to mention my dismissing of Cena's serious condition (which I originally posted about) as "tingly arms."

I was the OP in this thread remember? I didnt think what I wrote needed smilies as even the last line of the post was pretty clear in its intent.

Not to mention I said I was the person starting the "rumour" which was in fact was baseless. Which still didnt stop posters here apparently accepting it and buy into, fancy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Are you on drugs or something as you've imagined this exchange totally, seriously.

CLUES!:

Cena is supposed to be lined up for film work with WWE, its prob just a storyline so it gives him time off to film.

I did not mean 'cause' in the way you seem to have read it. I merely meant it in the figure of speech manner.

I am more than aware that it is only a symptom. Tingly arms however, in a man who put strain on his heart every day would be "cause for concern". The human heart is the size of your fist, more or less. Excessive exercise puts excessive pressure on this organ. It is not meant to take over-abuse. These are not 'average-men' doing average work.

His travelling, which I presume involves many flights could also be reason for the tingling sensation he's experiencing. As we all know long-haul flights can cause DVTs. Granted he has better venous and arterial flow than the next man, we can imagine, but his job involves travelling on a near day-to-day basis.

Not to mention the depletion of Calcium due to excessive exercise which could potentially have a detrimental effect on the heart.
    ..a defect in signaling that prevents effective elevation of cytosolic calcium would impair contractility as the contraction of heart muscle is directly determined by the level of calcium elevation during systole. (sic)...
    Put simply, calcium is very important in the role of the heart's work.

We are only aware of this as the only symptom Cena is experiencing, becuase we are told that. There could be much more to the story than we know.

I am not saying he has a heart condition nor saying that it's not just a way to get out of work for a while, but merely suggesting a man of his physique, who's job involves excessive training and travel, should not dismiss "tingly arms" as nothing important.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who has noticed that the decline of this forum has had a direct correlation with the sudden increase in posts by rovert in the last few months.

There, I said it.

Yeah it has nothing to do with the consistant snipping by you and others dragging thread after thread off-topic.

*Predication* Someone will accuse me of doing such and such on a CONSISTANT basis with specific example. Ill ask for proof, I won’t get any. Then more people will jump in with posts agreeing that I do such and such. Then either the mods will step in or Ill reason with a few posters, who'll agree and we go back to normal. Rinse repeat.

I am not saying he has a heart condition nor saying that it's not just a way to get out of work for a while, but merely suggesting a man of his physique, who's job involves excessive training and travel, should not dismiss "tingly arms" as nothing important.

I didn’t say it was nothing important, relative to the injury he has it kind of is. It is a common symptom of a neck injury (which is the topic of the thread not heart conditions btw.) Yes, tingly arms crosses over to different medical diagnoses, I never said it didn’t. I wish you were as clinical in analyzing my full post (a simple joke) as you are on this particular point.

Can we return to topic now, please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Does Cena have any films coming up again? I remember when he was doing the Marine he got knifed didnt he?

This was a joke?!
    I dont usually post members only content but this is a big story. Remember Austin had the same problems?

And returning to the original topic... would be reurning to his injury, no? Seeing as the title is John Cena Injured. So, surely when I assesed the the complaint in terms of what the injury could be potentially, I never actually went off topic...

Hmmmm...

kearnsr wrote: »
    Does Cena have any films coming up again? I remember when he was doing the Marine he got knifed didnt he?

NO ONE NEEDS 12-15 MONTHS TO FILM A FILM!!!

12 Rounds with him was filmed earlier this year.

This was a joke?!

Of course it isnt those are my real thoughts at the time on the matter. You know that stop being so difficult here.

And returning to the original topic... would be reurning to his injury, no? Seeing as the title is John Cena Injured. So, surely when I assesed the the complaint in terms of what the injury could be potentially, I never actually went off topic...

I meant instead of over analysing a simple joke I made, lets just talk about Cena's injury directly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

NO ONE NEEDS 12-15 MONTHS TO FILM A FILM!!!

12 Rounds with him was filmed earlier this year.

Take it easy there buddy

kearnsr wrote: »
    Take it easy there buddy

Sorry

My crackpot theory has really taken off on these boards, I cant handle the pressure. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Listen Rovert I think you are a good poster :eek: but some people dislike you because you are to serious in what you post.You haven't been the cause of the downfall of this forum but you haven't helped it.

I resign from posting here until this forum gets fresh and entertaining imput,like others have ;);)

Ok, you're making no sense whasoever, so I'll leave it.

You asked to return to the OP and topic and then you accuse me of being difficult when I do. You stated it was a joke, but as far as I can understand from your last post, you didn't initially mean this at the time. :confused:

I don't come to this board to be difficult. I come here to read about Pro-Wrestling and add what I feel myself. There are some stellar people on this forum, I think the Draft-Spectacular highlighted what a rational and nice crowd this forum attracts.

If someone is going to call people idiots for not understanding his sense of humour and replies in a snotty manner however, they should be prepared to be challenged. It's not game-ball. You could have easily have explained the situation, accepting you made a balls up, but you didn't. It got dragged out and pointless. I don't even feel I should have replied as much as I did now.

I don't like your tone and I never have. You demean people unnecessarily when a simple word would be easier to post. You disect people's posts word for word without construviely producing anything. It turns a lot of people off posting here I feel. And if you're going to get so antsy about certain posters, for the love of God, please explain yourself better than one-liners which are practically feckin' cryptic. We can all sit back and write what we understand ourselves in less that ten words.

I'm sorry I dragged this off-topic, but it had to be said I feel. It appears I'm not the only person who feels this way about you either.

*I do not wished to be banned from this forum for many reasons. I will gladly edit this post if necessary.

Listen Rovert I think you are a good poster :eek: but some people dislike you because you are to serious in what you post

Look at the meltdown in this thread when Im not serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Cena is supposed to be lined up for film work with WWE, its prob just a storyline so it gives him time off to film.

he already did the filming in april and may and missed house shows and a few raws because of it

as far as storyline goes, the wwe would have milked it for all it was worth if it wasn't legit ala earthquake and hogan in 1990 when hogan went off to film suburban commando and then when he returned 4 months later an angle was already in place, i see nothing like this here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rossie1977 wrote: »
    he already did the filming in april and may and missed house shows and a few raws because of it

as far as storyline goes, the wwe would have milked it for all it was worth if it wasn't legit ala earthquake and hogan in 1990 when hogan went off to film suburban commando and then when he returned 4 months later an angle was already in place, i see nothing like this here

Other than the fact that he'll probably get a bigger build up for return than HHH did both times he was out.

We WILL make him stronger
    We WILL make him faster
    We WILL make him ditch his Reeboks
    We WILL give him more moves
    We WILL make him even more marketable to even more chain gang kiddies!
    We WILL make him not suck!

Trust me, it'll get over!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Listen Rovert I think you are a good poster :eek: but some people dislike you because you are to serious in what you post.You haven't been the cause of the downfall of this forum but you haven't helped it.

I resign from posting here until this forum gets fresh and entertaining imput,like others have ;);)

Ah..the thoughts of a 15 year old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

by the time he comes back the cena fans will be fully fledged cm punk fans

80s stuff won't get over either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rossie1977 wrote: »
    80s stuff won't get over either :D

It gets over faster than CP Munk does. Don't believe me, seen Cena's last shirt? The Nintendo ripoff? ;)

VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement