Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JOHN CENA INJURED NO JOKE! FOR REALS, SWEAR (Raw Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It gets over faster than CP Munk does. Don't believe me, seen Cena's last shirt? The Nintendo ripoff? ;)

VR!

i stand corrected :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Why is everybody getting worked up? Just post some waffle and quote yourself and you will win the arguement simple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rinse repeat...
    mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Ok, you're making no sense whasoever, so I'll leave it..

I am.
    You asked to return to the OP and topic and then you accuse me of being difficult when I do.

I didn’t ask to return OP firstly I said look at my original post as it was the one which was a) serious b) set the topic for discussion c) as proof I didn’t actually mean my jokey post.
    You stated it was a joke, but as far as I can understand from your last post, you didn't initially mean this at the time. :confused:.

I never said my original post was a joke quiet the opposite merely proof what I said in my jokey post was in fact a JOKE (i.e. not my real thoughts on the subject.)
    There are some stellar people on this forum

I agree totally, if a tad hyper sensitive.
    If someone is going to call people idiots for not understanding his sense of humour and replies in a snotty manner however, they should be prepared to be challenged. It's not game-ball. You could have easily have explained the situation, accepting you made a balls up, but you didn't.

I didnt call people idiots just dumb, an assessment I don’t make lightly. Ill keep repeating myself shall I? I made a post stating I was starting something and I ended it with the line "Remember where you heard it first" which is a widely used line when referring to a bull**** stories. How can that be taken as my serious thoughts when above it I set the actual topic myself with my own actual thoughts (which you replied to and in turn I acknowledged?) I felt my post didn’t needed explanation, so I opted to repost it with some (not all) oblivious tells bolded. It didnt warrant an explaination it was only a joke.
    If I don't like your tone and I never have. You demean people unnecessarily when a simple word would be easier to post.

In general I disagree with your opinion. People are more often ruder to me than I am them.
    You disect people's posts word for word without construviely producing anything..
    Sorry come again, your point here is a bit contradictory also care to give examples of threads? I always try to add constructive points to threads. Out everything posted in this thread about me what you've just said bothers me the most. I answer a lot of peoples questions you don’t need to go far (this thread) to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

rovert wrote: »
    What part of this in particular didn’t you understand?
    "remember where you heard it first" means nothing to me.
    Not to mention my dismissing of Cena's serious condition (which I originally posted about) as "tingly arms."
    But I know nothing of Cena's condition. To a great extent I was relying on you (the OP) as the source of information on Cena's condition. Then when you combine how flippant you were re his condition with other remarks claiming this story to be fake, I think I can be excused for being a bit confused.
    At what point do you not take what I said in one post seriously and say "hold on a minute, I think he might be joking?"
    Actually, from the beginning I thought you might be joking, given your overuse of exclaimation marks in the title. But I wasn't sure either way. This wasn't helped by your unclear posts further down the thread.

"remember where you heard it first" means nothing to me.

Fair enough, you should probably watch or read more satire then. It and variations of the phrase are very common.
    But I know nothing of Cena's condition. To a great extent I was relying on you (the OP) as the source of information on Cena's condition. Then when you combine how flippant you were re his condition with other remarks claiming this story to be fake, I think I can be excused for being a bit confused.

What other remarks did I make outside of post #3?
    Actually, from the beginning I thought you might be joking, given your overuse of exclamation marks in the title. But I wasn't sure either way. This wasn't helped by your unclear posts further down the thread.

To quote my original post
    this is a big story
    So hang on.

You got snotty with me in one of my first posts in this forum when I said that wrestlers get ample time off due to 'injuries' etc. You claimed they were one of the hardest working entertainers around.

By the way, again please explain this and quote me on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Yeah it has nothing to do with the consistant snipping by you and others dragging thread after thread off-topic.

*Predication* Someone will accuse me of doing such and such on a CONSISTANT basis with specific example. Ill ask for proof, I won’t get any. Then more people will jump in with posts agreeing that I do such and such. Then either the mods will step in or Ill reason with a few posters, who'll agree and we go back to normal. Rinse repeat.
    Stopped reading here.
    Wow that was rude
    Nah it is not. It is a fair indicator that the person doesnt know what he is talking about.
    Well still kind of unfair to totally bury him like that?
    Constructive criticism might have been a bit better dude
    Right, ta
    :confused:

Bad prediction man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Can we get back on topic now please?

Funnily enough I knew what rovert meant when I read it last night. If you don't understand one simple point then there's no need to go after someone so much. There's plenty of posters who do it but rovert's the only one who ever seems to get jumped on for it. And rovert, you could have cleared it up a bit quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I really hope to god that cena isnt out in the sense that this has cut his career short, because as much as i dislike him, i actually felt bad when i heard about its seriousness.

He does a lot for the biz, he has been a face of the company that has been untouched since the days of hogan.
    And i mean that in the way that how much air time he got media wise outside the wwe universe.

So here's to you Mr. Cena, and dam i do hope he gets better.

:confused:

Ill more this over to that thread
    :Bad prediction man:

No it aint:
    Fozzy wrote: »
    Can we get back on topic now please?

Funnily enough I knew what rovert meant when I read it last night. If you don't understand one simple point then there's no need to go after someone so much. There's plenty of posters who do it but rovert's the only one who ever seems to get jumped on for it. And rovert, you could have cleared it up a bit quicker

Fozzy, I will in the future. I' ll try not to accredit the board with having more common sense than seemingly than it actually does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'll put my hands up and say that I too was confused by rovert's post, hence my original post in this thread. But **** it its only the internet lads, even if rovert could have been clearer, does it really matter?

Remember you heard it here first.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GMoneyV1

Is John Cena injured?
    Well you would not know it by the state of this thread.

GMoneyV1 wrote: »
    Is John Cena injured?
    Well you would not know it by the state of this thread.

Tell me about it when I started this thread I didnt know it was going to turn out this way. I tried to steer this topic back on topic but people continuely post messages about not about Cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GMoneyV1

Seriously is john cena injured??

If this isnt trolling behaviour I dont know what is, this question has been answer indirectly and directly numerous time. I do also recognise that this post is made in jest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I just clicked on 3 threads and they're basically all the same. This place lately (aside from the draft) has deteriorated pretty badly and has been a lot less fun a place to discuss wrestling in my opinion.

Sorry to be going off topic but I just wanted to say something because having been on this board for quite a while now, it's a little sad to watch it go the way its going.

• Advertisement

I just clicked on 3 threads and they're basically all the same. This place lately (aside from the draft) has deteriorated pretty badly and has been a lot less fun a place to discuss wrestling in my opinion.

Sorry to be going off topic but I just wanted to say something because having been on this board for quite a while now, it's a little sad to watch it go the way its going.

I agree there is no need a joke good, bad, indifferent to take up so many pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I just clicked on 3 threads and they're basically all the same. This place lately (aside from the draft) has deteriorated pretty badly and has been a lot less fun a place to discuss wrestling in my opinion.Sorry to be going off topic but I just wanted to say something because having been on this board for quite a while now, it's a little sad to watch it go the way its going.

This is also why I don't post more often.
    And i know Fozzy, you're being diplomatic and you feel Rovert is sometimes jumped upon,but coming from someone who doesn't know any of you, but visits often, it's clear that he does provoke it alot of the time.

On topic, That does suck a little for Cena, though it definitely make more interesting, where they will go next, and what shape the Main Events will take for the big PPVs heading into next year and towards Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

this could get me a ban but,..Stop being a prick you troll this isnt even funny get a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

completely agree!!Thats the reasons why I haven't posted much in the pro-wrestling forum in the last couple of months.Pointless threads and constant e-bitching has taken over this forum.To be honest,it only really started when a particular member started posting here.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    this could get me a ban

He was right

I had a problem with Rovert before. It was when i was talking about WWE Anthology II coming out, i made a list of music i'd like to see on it, he said i should pick songs that weren't on the first one. None of my songs onthe list were on the fist CD, so he was wrong. However, after a little back and forth arguing, i realised that he doesn't like to admit that he's wrong, when he is.

You know what i did? I stopped arguing with him.

It doesn't do anyone any good. And whenever i sense an argument with him starting, i just stop replying to him in a thread.

I haven't had a problem since. :)

As for Cena, i just read all through the thread, and the story went from being real, to fake, to real to fake and now its back to being real again, so..

1. If its fake, i wonder what they're doing? they should have let Kane inure him, to make him seem more of a threat heading into the scramble (as he's only been talking about Rey as of late) and it could do him wonders.

2. If its real, they should have set up something backstage where we find him unconscious, and we could have a 'whodunnit' angle. Its silly to say it was Batista, when, (i believe) Cena wrestled on the RAW after his match with Batista.

Other notes:
    ec18 wrote: »
    +1

I like your blog (sig).

He was right

Didn't really seem ban-worthy to me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I had a problem with Rovert before. It was when i was talking about WWE Anthology II coming out, i made a list of music i'd like to see on it, he said i should pick songs that weren't on the first one. None of my songs onthe list were on the fist CD, so he was wrong. However, after a little back and forth arguing, i realised that he doesn't like to admit that he's wrong, when he is.

You know what i did? I stopped arguing with him.

It doesn't do anyone any good. And whenever i sense an argument with him starting, i just stop replying to him in a thread.

I haven't had a problem since. :)

As for Cena, i just read all through the thread, and the story went from being real, to fake, to real to fake and now its back to being real again, so..

1. If its fake, i wonder what they're doing? they should have let Kane inure him, to make him seem more of a threat heading into the scramble (as he's only been talking about Rey as of late) and it could do him wonders.

2. If its real, they should have set up something backstage where we find him unconscious, and we could have a 'whodunnit' angle. Its silly to say it was Batista, when, (i believe) Cena wrestled on the RAW after his match with Batista.

Other notes:

I like your blog (sig).

Didn't really seem ban-worthy to me :(

Ya sure that wasn't meant for feedback?

Minto wrote: »
    Ya sure that wasn't meant for feedback?

What do you mean?
    :confused::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Fozzy has started a thread in Feedback to discuss the rovert issue.

Can you link me :o

Thank you.

I rarely venture outside of the Pro-Rasslin' board, so I'm not very familiar with the rest of the place.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I was expecting 6 pages of interesting conversation on Cena's injury maybe even some discussion on what direction the WWE would take with it....anyhoo....

My take on it. Hope he makes a full recovery from the injury. Like him or loathe him, he is probably the biggest name in Pro Wrestling at the moment. He has had some entertaining fueds and matches over the last couple of years and hopefully if and when he does come back, I hope they continue.

As for the direction that the WWE goes now, especially in relation to the Championship Scramble match at Unforgiven
    What is the point of putting Rey Mysterio in it. Surely if they are building the whole is he Alive or Dead thing with Kane it can mean only two things. He either won't show and it'll be a 4 man scramble instead or he will show and will kill any kind of heat that Kane has been building up.

I do guess it means that Randy isn't ready to return even if the 'bike accident' is fake. Surely if he was ready this would be an ideal time to return even as mystery entrant...although this is the WWE we are talking about

I John Cena was the type to think selfishly about his w/l record, this injury might actually be a good thing. He was being pushed further and further down the card (yeah, he was in a championship match, but so is Shelton Benjamin and Brian Kendrick) and with the return of Rey Rey, could well have found himself as fifth face below Batista, Punk, Michaels and Mysterio. Now when he comes back, he'll have missed out on his rotation period on the undercard, and WWE will surely have to push him upon his return.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else think that his recent run of losses could have been booked in the knowledge that he was going to be absent for a long period of time? It's far less of a loss to lose Cena now than it would have been a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Does anyone else think that his recent run of losses could have been booked in the knowledge that he was going to be absent for a long period of time? It's far less of a loss to lose Cena now than it would have been a few months back.

I would think that might be possible in relation to the Batista match with the apparently hasty booking of a "WrestleMania" Match, but I'd be very surprised if it went back much further. If they knew he was injured I can't see them risking such a prized asset in a New York Parking Lot Brawl with JBL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Latest news:
    www.wrestlingobserver.com

-- In great news for WWE, John Cena's surgery was a success today and the new prognosis is that he'll be able to return within two to four months. He didn't require fusion surgery, they just removed a fragment from his spinal cord that was blocking a nerve. Dr. Joseph Maroon told WWE.com that he was very positive about how the hour and a half operation went.

I hope to God he doesn't rush his return. He set a very dangerous precedent following his shoulder injury. A completely different injury and situation, I know, but still..
    I really, really doubt it.

I hope to God he doesn't rush his return. He set a very dangerous precedent following his shoulder injury. A completely different injury and situation, I know, but still..

I really, really doubt it.

I agreed WWE doesnt **** around when it comes to neck injures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

WWE.com is saying he attended the Smackdown tapings just a few hours after his surgery. IF that is the case then he is one tough bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    WWE.com is saying he attended the Smackdown tapings just a few hours after his surgery. IF that is the case then he is one tough bastard.

Or a stupid bastard depending on how you look at it, Anyone with a brain would rest up for a bit after having major surgery.

Of course, WWE.com isn't exactly the most reliable source lately, is it? ;)
    VR!

Or a stupid bastard depending on how you look at it, Anyone with a brain would rest up for a bit after having major surgery.

You could be risking paralysis doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

MikeHoncho wrote: »

I'm not to sure about credibility of other sites, but wrestleview said this:
    Dr. Maroon had the following to say about the surgery procedure:

"We performed a micro surgical removal of a large disk fragment compression on the spinal cord which was weakening the nerve leading to the right arm. We created a small incision in the front of the neck using an operating microscope to remove the fragment from the spinal cord and nerve. The operation took approximately an hour and a half. We performed this same procedure on three all pro NFL players; and all three resumed their football career."

From that I can see no reason why he wouldn't be up and about. I'm not saying he shouldn't rest, but he would've had only a small dose of anaesthesia and it wouldn't have left any wound of note, other than where the scope was inserted. Scopes are fitted with - for want of a better word - little claws that can cut, tear and pull. They would have literally just pulled out, or snipped away at the offending disk fragment.

It sounds like a fairly simple proceedure, but granted in an area where complications could be very sinister. I can't imagine he would have been given medical clearance to wrestle, but I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be allowed on mic to give his farewells.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

He should take his time recovering before he returns

I will miss him from RAW

JP Liz wrote: »
    He should take his time recovering before he returns

WWE is well aware of the mistakes they made with Kurt Angle. WWE prefers their talent to go to the best sports surgeons and take as much time to heal when in comes to neck or back injurys.

I haven't read the specifics, but if it was the sort of surgery where chipped bone is cleaned up and nerves are freed up, then guys like Brooklyn Brawler, Kurt Angle and Scott Hall were lifting weights within a day of that surgery. So it wouldn't be like it's Superhuman Cena who's the only one who can recover from the surgery that fast

I haven't read the specifics, but if it was the sort of surgery where chipped bone is cleaned up and nerves are freed up, then guys like Brooklyn Brawler, Kurt Angle and Scott Hall were lifting weights within a day of that surgery.

When you say that it depends what you mean by recover when mention Hall and Angle. They suffered complcations due to the surgery and the surgeon (Dr. Jho who operated on them has been sued for malpractice prior and after Halls and Angle surgerys too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

take your time john, no rush getting back on tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

It was a Herniated Disc (Slipped Disc), as far as I can work out. Doesn't even need surgery most the time, but in severe cases it is recommended. Infact, surgery is usually only considered when there is siatica (numbness) or persistent pain for over 4-6 weeks. Guess if your job is your body though, you don't wait around!

The surgery would most likely be discectomy, with the most common risks being damaging the nerve roots or spinal structures during surgery. You'd imagine this wouldn't realy be liekly due to the money they have to spend on surgeons at the WWE! He should be back by January by the very latest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sad to hear as Cena was really starting to grow on me. So he might be back in 2-4 months? I wouldn't be surprised if we get a repeat of this years RR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This is probably off topic so feel free to delete the post Fozzy but I missed out on the feedback thread before it was locked and I don't think starting a new thread would do anything more than stir more ****.

For me, the real problem with Rovert is that he knows much more than your average poster on this forum. Vince and Fozzy are the only ones who can match his knowledge but they aren't the ones he argues with, he argues with the people who clearly don't put as much time into it as him. He just beats them down with facts instead of trying to enlighten them and change their opinions for the better, like Vince does in a ridiculously polite and accomodating way. He constantly looks for fights only to plead innocence.

However, as Bombidol pointed out on the feedback thread, the other posters gang up on him all the time. Whenever one of them gets attacked by Rovert they all rush in on posts, mocking his old posting style (which Rovert has changed, He hasn't posted a one word answer in ages) and copying it. They are just as bad as him without offering nearly as much in terms of well formed and written opinion or solid information. At this stage, they have gone above and beyond what Rovert ever did. Sure even VR of all people was more or less taunting him in his sig.

I like Rovert and since he's come here I've learnt a lot more which is one of the main reasons I use this board but I do think there's a strong case for a mod, if only to get one who doesn't side with Rovert as often as Fozzy. I have no interest as I don't think I'd offer anything on this forum and have virtually no experience as a mod and if I were in charge I'd look no further than Vince. If you wanted someone with experience Orestes is a reasonable man who mods a busy forum and dealt admirable with a fairly massive mod situation recently (Spider).

For the record, hope Cena gets back on TV ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

he'll be back burying tag champs in no time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bubs101 wrote: »
    This is probably off topic so feel free to delete the post Fozzy but I missed out on the feedback thread before it was locked and I don't think starting a new thread would do anything more than stir more ****.

For me, the real problem with Rovert is that he knows much more than your average poster on this forum. Vince and Fozzy are the only ones who can match his knowledge but they aren't the ones he argues with, he argues with the people who clearly don't put as much time into it as him. He just beats them down with facts instead of trying to enlighten them and change their opinions for the better, like Vince does in a ridiculously polite and accomodating way. He constantly looks for fights only to plead innocence.

However, as Bombidol pointed out on the feedback thread, the other posters gang up on him all the time. Whenever one of them gets attacked by Rovert they all rush in on posts, mocking his old posting style (which Rovert has changed, He hasn't posted a one word answer in ages) and copying it. They are just as bad as him without offering nearly as much in terms of well formed and written opinion or solid information. At this stage, they have gone above and beyond what Rovert ever did. Sure even VR of all people was more or less taunting him in his sig.

I like Rovert and since he's come here I've learnt a lot more which is one of the main reasons I use this board but I do think there's a strong case for a mod, if only to get one who doesn't side with Rovert as often as Fozzy. I have no interest as I don't think I'd offer anything on this forum and have virtually no experience as a mod and if I were in charge I'd look no further than Vince. If you wanted someone with experience Orestes is a reasonable man who mods a busy forum and dealt admirable with a fairly massive mod situation recently (Spider).

For the record, hope Cena gets back on TV ASAP

I missed the feedback thread too and I just want to say one quick thing; I respect the hell out of the guy for his knowledge and I'll admit that 9/10 times I argued with him he was in the right. He just has a knack for rubbing people up the wrong way, that's all.

Great. We've all had a good nice vent. Now lets never talk about this again, k?

What is the low down on Rey Rey's condition? He wrestled briefly against Santino after the draft, but surely the reason he has been kept off TV was because he wasn't fully fit? I doubt they'd keep him off purely for the sake of a storyline with Kane that they seem so willing to blow by bringing Mysterio back for the scramble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement