Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JOHN CENA INJURED NO JOKE! FOR REALS, SWEAR (Raw Spoilers)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

DRakE wrote: »
    he'll be back burying tag champs in no time!

I wonder if he'll be FUing both of them at at same time anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Rey will returnas the dark knight or some sort of twisted persona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Great. We've all had a good nice vent. Now lets never talk about this again, k?

What is the low down on Rey Rey's condition? He wrestled briefly against Santino after the draft, but surely the reason he has been kept off TV was because he wasn't fully fit? I doubt they'd keep him off purely for the sake of a storyline with Kane that they seem so willing to blow by bringing Mysterio back for the scramble.

Well we don't know how the storyline is going to pan out yet, I wouldn't necessarily say just yet that they are dropping the Kane/ Mysterio feud. After all, Batista did fight Kane in a grudge match this week on Raw all over Rey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Well we don't know how the storyline is going to pan out yet, I wouldn't necessarily say just yet that they are dropping the Kane/ Mysterio feud. After all, Batista did fight Kane in a grudge match this week on Raw all over Rey.
    I'm not saying they'll drop it, but they've had to change their plans. Whether Mysterio returns looking for vengence or as some sort of menally scarred character, I doubt WWE wanted to use the scramble as the medium for his return. It essentially diminishes the storyline by mixing it up with several others.

What is the low down on Rey Rey's condition? He wrestled briefly against Santino after the draft, but surely the reason he has been kept off TV was because he wasn't fully fit? I doubt they'd keep him off purely for the sake of a storyline with Kane that they seem so willing to blow by bringing Mysterio back for the scramble.

He was coming off an injury and negotiating his contact. He was only given clearance by his doctor to work out a week ago. Word on the street his that he is out of shape currently. In regards to his contract, him and WWE were at odds over terms as Rey wanted a bigger contract as he is a star (a TV ratings draw and merchandise machine.) While WWE does agree about Rey's assessment of himself they doubt whether he can wrestle a regular schedule without getting injured. WWE don’t want to be paying someone big money if they are out six months at a time. They came to terms just before Kane revealed Rey mask on Raw.

W
      After all, Batista did fight Kane in a grudge match this week on Raw all over Rey.

Yeah the really look like they were going to kill one another with the mat wrestling they did. ;)

I'm not saying they'll drop it, but they've had to change their plans. Whether Mysterio returns looking for vengence or as some sort of menally scarred character, I doubt WWE wanted to use the scramble as the medium for his return. It essentially diminishes the storyline by mixing it up with several others.

True, I wouldn't be surprised though if they "have a no show" from Mysterio for the scramble. Either that or he'll return before Unforgiven, which is when btw?

EdK wrote: »
    Rey will returnas the dark knight or some sort of twisted persona

PROOF? :P

(Why so serious?)

Rey is a kids character. Anyway Smackodwn is ripping off Dark Knight at the moment.

rovert wrote: »
    Yeah the really look like they were going to kill one another with the mat wrestling they did. ;)

Ha ha yeah, I was actually discussing that with someone on a different forum. They should have been kicking the crap out of each other, bloody brawling, instead they actually try to put on a wrasslin' match. The match and the build up did not gel.

True, I wouldn't be surprised though if they "have a no show" from Mysterio for the scramble. Either that or he'll return before Unforgiven, which is when btw?

True, with three scrmable matches there is only so many different storys you can tell. Raw seems to be the screwy creative brand at the moment.

• Advertisement

Ha ha yeah, I was actually discussing that with someone on a different forum. They should have been kicking the crap out of each other, bloody brawling, instead they actually try to put on a wrasslin' match. The match and the build up did not gel.

Batista and Kane always have had the worst chemistry together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thanks for the update on rey, i was actually just about to ask that. :D

But:
    PROOF? :P
    Anyway Smackodwn is ripping off Dark Knight at the moment.

How do you mean?

True, with three scrmable matches there is only so many different storys you can tell. Raw seems to be the screwy creative brand at the moment.

Indeed, but I do think SD are very ambitious with their match, great to see them throwing the likes of Kendrick and Benjamin a chance to really step up. And as far as ECW goes, no Morrison, which is a bit of a let down.
    Batista and Kane always have had the worst chemistry together.

Two wrestlers that just don't compliment each other's style. I thought Cena was on course to win this match, but now I think it's between JBL and Batista.

Thanks for the update on rey, i was actually just about to ask that. :D

But:

How do you mean?

Seriously :eek:

Have you not been following the Edge/Taker feud. For example look at Edge's facial expressions during his Summerslam match and tell me he hasnt since The Joker in Dark Knight?

Have you not been following the Edge/Taker feud. For example look at Edge's facial expressions during his Summerslam match and tell me he hasnt since The Joker in Dark Knight?

Now that you mention it, in the promo video for their match at SS, I thought the music at the start was similar to one of the themes in TDK. You know like at the start of the promo video where Vicki is telling Edge she reinstated Taker blah blah blah, the thumping music it reminded me of TDK:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Pity 'Taker didn't have his bike. He coula been Batman! :D

But I hope Edge is gonna carry that kind of behaviour on consistently on his return. It was alright in context of the match, but it was a tad OTT - He's no Heath Ledger, let's be honest.

With regards to Cena being out, personally I though the RAW scramble was only going to end up with Cena or Punk with the belt. With them two feuding for it for a period. I've no idea how it's going to pan out now. Anyone care to make a prediction?

mehfesto2 wrote: »

But I hope Edge is gonna carry that kind of behaviour on consistently on his return. It was alright in context of the match, but it was a tad OTT - He's no Heath Ledger, let's be honest.

When it comes Wrestling though, Edge has been pretty much peerless recently.

Well yeah, but i would not have really came to that conclusion.
    Good observation, but poses me with so many questions, like who is two face? :p

Wait, vickie! metaphorically of course.

With regards to Cena being out, personally I though the RAW scramble was only going to end up with Cena or Punk with the belt. With them two feuding for it for a period. I've no idea how it's going to pan out now. Anyone care to make a prediction?

I had always thought it would play out that way too,
    Have cena and punk fighting over it after the fallout.

But now, well i just have no idea.

It cant be rey or JBL.
    Rey because to have him as a "two time" champ wouldnt work, especially the way that kane wont be in the title picture legit for a while.
    And JBL, mainly because this has to be his final onslaught on the title.

I think Batista will win and probably turn heel. He'll feud with Punk for a few months and then Cena will probably come back, win the rumble and sets up a match for WM25.

Either that or he stays face and feuds with Orton if he's back I don't know!:pac:

• Advertisement

Well yeah, but i would not have really came to that conclusion.

The F4W boards went crazy with man love for Edge when he did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Two wrestlers that just don't compliment each other's style.
    Tell that to Batista. He seems to think they have great chemistry.

The F4W boards went crazy with man love for Edge when he did it.

Unfortunately we dont get that sort of enthusiasm here.
    :o

Just out of curiosity and slightly off topic, does it cost anything to join that forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Just out of curiosity and slightly off topic, does it cost anything to join that forum?

www.f4wonline.com All the details are there.

Unfortunately we dont get that sort of enthusiasm here.

Yeah lot of psychology students or friends of psychology students all raved about Edges performance in that match.

They frown on nOObs over there so I’d post with caution if you decide to join, seriously. Otherwise the board is fine as long as your name isn’t Bryan Alverez.

www.f4wonline.com All the details are there.

I knew the website address thanks, but to save me from go there i just wanted to know that one thing.

On the other hand, this was very helpful:
    They frown on nOObs over there so I’d post with caution if you decide to join, seriously. Otherwise the board is fine as long as your name isn’t Bryan Alverez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I knew the website address thanks, but to save me from go there i just wanted to know that one thing.

I thought I was being helpful. If you clicked the link I'm sure the price would have been very visible and all that you get with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I've been very tempted to join for a couple of months now if only for the podcasts which are brilliant. Say it'll be a matter of weeks before I bite the bullet

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I've been very tempted to join for a couple of months now if only for the podcasts which are brilliant

The audio archive is ungodly HUGE.

Some of the Non-Bryan podcasts on the site are better than Bryan's own show are you into Japanese, Indy (Chikara, ROH etc), MMA or Classic wrestling, Bubs?

Off now to read this weeks Observer just posted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Some of the Non-Bryan podcasts on the site are better than Bryan's own show are you into Japanese, Indy (Chikara, ROH etc), MMA or Classic wrestling, Bubs?

Now THESE would interest me. theres very little decent Indy and Japan coverage out there. Even on here very few people are interested in Japan in a big way except for maybe Fozzy or Michael etc, who posts on here all to rarely for my liking.

Strictly TNA and WWE on the wrestling front, don't like the low end production and never ending finishers of ROH etc. and found Japanese wrestling to slow paced but I'm starting to get big into MMA so I'd use those ones as well

• Advertisement

Strictly TNA and WWE on the wrestling front, don't like the low end production and never ending finishers of ROH etc. and found Japanese wrestling to slow paced but I'm starting to get big into MMA so I'd use those ones as well
    Try some Dragon Gate or even better, Toryumon. Slow paced it is NOT!

flahavaj wrote: »
    Try some Dragon Gate or even better, Toryumon. Slow paced it is NOT!

Does is still have that Puro style that Kenta and Misawa use though. Not a big fan of that

Does is still have that Puro style that Kenta and Misawa use though. Not a big fan of that

Not particularly, its like more impactful, stiffer lucha on speed. Did you see the TNA World X Cup? Two of the Japanese team, Doi and Yossino are DG standouts. I you enjoyed their tag match with the MCMG, you'll LOVE Dragon Gate. A good starting point would be the 6 man exhibition tags they put on in ROH every year on Wrestlemania weekend.

There are two very good strictly MMA radio shows; one a magazine type show suitable for novices to the sport and up. The other is somone breaking down fights solo for two hours :eek: which is pretty much for the hardcores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Like many I thought Cena versus Batista was a lock for Mania, but if he misses Mania what do people expect Raw’s main event to be? Batista v Orton or would Edge or Hunter come over from SD to boost the main event?

Not particularly, its like more impactful, stiffer lucha on speed. Did you see the TNA World X Cup? Two of the Japanese team, Doi and Yossino are DG standouts. I you enjoyed their tag match with the MCMG, you'll LOVE Dragon Gate. A good starting point would be the 6 man exhibition tags they put on in ROH every year on Wrestlemania weekend.

Were they the two guys who had a gimmick like one of them was super fast and the other was super strong or something? They kicked off the whole thing if I can remember correctly. They were savge. Might check Dragon Gate out

Were they the two guys who had a gimmick like one of them was super fast and the other was super strong or something? They kicked off the whole thing if I can remember correctly. They were savge. Might check Dragon Gate out

Thats them, Yossino is the fastest wrestler I've ever seen:eek: and Doi is an animal. They used to tag as Speed Muscle in DG storylines and were the best tag team in the world there for a while, in my opinion.

Off now to read this weeks Observer just posted :pac:

According to this week's issue 20% of Raw's audience is stupid. :eek:

According to this week's issue 20% of Raw's audience is stupid. :eek:

Only 20?

• Advertisement

Only 20?

Also every one who spoke out about the Benoit murders has been cursed.
    Dave is on mad one this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Only 20?

They're just the ones who tuned into the wrong channel after being told it was on a different channel last week

I'm expecting something like WWE.com reporting that John Cena got into a severe rapping accident in December, of which there are no public records of, and then he'll return at the Rumble and headline Wrestlemania against Orton

He was coming off an injury and negotiating his contact. He was only given clearance by his doctor to work out a week ago. Word on the street his that he is out of shape currently. In regards to his contract, him and WWE were at odds over terms as Rey wanted a bigger contract as he is a star (a TV ratings draw and merchandise machine.) While WWE does agree about Rey's assessment of himself they doubt whether he can wrestle a regular schedule without getting injured. WWE don’t want to be paying someone big money if they are out six months at a time. They came to terms just before Kane revealed Rey mask on Raw.

According to the Observer Rey had a number of surgerys, the original of which he got an infection from.

Fozzy wrote: »
    They're just the ones who tuned into the wrong channel after being told it was on a different channel last week

I'm expecting something like WWE.com reporting that John Cena got into a severe rapping accident in December, of which there are no public records of, and then he'll return at the Rumble and headline Wrestlemania against Orton

I misread that as having only one "p" there for a minute.:eek:

It would be typical to have supercena return at the royal rumble, unannounced and then win it.

Wow,

Deja Vú!!
    :p

Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner, and NEW World Heavyweight Champion...

AAHI063_8x10~Randy-Orton-Posters.jpg

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i do think Orton well be back sooner then expected following his 'crash' but i don't know how they could get him into the match at this point. Unless he takes out one of the guys before the match starts and takes their place.

Tauren wrote: »
    i do think Orton well be back sooner then expected following his 'crash' but i don't know how they could get him into the match at this point. Unless he takes out one of the guys before the match starts and takes their place.

Or if Kane takes out Rey before the match...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If Kane takes Rey out before the match (possible) then there was really no point in announcing Rey for the match at all. I think Rey needs to make some sort of impact on his return. If Kane takes him out, 'again', it doesn't bring the story anywhere.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote: »
    If Kane takes Rey out before the match (possible) then there was really no point in announcing Rey for the match at all. I think Rey needs to make some sort of impact on his return. If Kane takes him out, 'again', it doesn't bring the story anywhere.

Yeah, but since when have WWE ever made sense?:pac:

Really though; I don't know what Kane did to rey, but i believe he never physically hurt him. Just mentally (somehow). He said rey's fine, but his spirit is dead. Maybe Kane will see rey at the PPV, get annoyed, and decide to physically hurt him.

Alternatively, orton could spot a saddened, hurt, rey backstage, lay in with a chair, take his spot, come out last and take the belt.

I dont know how they'll do it, but i can just smell orton coming into it somehow...

I dont think rey is fit to wrestle either, therefore i don't see him being in the match. But im not 100% sure of his physical condition.

Advertisement