Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JOHN CENA INJURED NO JOKE! FOR REALS, SWEAR (Raw Spoilers)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I dont think rey is fit to wrestle either, therefore i don't see him being in the match. But im not 100% sure of his physical condition.

I'd put money on Rey being the last guy in. He'll only have to wrestle for five minutes and it will build up his return that little bit more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'd put money on Rey being the last guy in. He'll only have to wrestle for five minutes and it will build up his return that little bit more

After Kane at least too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

flahavaj wrote: »
    I misread that as having only one "p" there for a minute.:eek:
    +1

Fozzy wrote: »

To be honest, i think it would do him no favours.

Coming in last to a match, with a bunch of tired guys who've been wrestling for up to 15 minutes before Rey even enters the ring? And losing the match?

If i were sorting it out, and Rey had to be involved, I'd have him come out last, and have Kane put a stop to him on the way to the ring, and the two of them fight off backstage. Kane starts getting the upper hand.

Batista would be the champ, but see his little friend getting a beating on the Titantron, run out to help him, get counted out, lose the belt (which would go back to Punk, who would win by default i believe, as no one has the belt) and that way punk keeps his strap, Batista has a reason to be pissed off (at both Kane and Punk, Kane for costing him the match and Punk because he knows he can beat him). I know it doesn't really leave anything for JBL, But with Cena out of the match, He doesn't really serve a purpose anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

To be honest, i think it would do him no favours.

Coming in last to a match, with a bunch of tired guys who've been wrestling for up to 15 minutes before Rey even enters the ring? And losing the match?

If i were sorting it out, and Rey had to be involved, I'd have him come out last, and have Kane put a stop to him on the way to the ring, and the two of them fight off backstage. Kane starts getting the upper hand.

Batista would be the champ, but see his little friend getting a beating on the Titantron, run out to help him, get counted out, lose the belt (which would go back to Punk, who would win by default i believe, as no one has the belt) and that way punk keeps his strap, Batista has a reason to be pissed off (at both Kane and Punk, Kane for costing him the match and Punk because he knows he can beat him). I know it doesn't really leave anything for JBL, But with Cena out of the match, He doesn't really serve a purpose anyway.

That's a fair commentary there. I can see it happening myself.

Unless Rey's return starts with a bang and he takes Kane out before the match, turning him heel. But as Rovert stated earlier he's to big a merchandise machine as a face for him to turn face now.

Also, Do 'high-flying' wrestlers ever make good heels?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    That's a fair commentary there. I can see it happening myself.

Unless Rey's return starts with a bang and he takes Kane out before the match, turning him heel. But as Rovert stated earlier he's to big a merchandise machine as a face for him to turn face now.

Also, Do 'high-flying' wrestlers ever make good heels?

I suppose you could count HBK, but he's not a high flyer in the strictest sense.

I think you'd have a serious credibility problem, though. Rey, a 5 foot tall cruiserweight (with a broken spirit :pac:) taking out a 7 foot, 327lbs "monster"? Plus I think that Kane being took out by Rey, wouldn't turn Rey heel.

The only way i can see it making sense, is if both Rey and Batista attack Kane together, but i think that would be better suited to them to do it on RAW, as opposed to the PPV.

Still one RAW episode to go though, so everything can still be completely changed.

I guarantee that with three title matches all the same, at least one of the scrambles will end with two pins at the same time :rolleyes:

I think you'd have a serious credibility problem, though. Rey, a 5 foot tall cruiserweight (with a broken spirit :pac:) taking out a 7 foot, 327lbs "monster"? Plus I think that Kane being took out by Rey, wouldn't turn Rey heel.

Depends how he took him out. I reckon hitting him with a heavy, metal object in the dark would suffice in taking him out! Would be fairly 'heeley' thing to do too, imo. :D

Besides, he's beaten bigger than Kane before - Mark Henry being one of his title defences. Okay granted with a little help, but he's also beaten JBL, Angle/Orton etc. His size doesn't really matter, he's sorted of billed as an underdog and his popularity grants him the occasional win anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I can't ever take Reys offense seriously :(

Depends how he took him out. I reckon hitting him with a heavy, metal object in the dark would suffice in taking him out! Would be fairly 'heeley' thing to do too, imo. :D

Besides, he's beaten bigger than Kane before - Mark Henry being one of his title defences. Okay granted with a little help, but he's also beaten JBL, Angle/Orton etc. His size doesn't really matter, he's sorted of billed as an underdog and his popularity grants him the occasional win anyway!

True, but taking someone out so they can't actually compete in a match, is a lot different scenario than wrestling a guy and getting a quick win.

In order for Kane (of all people) to be realistically taken out so that he can't actually even get in the ring, would mean that Rey would have to give him a severe injury, or something at least threatening enough that he wouldn't be able to compete for one night.

I just don't see them going in that direction with it, i can't see how it would make sense. I could understand with Batista's help, Rey could do it, but alone, it seems a little too far-fetched.

But hey, if Brian Kendrick can add the word "The" to his name and suddenly be main eventing PPV's.. anything is possible.

• Advertisement

Me neither, but I'd imagine if you were a kid you'd think he's the bees-knees.
    He's all flash and 'cool'!

Only seeing KKV's edit now and he's right, there's still loadsa time for things to change!

Advertisement