Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Noticed sidewall cut in courtesy car...

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

Left car in to dealer today and got a courtesy car. In looking it over this evening I noticed a deep cut in the sidewall of the tyre and a slight scuff in the alloy. I guess I should be pissed off at being endangered but I know it's a genuine oversight - it is a 08 and the head saleman's current ride.

Now I'm gonna have to tell them - it's an accident waiting to happen. My only concern is that they'll suspect I did it!

Can't wait to get rid of the bloody car actually. I'll be driving real slow tomorrow...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pburns wrote: »
    Left car in to dealer today and got a courtesy car. In looking it over this evening I noticed a deep cut in the sidewall of the tyre and a slight scuff in the alloy. I guess I should be pissed off at being endangered but I know it's a genuine oversight - it is a 08 and the head saleman's current ride.

Now I'm gonna have to tell them - it's an accident waiting to happen. My only concern is that they'll suspect I did it!

Can't wait to get rid of the bloody car actually. I'll be driving real slow tomorrow...

Some people just turn the key and don't check things like tyres, etc. Even when the thread is worn down to the canvas they have to be told replace the tyres.

I'd still mention it to them though as it is dangerous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'd tell them ASAP and demand they send someone out to replace it.
    It's not safe and the longer you leave it, the easier it will be for them to blame you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

SteveC wrote: »
    I'd tell them ASAP and demand they send someone out to replace it.
    It's not safe and the longer you leave it, the easier it will be for them to blame you.

Totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I would be letting them know ASAP incase they did try and put the blame on you, but i'm sure if they're an established dealer they won't bat an eyelid at who's to blame

Advertisement