Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting on their licence re-newel to come through?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Been trying to get in Contact with my FO since
    the end of July, Phone calls, called into station, left
    messages, and left my forms and payment for
    my renewls in at the desk for him....so far no sign
    of any contact from the dude and no sign of my new licences.
    I also need to get my letter for my moderator re-newed as
    my local super when writing the letter of permssion specified
    the make, model and dimensions of the moderator on the letter as well as stateing the permission was only for a period of a year where it needed to be renewed. (Plain well sucks)

I understand the the Garda members get landed with the
    job on top of their own normal duties which sucks for them...

I just dont understand why they cannot assign some of the paperwork duties to the Civi contracters working in the stations. A freind of mines wife works as a Civilian Contracter doing general stuff at the local station
    shes totally stunned and the backwardness of the entire working of the stations when it comes to processing
    information/forms/paperwork and general IT day to day jobs.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

still waiting too!

local station usually post it out in late Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yup paid up and still waiting. It used to be a matter of turn up with the signed forms and money, the licenses are handed out over the counter. This year is the first year there has been a delay.

My brother lives in a much bigger (10-20 fold) town than me and his was handed to him when he paid.

Does anyone know the legal status of this. I currently have 2 out of date licenses so can I legally buy ammo (doubt it) and what if I'm stopped out shooting on the first of September which is less than a week away.

Not a happy camper about it and I don't like bashing the gardai as usually they are spot on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Go the letter, paid my renewals and had the new licenses within a week and a half :p Come live in Clare lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Got them over the counter this year when I went in to renew the little lad's passport. Last year the sergeant kinda hung on a bit till he had the bulk of the renewals in.
    We've a new skipper in the local station now. See how we fare out, the last man was very accomodating and a true gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

still waiting on my renewal form to come in the post, have been in with the civil servant who looks after the payments. She has told me that there is no record of me having a gun licence, she has advised me not to go shooting until problem resolved.
    For the past two weeks i have been trying to get in contact with the guard over the issue but he a god dam disgrace:mad::mad::mad:
    Getting to the stage now where complaint to the supt. might be necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Go the letter, paid my renewals and had the new licenses within a week and a half :p Come live in Clare lads :D

I'm from Clare :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Vegeta wrote: »
    I'm from Clare :P

In that case- happy shooting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tom Donnavan

[QUOTE=Vegeta;57040565

My brother lives in a much bigger (10-20 fold) town than me and his was handed to him when he paid.
    .[/QUOTE]

i live in a medium size town and it is always handed out when I pay. When I was paying this week 24 sept. I noticed a pile 40mm thick of unpaid ones. Was able to read some names even. I wonder how long you could leave it before they would come looking for you to pay it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

i live in a medium size town and it is always handed out when I pay. When I was paying this week 24 sept. I noticed a pile 40mm thick of unpaid ones. Was able to read some names even. I wonder how long you could leave it before they would come looking for you to pay it ?

Last year I was in a neighbours house around December and noticed a licence sitting on the dresser. When I remarked on it, his wife said the sergeant had called up that evening saying he was taking the shottie unless it was paid.

Farmers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Yup paid up and still waiting. It used to be a matter of turn up with the signed forms and money, the licenses are handed out over the counter. This year is the first year there has been a delay.

Does anyone know the legal status of this. I currently have 2 out of date licenses so can I legally buy ammo (doubt it) and what if I'm stopped out shooting on the first of September which is less than a week away.

Not a happy camper about it and I don't like bashing the gardai as usually they are spot on for me.

If you're a bit of a regular in a dealer's and they know the local situation you most likely will be able to pick up some ammo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

paid on 22nd July and got licence in post on 19th Sept, after getting reminder telling me that I would be prosecuted for holding an unlicenced firearm!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

If you end up being stopped by a Garda that knows the firearms law he could do you for being in possession of an unlicensed firearm(My Opinion)

I spent a hour and a half with a Super on behalf of a some of our members last week and one question I asked him was in regard to a Garda signing FAC. This question was asked because the DOJ are returning Pistol FAC to firearms dealers as being invalid if not signed by a Sargent or rank above.

Sikamick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

well lads and ladies i am in mayo i went in to my fo with the money
    with the old licence and got a new licence about a WEEK beford july 31
    they were all in a big type off leger steve:)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

Seems to depend on when your local Garda sends the processed application off to Dublin.
    Had a slow one a few years ago, ended up phoning Dub' and I was assured (in no uncertain terms, he and I nearly fell out??? ) by DOJ Dublin that they post them back to Gardai within days of receipt...... it was found on a gentlemans desk ( still in Tullamore) who had forgot about it...no harm done.
    Posted mine to Tullamore a fortnight ago from the big city of Camlough (up in the north), got it back last Wednesday.
    Maybe all the helpfull ones are in the Midlands eh?
    Cheers

Seamie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Seems to depend on when your local Garda sends the processed application off to Dublin.
    Had a slow one a few years ago, ended up phoning Dub' and I was assured (in no uncertain terms, he and I nearly fell out??? ) by DOJ Dublin that they post them back to Gardai within days of receipt...... it was found on a gentlemans desk ( still in Tullamore) who had forgot about it...no harm done.
    Posted mine to Tullamore a fortnight ago from the big city of Camlough (up in the north), got it back last Wednesday.
    Maybe all the helpfull ones are in the Midlands eh?
    Cheers

Seamie

hello Seamie the gardas in the west are spot on steve:cool:

Advertisement