Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

streaming video/music/etc. from pc onto a ps3

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

hi all. i'm just trying to set up a media server to run videos through my ps3 and onto the TV. to give some background....

i'm on eircom, so i have a netopia router (i think that's the right one.) the eircom network was set up initially on a desktop pc, so that has the eircom software on it which allows you to tinker with the network. my laptop is the one with all the media on it (along with an external Hard Drive). the laptop is running vista. the ps3 connects to the network no problem. I can ping it from the laptop and it shows up, and i can play games online. It has searched for a media server and has found one. i'm using the library on WMP 11 and there is an unknown device which I'm assuming is the ps3, and i've given it the right to share my media. when i go to network and sharing center the PS3 is not showing up at all.

When I ask the Ps3 to look for the media server it does, yet then an error message comes up when i try to play things, saying that 'access to the media server is not allowed. it is possible that the system name for this ps3 system 'ps3-111' has not been registered. check the settings for the media server.' Nothing I have done has worked.

I know some of that info isn't useful and I've probably left off some things that are useful but if anyone could tell me where I'm going wrong I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just got PS3 the other day and was keen to do the streaming thing like yourself

Downloaded TVersity from here to the laptop - very user friendly interface - youtube for instructional videos and 5 mins later - Voila :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

cheers dodzy. i'll give that a look and let you know how i get on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ballyrick

hi i want to do the same as you but i cant find a software to do it for me (tversity did not work) what will we do?

Advertisement