Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LiRoi moore 1961/2008

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

Sad to hear this yesterday,a great musician in a great band.R.I.P.
    From http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/19/dave-matthews-band-saxophonist-leroi-moore-dead-at-46/

LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of the Dave Matthews Band, died suddenly in Los Angeles Tuesday afternoon after suffering complications from an ATV accident in June. Moore was 46. The June 30th accident on Moore’s farm in Charlottesville, Virginia, left him with broken ribs and a punctured lung. Moore was on the path to recovery, arriving in Los Angeles for an intensive physical rehabilitation program, but according to the DMB Website, he returned to the hospital last month due to complications. A representative for Dave Matthews Band confirmed Moore’s passing and in a statement the band indicated the musician died at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. Since Moore’s accident, DMB has continued on with their U.S. tour with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones’ saxophonist Jeff Coffin filling in. Despite Moore’s death, the band still performed Tuesday night at Los Angeles’ Staples Center, which featured a setlist that contained a number of tributes to their fallen bandmate.
    http://www.davematthewsband.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

sad, sad day, I happened to be at that show in California from the east coast. only time my friends and I could manage to get together for a trip.. and just happened to have dmb around -we never miss a tour, it was my 10th dmb show.
    I felt privledged to be there. To be there for the band that had given so much to me.. A bittersweet memory. They started right up with Bartender, and then Dave came out with the news. He assured us that there was "no other place they would rather be."
    -Hes playing for the angels now.-

Advertisement