Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive thru

Options
  • 26-08-2008 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

My kids want to know when is the MacDonald's in Carraroe opening? anybody know the date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

It's not really a McDonalds. I built it. To taunt children. It'll never open. Muhahahaha. (or to put it another way, I don't know.):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

They seem to be nearly there,they have started fitting it out inside for the last week or so,so really it shouldn't be much longer.
    I don't think there is an official opening date or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

i think they have nearly all signs up, id give it a month or so be4 its done

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

surely not that long!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ah well.....kids will have to wait:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I've heard its opening on Saturday

My manager told me it was this Thursday,don't know where he heard that though.
    I'm just looking forward to the slide out the front of it,I'm such a big child:p

bobcar61 wrote: »
    My manager told me it was this Thursday,don't know where he heard that though.
    I'm just looking forward to the slide out the front of it,I'm such a big child:p

You might be right Mark. Ocean fm are broadcasting there on Saturday.
    Lots going on there today, I saw the slide...have fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

This is bad news people.
    I like McDonalds.
    I like it very much.
    At this moment in time I could never be arsed trying to get parked etc for O'Connell street, but now, now its as easy as hell.
    I may never leave the car now. Just sleep in it and eat McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I see an ad for Supermacs on Connolly Street.
    Why would they put an ad for a Supermacs meal up in Sligo?

• Advertisement

MikeySligo wrote: »
    I see an ad for Supermacs on Connolly Street.
    Why would they put an ad for a Supermacs meal up in Sligo?

Thats a bit odd....someone said there were rumours of Supermacs coming to Sligo though.

I saw the sign for Supermacs...it's advertising the 3 for €3 deal.It did seem a bit odd that there was signs up in Sligo for it.
    It's been there now for about 2 weeks(well that was when I forst noticed it)

It's OPENNNNN:D:D

Went there after work this evening,and even though it wasn't busy they were still running round like headless chicken and they have employed Irish people but they still don't seem to understand what you ordered:(
    I ordered the Bacon Tasty Meal,I was asked if I wanted bacon with it...obviously I do.But I did get what I ordered which indeed was better than getting someone elses order.
    I will put it down to first day nerves or something along those lines.

All in all,I'm happy:D:D

Cool glad its opened, I have to take the kids tomorrow, wonder if old Ronald himself will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jesus - I'd murder a Big Mac now... not long up & there's only scabby bread & some weetabix in the cupboard.

How late does it open? I haven't got McDonalds food for a couple of years. Like Mikeysligo said, it was a nuisance to get to if you were driving. But a Drive Thru is very tempting. And a choice of KFC next door. I may be spending some quality time in Carraroe from now on:D
    I saw that Supermacs ad on Connolly Street last week. Maybe it's just a nationwide campaign? I thought they must be opening up soon when I saw it, but I haven't heard any rumours lately.

Was in there today, saw Mark (who ignored us:o)
    Asked for sprite, got given a coke. They forgot the fries as well.
    Apart from that it was OK. Not a big fan of Maccy D's.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Errr...
    magnumlady wrote: »
    Asked for sprite, got given a coke.
    They forgot the fries as well.
    Apart from that it was OK.
    Your last line combined with your previous two lines does not compute! ;)

To be frank and honest, I'd rather lick a homeless man's armpit than eat McDonalds.

Was in there today, saw Mark (who ignored us:o)

That's not a fair comment,I didn't see you in the first place so I didn't have the option of ignoring you or not but if I had seen you I'm sure I would have ignored you anyways:p
    They got my order correct today so I didn't mind and it tasted ok but I was starving so I would have eating anything

bobcar61 wrote: »
    That's not a fair comment,I didn't see you in the first place so I didn't have the option of ignoring you or not but if I had seen you I'm sure I would have ignored you anyways:p
    They got my order correct today so I didn't mind and it tasted ok but I was starving so I would have eating anything

Thats Ok, coz I ignored you in Homebase :P

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Errr...

Your last line combined with your previous two lines does not compute! ;)

To be frank and honest, I'd rather lick a homeless man's armpit than eat McDonalds.

I'd sort of be inclined to agree with you. I did it for the kids, oh the sacrifices of motherhood:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

I love McDonalds
    mcd.jpg

and when I have kids I'll take them there too
    fat_kid.jpg

and rejoice in how good it is for their little developing stomachs... http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/1486/Warning__Do_not_eat_McDonalds_Fries/

But PLEASE PLEASE don't make me think about reasons I should not eat McDonalds

http://www.mcspotlight.org/case/pretrial/factsheet.html

Cos I'm lovin it!

It's not heroin people. You eat it once in a while without becoming a hyper obese addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

yeah i tried it a few times and I'm not a addict, dont really like it though:D except the egg mc muffins which I really like but never get because I'm always too late. we make them ourself now which is better coz I can eat them when I want!

yeah i tried it a few times and I'm not a addict, dont really like it though:D except the egg mc muffins which I really like but never get because I'm always too late. we make them ourself now which is better coz I can eat them when I want!

I love them too. And I'm always too late. Muffin hoarding baxtards:D

il gatto wrote: »
    It's not heroin people. You eat it once in a while without becoming a hyper obese addict.

interestingly some would disagree

You can take heroin once in a while without becoming an addict, it takes time and increasing doses to develop an addiction.... anything is ok in moderation

Additives in their foods are also linked to hyperactivity in children

And if health isn't of concern then their deplorable environmental record surely won't be..

everyone to their own taste, enjoy the muffins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

its my dads 2nd md and we love tikeung your monay

GG66 wrote: »
    interestingly some would disagree

You can take heroin once in a while without becoming an addict, it takes time and increasing doses to develop an addiction.... anything is ok in moderation

Additives in their foods are also linked to hyperactivity in children

And if health isn't of concern then their deplorable environmental record surely won't be..

everyone to their own taste, enjoy the muffins

I will. Thank you:pac:
    McDonalds are massively successful and therefore a target for such reports. Nobody ever seems to have an axe to grind with the Four Lanterns, the happy Eater or Supermacs, which proliferate around the country. People even went to town on Green and Black when Cadbury's bought them. And hyperactivity in children can be linked to hundreds of products including plain old sugar.

il gatto wrote: »
    I will. Thank you:pac:
    McDonalds are massively successful and therefore a target for such reports. Nobody ever seems to have an axe to grind with the Four Lanterns, the happy Eater or Supermacs, which proliferate around the country. People even went to town on Green and Black when Cadbury's bought them. And hyperactivity in children can be linked to hundreds of products including plain old sugar.

Perhaps... but I think of McDonalds as an example of fast food in general so all of the above may contain equally unhealthy levels of fat, sugars, additives etc... but when a multinational corporation spends millions (billions?) specifically targeting children with their advertising I believe they have a higher degree of responsibility than, lets say the Happy Eater in reducing/removing such additives... hence they are targeted. And just because they are targeted by such reports doesn't mean those reports don't have any substance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

xbox36016 wrote: »
    its my dads 2nd md and we love tikeung your monay

That money he's ploughing into your education is clearly paying off.

Advertisement