Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive thru

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

GG66 wrote: »
    Perhaps... but I think of McDonalds as an example of fast food in general so all of the above may contain equally unhealthy levels of fat, sugars, additives etc... but when a multinational corporation spends millions (billions?) specifically targeting children with their advertising I believe they have a higher degree of responsibility than, lets say the Happy Eater in reducing/removing such additives... hence they are targeted. And just because they are targeted by such reports doesn't mean those reports don't have any substance...

Yes, but those reports are constantly "exposing" pretty much exactly what most people seem to know already, and are therefore scaremongering and pointless. There's plenty more harmful things people encounter in day to day life and nobody sees screaming headlines about them. We all know fast food is not very good for you, but having said that, we all know almost anything in moderation is fine. When even McDonalds have warnings in store about the dangers of over consumption of their food, it takes an absolute glutton or an idiot to ignore that. In that case, you can hardly fault McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

GG66 wrote: »
    interestingly some would disagree

You can take heroin once in a while without becoming an addict, it takes time and increasing doses to develop an addiction.... anything is ok in moderation

Additives in their foods are also linked to hyperactivity in children

And if health isn't of concern then their deplorable environmental record surely won't be..

everyone to their own taste, enjoy the muffins

so you tell me heroin is ok? Even in holland they never told me that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

this has gone off topic now;)

In my original post, I wondered when it might be opening - it has opened now - this thread has served its purpose - please lock it:)

I am sure debates could be started on a new thread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

It does look like things are picking up very quickly now OP. It should be open in the 4-6 weeks from now, if all goes according to plan. It seemed to start slow and with both Pizza Hut and KFC next door taking in all the customers they have greatly picked up the pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

I take that back, it has opened now. My bad as I was away in Crete on a weeks hols and missed it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Going on a rip Friday so might check it out Saturday for some Hangover food!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

snowdaze wrote: »
    this has gone off topic now;)

In my original post, I wondered when it might be opening - it has opened now - this thread has served its purpose - please lock it:)

I am sure debates could be started on a new thread:D

I'm going to leave this open so people can discuss the service they have there etc.

Please let me remind everyone that this thread is here to discuss the new drive through. If you want to discuss how unhealthy it is you can discuss that over in the Nutrition and Diet forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

takola wrote: »
    I'm going to leave this open so people can discuss the service they have there etc.

Please let me remind everyone that this thread is here to discuss the new drive through. If you want to discuss how unhealthy it is you can discuss that over in the Nutrition and Diet forum. :)

Busted :-(

Advertisement