Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can I drive car without insurance after buy it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

AlanD wrote: »
    To help you appreciate the situation better, you should understand that the purpose of insurance isn't so you won't get in trouble with the Guards, but that you are financially covered in case you have an accident and either you, your car (with comprehensive insurance), the other party or their car, get's damaged. So you don't have fork out possibly very large amounts of personal money which you possibly don't have.

Although it's a legal requirement and you will get in trouble if the guards catch you. Your primary concern should be, what happens if I have a crash while driving. And sometimes accidents happen.

I know you know not to go without insurance now, but you should appreciate the real reason why.
    Well said - not many people actually think of it from this point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Nicely put AlanD, that's exactly the point.

Advertisement