Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Oasis Single - The Shock of the Lightening.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

not too mad about that, sounds more the same from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Heard this on the radio the other day. I really like it. It's very like the last stuff they released :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dr oatker

It sounds like the lads are slowly inching back towards the heights of the first two albums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

i totally love oasis but i'm very dissapointed with shock of the lightning.
    gone are all the great guitar riffs and solos to be replaced by plodding
    chord riffs. it's got cool drums though

• Registered Users Posts: 20 iain-not-ian

I totally agree that it sounds like the early oasis stuff but i think that could be down to lack of ideas rather than a return to form. I hope i am proved wrong tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 digsy86

i like it! very 'definately maybe'.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manfist

id say your right lack of ideas rather than progression.
    bad song in my opinion , sounds like a diferant band with liam singing trying to do something that sounds like definatly maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

dantes74 wrote: »
    great solos

?????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manfist

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    ?????:rolleyes:

haha perfect reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kerrrory@gmail.

Yes Oasis living off their past i'm afraid. Things started to go down after their third album which was not great to begin with. One or two good singles there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 padcos

Falling down. One of their all time greats. Roll on Slane baby....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭NiallMH

Its a good song and the album is very good but there is no songs that in 3-4 years we'll go aw what a classic . unlike Wonderwall , Champagne Supernova etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

padcos wrote: »
    Falling down. One of their all time greats. Roll on Slane baby....

Didn't like it at first but it's a real grower. Haven't liked a lot of the later stuff but Noel still shows real originality. He just suffers from being under then spectre of those heady days, magic times of the first two albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Love it. Brilliant album imo maybe not as great as other songs produced by the band but still can't beat em

Advertisement