Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone Fancy a Used Batmobile?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

AWESOME! :D

nice millage aswell, bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

oh could you imagine what its like to drive......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

minxie1 wrote: »

At 20 feet long and 8 feet wide I would imagine like a Lotus Elise on a hot track!

I wonder what the VRT on the Batmobile would be?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

How many people do you know that have a Ferrari, a Mercedes, a Lamborghini, or a Corvette? My guess would be there is at least one of these in your neighborhood.
    Not in MY neighborhood there isn't! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN. That is what your neighbors will say when you pull into the driveway. How many people do you know that have a Ferrari, a Mercedes, a Lamborghini, or a Corvette? My guess would be there is at least one of these in your neighborhood. Now how many Batmobiles are in your neighborhood? None, because there were only a total of 5 of these cars made.

Here it is one of 5 cars that could have been in the "Batman" movie staring Micheal Keaton and Jack Nicholson. Five cars were built for the movie and this car is the number five car. Being that this car originally was owned by Warner Bros productions it is important to note that the buyer will have to sign a contract with Warner Bros. If you would like to know more about this contact me and I will give you all the details.

The car is 20 feet long and 8 feet wide. The chassis is custom built and the motor is a Chevrolet 350. There are no doors. To get in you have to be able to enter through the top where the canopy slides opens, just like in the movie. There is no title to this car and will only be sold with a bill of sale.

Batmobile 5 has been sitting in the "Batcave" for almost five years now, and it is time for another Batman enthusiast to enjoy her as much as I have. Please contact me with any questions you have. 479-236-3993.

"Could" being the operative word. Before I'd part with money for this I'd contact WB. There's no way of knowing if this is real or just a really good copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Imagine cruising in that LOL be so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd imagine it would be undriveable at anything above walking speed ...all the glassfibre will just fall off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Pfffft! It only has a cassette player in it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

'magine being picked up from school in that! You'd be the coolest kid ever!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

With only 58 miles on it, I'm sure the seller would probably also like to know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Now for the small print :eek:

"Being that this car originally was owned by Warner Bros productions it is important to note that the buyer will have to sign a contract with Warner Bros"

Would like to know what that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Probably wouldn't want to do many more miles, those tyres would be a b*stard to replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

That would be so sweet! You'd be the envy of everybody. Be a wh*ore to drive around ireland though!

Now just to get the money together!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Imagine trying to park the bloody thing??? :D

As for that air intake on the side, small children and animals better watch out.. :pac:

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

not to mention the jet yoke at the back!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Hmmm, an undrivable car that may or may not have been a Batmobile and for which you would have to sign an undisclosed contract with Warner Bros all for the low, low price of $110,000. Where's the catch?

It does look cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AJ1

Imagine the insurance on that thing:eek: - It wouldn't look the same with license plates and the tax & insurance discs on it though. It'd be a laugh bringing that to the NCT centre:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

AJ1 wrote: »
    Imagine the insurance on that thing:eek: - It wouldn't look the same with license plates and the tax & insurance discs on it though. It'd be a laugh bringing that to the NCT centre:D

I was just checking that with axa and for some reason its not on their books:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

can you imagine seeing that drive through town with a set of L plates on the back

Advertisement