Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Does It Take the Flickr Admins to Act?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I noticed this morning that another flickr user had uploaded a copyright picture of mine to their own photostream. I sent them a mail and didn't hear anything back, so I filled out the relevant form on flickr notifying them of the issue.

How long does it usually take for something like this to get resolved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Did you PM the member involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Really ??

Hmm i didn't think this would happen much, did someone mention some app that
    crawled the popular photo sites for certain photos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Tactical wrote: »
    Did you PM the member involved?

I did indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

out of interest, any chance of posting the image involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

How does someone know when one of their images has been posted somewhere without their permission, other than stumbling upon it by accident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

How long does it usually take for something like this to get resolved?

took me about 36 hours to get an abuse sorted before ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

There is a service called tineye that searches the web and uses some algorithm to match photos even if they have been edited or cropped.

For example yesterday I used it to search for matches to those new 50D photos and it came back with photos that were the same but with the 40D logo meaning someone had photoshopped the 40D photo to insert the 50D logo and leak it.

Anyway I digress into 50D envy. Some people swear by it. It is in Beta and is not 100% accurate. I've used it with images I know are used elsewhere and it doesnt come back with a hit. They are increasing the number of sites their search checks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I wish I had some photos people wanted to nick...

:(

I got an email there about an hour ago from the team, I've replied so we'll see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

It's definately a compliment, but it's also a bit cheap.
    Hope it works out for you. Terrible to think someone's getting credit for your work.

• Advertisement

decsramble wrote: »
    There is a service called tineye that searches the web and uses some algorithm to match photos even if they have been edited or cropped.

tineye as a service is usless at this point.

I wish I had some photos people wanted to nick...

:(

Hence my request to see the OP photo...

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Hence my request to see the OP photo...

Pfttt it's nothing special. I am no photographer and it's just a picture of my other half. Nothing special, no nudy even!

, no nudy even!

damn ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

sure go to your stats on Flickr and see where your hits are coming from, you'll find your photos posted all over the web on various forums and blogs

steve06 wrote: »
    sure go to your stats on Flickr and see where your hits are coming from, you'll find your photos posted all over the web on various forums and blogs

Yeah I've done that before and people have usually been decent enough just to link to the image. I had the same issue with another flickr user before but they were grand and removed the picture immediately.

Advertisement