Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why the heck is o2online.ie so slow

• 26-08-2008 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

why the heck is o2online.ie so slow - like really slow. some quality of service and customer commitment! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

why the heck is o2online.ie so slow - like really slow. some quality of service and customer commitment! :eek:

probably the demand for iphones has caught them by surprise and their web servers just cant handle the pressure they also upgraded the site around the same time as the iphone was released so maybe still some teething issuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Rob_l wrote: »
    probably the demand for iphones has caught them by surprise and their web servers just cant handle the pressure they also upgraded the site around the same time as the iphone was released so maybe still some teething issuses

for the last three years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

I've complained about it before on boards. It is terrible and always has been terrible. At least you don't get directed to error pages like you used to.

For sending online texts I use the Cabbage Desktop texter. It means you don't have to deal with that crap site!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    for the last three years?

Im only recently an 02 customer and just presumed these problems were a recent issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Donkey Kong

the performance is really bad. yesterday was terrible. why dont they just bring down the site for maintenance instead of frustrating users who like to use the 250 free sms a month. sometimes they are useless. thats my gripe on the customer commitment. o2 have gone down hill off late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I agree with donkeykong wholeheartedly as he is quite punctillious in his assumptions.

thanks for the cabbage thing. great job. everyone use it: http://cabaal.org/cabbage/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

thanks for the cabagge thing. great job. everyone use it: http://cabaal.org/cabbage/

Thanks to Sam Vimes. Great program!!! :D Both desktop and mobile Java app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

the performance is really bad. yesterday was terrible. why dont they just bring down the site for maintenance instead of frustrating users who like to use the 250 free sms a month. sometimes they are useless. thats my gripe on the customer commitment. o2 have gone down hill off late.

they do bring their website down for maintenance...at least once or twice a week!!!! :eek: which is a pain when one is trying to send texts using cabbage etc!!!!

Has anybody else noticed that the upgrade facility on the website is messed up at present also, i rang customer care and some dude told me to try again in a couple of days which was a load of help to be honest....imagine if i had been having an upgrade related emergency or something!!! not good enough in this observers opinion.

Lets all switch to meteor ....oh wait they are not much better.....vodafone it is...nope they suck aswell.....3 anybody? anybody?

• Advertisement

they are pretty useless on the upgrades. probably hoping fools are going to jump on the Jesus phone band wagon!

True dat if i wanted a phone the size of a brick i would get in my delorian and go back to 1995!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

been an O2 customer for 10 years - postpay and the best they could do me for an upgrade is a phone valued at 80euro - I would get a better one switching to pre-pay and I would get free credit...just been dang lazy!

customer loyalty has no meaning to them. its all your call usage. we need to shop around more.

customer loyalty has no meaning to them. its all your call usage. we need to shop around more.

I hear that playa. Gotta get our shop on, fo sho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

laoisfan wrote: »
    they do bring their website down for maintenance...at least once or twice a week!!!! :eek: which is a pain when one is trying to send texts using cabbage etc!!!!

Classic......

- Downloaded Cabbage via earlier link too - good stuff....... Thanks again Sam Vimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Its because they run the website off WebSphere Portal Server and it is as slow as all f**k. I know I use it for my day to day grind. Its painfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Has anybody else noticed that the upgrade facility on the website is messed up at present also, i rang customer care and some dude told me to try again in a couple of days

You think thats bad, I rang three weeks ago to check upgrades for a few "sorry sir we cannot check upgrade eligibility for the next month as we are upgrading our systems"-(I thought she made a mistake and said a few hours and she replied no not until August 28th) at which time I fleesed them for their crap service "log in to 02.ie and check" but thats no good unless they had these upgrades approved before the "upgrade of their systems". at which time the other biggest mobile providers as I was becoming more and more dissatisified with 02

i had serious crap getting an upgrade from the fu(kers. I was told - next month, then no it was not next month when I called back. Eventually I get the lowest possible upgrade for a Nokia 99 EUR, I go into an o2 store and I see the same damn phone for a new customer (who has no loyalty) for 49 EUR. WTF. I am switching at end of my next contract. Customer Commitment charter is as joke.

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    You think thats bad, I rang three weeks ago to check upgrades for a few "sorry sir we cannot check upgrade eligibility for the next month as we are upgrading our systems"-(I thought she made a mistake and said a few hours and she replied no not until August 28th) at which time I fleesed them for their crap service "log in to 02.ie and check" but thats no good unless they had these upgrades approved before the "upgrade of their systems". at which time the other biggest mobile providers as I was becoming more and more dissatisified with 02

Its really poor service alright, im originally from the north and was up in belfast visiting the brother a few weeks back and he walked into O2 in Victoria square and got himself a samsung soul for NOTHING on a contract, the same phone is over 199 euro for a new customer down here and even with a platinum upgrade its 109!!! f**cking rip off if you ask me. So sick of the cr*ppy service considering we are getting shafted on the price aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement