Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackboard Modules

Options
  • 26-08-2008 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭

What exactly does it mean that the module is a blackboard module? You know it is one when ya register. and the BB icon is beside the name. Saw it for two of my electives, and also two or three of my in subjects. Or is it just that notes are guaranteed to be up there or something totally unexciting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I think it just means that the module is on blackboard. Any of the modules I've registered in so far (excluding the electives) that have that icon beside them are up on blackboard for me. The ones that don't, aren't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Mushy wrote: »
    What exactly does it mean that the module is a blackboard module? You know it is one when ya register. and the BB icon is beside the name. Saw it for two of my electives, and also two or three of my in subjects. Or is it just that notes are guaranteed to be up there or something totally unexciting?
    It just means that the module lecturer(s) utilise BlackBoard for notes, etc. Some might use their own website, or something like moodle, instead of BB (for copyright issues) and others may just use nothing but slides.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    It just means that the module lecturer(s) utilise BlackBoard for notes, etc. Some might use their own website, or something like moodle, instead of BB (for copyright issues) and others may just use nothing but slides.

Cheers lads, thought as much. Ones not with the icon still appear on BB too, happened me last year. Roll on Sept. 8th!

Advertisement