Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Content Patch in Preparation for WOTLK

Options
  • 26-08-2008 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

No one will be surprised as this is the exact same thing that happened Pre-TBC, but here ya go -

"With the release of Wrath of the Lich King approaching, we wanted to provide you with some important information. In preparation for the expansion, we will be issuing a new content patch in the coming weeks. Much like the patch made available shortly before The Burning Crusade's release, this content patch is designed to bridge current game content with that of the expansion and will contain some exciting changes and additions.

We have outlined some of the larger features scheduled to release with the patch below:

New class spells and talents
    Stormwind Harbor
    Barbershops in capital cities
    Zeppelin towers outside of Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades
    Two brand-new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles
    Guild calendar
    Hunter pet skill revamp
    New profession: Inscription

As mentioned above, this is not a comprehensive list, just some of the major highlights. We’ll post the full patch notes as soon as they’re available. Regarding Inscription, please note that all Burning Crusade players will be able to select Inscription as one of their two professions and level up to a skill level of 375 with it. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, players who purchase and install the expansion will be able to continue leveling in Inscription and the other professions beyond 375."

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

inscription automatically to 375?! aww crap... i was looking forward to making money off people leveling it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

splinter wrote: »
    inscription automatically to 375?! aww crap... i was looking forward to making money off people leveling it :(

Eh....

It's not automatic at all,

You need to level it from 1-375,

Just means that not everyone will be fighting for the mats on the launch day for WOTLK

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

WellyJ wrote: »
    Eh....

It's not automatic at all,

You need to level it from 1-375,

Just means that not everyone will be fighting for the mats on the launch day for WOTLK
    serves me right for reading too quick :pac:

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

this is interesting. does this mean that all of the above will be usable with the patch? as in, can we start using the new arenas and stuff before wotlk comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

copeyhagen wrote: »
    this is interesting. does this mean that all of the above will be usable with the patch? as in, can we start using the new arenas and stuff before wotlk comes out.

Yep, exactly what it means,

Along with the new talents/skills,

And more than likely a free respec for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

pretty much same olde thing that happened befor TBC... seems quite intresting, when do you think they might release it?

I say they are gonna try and release stuff soon after WAR, to get people to come back to wow. ect so i say the patch could be mid/ late september maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

hmm, think i'll try to hangon till this patch hits before returning to wow.

I loved the pre tbc patch and then tbc itself before getting into the daily grind again which i have promised myself never to do again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Time to start farming herbs again. They will sell very well when inscription becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

oof may just reactivate to play with new talents in the arena O_o

Kiith wrote: »
    Time to start farming herbs again. They will sell very well when inscription becomes available.

arent the low levels of inscription using low level herbs?... might as well start farming some herbs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I can't wait for this. :) I think the couple of months before and after TBC were my favourite time in WoW.. everyone going mad in the battlegrounds with overpowered talents, and then all the new zones to explore in the expansion! Fun fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Oh my ****ing god I CAN'T WAIT!

This is going to be awesome. Need to start some uber gold grinding soon. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any indication of then this will be? The next few weeks is a bit vague for my liking. I cant wait to try battlegrounds with the new talents though. Gonna see a lot of Demon-form Warlocks running about.

And why will you need to start grinding gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ugh need to clear sunwell before it turns up or at least muru :/

Kiith wrote: »

And why will you need to start grinding gold?

have a nice amount of money going into northerned from outlands, to buy some special items, defrost mount wings once you get 77(or 78?)

some people might want to level proffesions straight away, so thyey might want to buy frostweave cloth for tailoring/FA.. ect ect

some people might want to level inscription fast so instead of grinding for the herbs buy them straigh out of AH..

Barbershop

yes gold is pretty much lost its value but i say with wrath.. there will be a lot of money sinks to get all the money generated with the dailies out

I'm going to be grinding honor mostly for the next few months.. and maybe some gold. I don't think very much else will carry over usefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think honor/arena will reset.

DapperGent wrote: »
    I think honor/arena will reset.

arena points reset, however im unsure about honor..

Honor reset didn't during the TBC change-over iirc, I'd be surprised if they did that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

will dailies still be available when WoTLK comes out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

A big wtf from me. I was updated grand for the last while. Thought id be getting a patch that was 992 MB.
    wtffw3.th.jpg
    I can still play, until this comes into effect. TBC free?:pac:

Advertisement