Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRV & Gas Fireplace new question?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just finished building my house 3200, with HRV system in place. I have 3 fireplaces and my intention was to purchase sealed units for these (gas). After months of searching I haven't come across anything that I like.

What I do like is a basket which comes with a log set that you place on top of the basket. Ideally I know open fireplaces and HRV are a no no. But If I was to purchase a mechanical flue closer would this work with the HRV system and a gas fire. Regulations state that I need vent to outside with a gas fire but is there any way around this. To be honest the fireplaces are more for show as the house also has Geothermal and UFH so I can't imagine me lighting them much but I dont want the HRV system to get upset or worse carbon monoxide poisioning.

Many Thanks
    J

Advertisement