Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best file manager for psp

Options
  • 26-08-2008 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi guys

I am new to the psp purchased a psp with cusom firmware version 4.01. Tried the Sony PSP manager Pro but that requires firmware version 4.05? Is there another file manager/media manager that you could recommend and preferably be free?

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

What do you want to do with the file manager, media manager?
    There is a file manager program called PSPfiler

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

Hi Ongarite

Thank you for the reply. Basically I want to copy and convert my music and video's to the psp from my Windows Vista PC. The ability to be able to copy/convert my Windows MCE recordings would be great. I noticed that the latest version of the Sony manager software has this function. Is it possible to get the Sony manager working with the 4.01 firmware.

I believe that you installed the custom firmware on the PSP that I purchased.

Thanks

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

You need a program called Xvid4PSP. Its a transcoding conversion program for PSP that converts all video format files to PSP friendly MP4 files.
    PSP will play MP3 & AAC files natively, not too sure about WMA files.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

There will be a 4.05 custom firmware soon enough. Just be patient.

Advertisement