Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership Outright - Two Horse Race?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure I'm not the only one (bar maybe a few Scousers) who thinks the Premiership is a straight match bet betwen United and Chelsea.

Chelsea can be backed at evens with most firms and United are as big as 9/4 (Victor Chandler).

Would you be willing to put an equal stake on both sides for effectively a free bet on United at odds of 5/8 with the assurance that if Chelsea win you get your money back?

Alternatively you could increase stake on Chelsea and guarantee a small profit on both outcomes.

Chelsea two point win at evens returns four points
    United one point win returns 3.25 points

Total stake three points
    Profit for Chelsea win 1 point or return of 1/3
    Profit for United win .25 points or return of 1/12

I'm sure there's a staking plan to guarantee equal profit but dying of flu and can't figure it out properly.

Chelsea actually available at 2.16 on Betfair for £881.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

One horse race imo.

Chelsea will win it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The quickest way to work out a 'stake plan' to guarantee equal return is to start with the return and work back.

e..g., with Evens and 9/4, lets look for €100 return. So that would be €50 at Evens and €30.77 at 9/4. (100/13*4 = 30.77).

So for every 80.77 you stake you'd get €100 back if either won.

As for the overall theory, Scousers to walk it this year so don't bother :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭jacool

the logic is flawless
    liverpool have proven in 4 games that they will not win the league
    arsenal don't seem to have replaced their better midfielders and they are the only potential blot on the horizon.
    if you can afford it, lump on !
    i did it the year before last and ended up on united at 11/2 laying off at 7/2 because i didn't have the bottle to stick with it. i was afraid of chelsea.
    having said that i had a bigger liability on arsenal last season at 10/1 and was panicking about that for well into 2008, and wasn't enjoying my football at all ! its a horrible feeling, but this time round i'd just not lay them and back the other two. the racingpost recommended a lay of united at the start of the season and i'd say they cashed in a profit after just 7 days. They looked extremely comfortable on Monday night, even though it was only 1-0.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

CHD wrote: »
    One horse race imo.

Chelsea will win it this year

Never let personal preferences get in the way of betting.

Advertisement