Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Internet 50mb 99c a day

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Random wrote: »
    So do I.
    Mise freisin.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    afaik all access points have gone to 2c per kb
    How you check that?

We cant check. We have free data :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

is there any warnign for when ur about to go over the 50mb amount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

jmccrohan wrote: »
    How you check that?

We cant check. We have free data :pac:

i didn't. Someone on boards mentioned it i think. Fingers crossed

zuroph wrote: »
    is there any warnign for when ur about to go over the 50mb amount?
    Nope. Just keep checking *#105#

• Advertisement

i just called meteor there and the guy went and checked with one of the 3g team and he said the data access point is staying at 0.5c per kb

good for us but i let him know that no one with a series 40 nokia will be able to java applications to access the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

whats a data access point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

and that'll of course be the same for 99% of people. the way i see it, the only people who are going to benefit from this tariff are meteor.

although i don't know about leaving them over it. their internet costs were much worse* last week and they were good enough for you. unless you were specifically waiting for the data plan?

*except for the data apn price increasing :mad:

I've been on the 3G trial, and have not paid a penny for internet since I've started using it :)

...now I'll have to pay loads. I am using the DATA access point though, so if it stays at 0.5c then I might be able to live with that.

zuroph wrote: »
    whats a data access point?
    there are two different kinds of settings you can put on your phone, the wap settings and the data settings. The basic difference is that the data one gives a direct connection to the internet and the wap one goes through a proxy
    I've been on the 3G trial, and have not paid a penny for internet since I've started using it :)

...now I'll have to pay loads. I am using the DATA access point though, so if it stays at 0.5c then I might be able to live with that.

my understanding of what the guy said was that the price was just 0.5c, with no cap. That's the way it is on vodafone anyway, so no you won't be able to live with it

but now i think of it, what the guy said doesn't sound right. I thought that they set up the data access point for the introduction of 3g. It would be odd to introduce the access point and then not include it in the new tariff

The plot thickens.

Kinda off topic but, does anyone know if you switch from PAYG to Bill Pay on Meteor do can you transfer unused credit to credit your bill account? I CBA to ring 1905 right now.

• Advertisement

The plot thickens.

Kinda off topic but, does anyone know if you switch from PAYG to Bill Pay on Meteor do can you transfer unused credit to credit your bill account? I CBA to ring 1905 right now.
    You cannot carry over credit.

my understanding of what the guy said was that the price was just 0.5c, with no cap. That's the way it is on vodafone anyway, so no you won't be able to live with it

but now i think of it, what the guy said doesn't sound right. I thought that they set up the data access point for the introduction of 3g. It would be odd to introduce the access point and then not include it in the new tariff
    Humm.. they are hardly telling everyone about their new price plans only to pass them through the wap apn?

Humm.. they are hardly telling everyone about their new price plans only to pass them through the wap apn?

well i don't know. All will become apparent in four days anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Does anyone know if I'd be able to get a PAYG meteor sim with this data package and pop it in one of these:

voda_3g_hsdpa_1.jpg

and connect to the net and have full internet access @ 99c for 50mb wherever I go with coverage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

cormie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I'd be able to get a PAYG meteor sim with this data package and pop it in one of these:

voda_3g_hsdpa_1.jpg

and connect to the net and have full internet access @ 99c for 50mb wherever I go with coverage?
    This is what they're discussing - ISP access point needs to be supported under the new bundle for you to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

And the device needs to not be network locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

failsafe wrote: »
    And the device needs to not be network locked
    Ah yes of course. I assumed it was when he posted but always good to point it out, thanks.

Anyone know how I can unlock a modem:confused: Is it just like a phone, IME code and ring up or get a code online?

Have meteor not announced yet whetehr they are doing the ISP access yolky? I don't know what that is, but is it necessary for me to be able to go to any website for 99c/50mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

What if a rake of us sent in negative comments on the new plan using this ?

http://www.meteor.ie/contact_us/contact_form/

Anybody on for it ?

long_b wrote: »
    What if a rake of us sent in negative comments on the new plan using this ?

http://www.meteor.ie/contact_us/contact_form/

Anybody on for it ?

Done.
    To whom it may concern,
    I'm writing this in light of the recent announcement for PAYG mobile internet packages.

I believe the packages are completely uncompetitive when compared to the likes of 3's PAYG data packages and many others Bill Pay data plans.

Your plan charges 2c a KB up untill you reach 99c then an allowance of 50MB is givin for the remainder of the day (afterwhich 2c a KB is the charged).

This is the problem I face, and indeed many others. I use mobile internet on a regular basis, and it is quite easy for me to use 50kb a day (being charged 99c to do so). However, it is not so easy to use 50MB, meaning I really get very little value out of the package.

I am very much sure this applies to a lot of people.

What I would like to see is something similar to text bundles, you pay a certain amount out of your call credit and receive a certain number of MB's in allowance. €10 for 500MB or even 250MB and then let it expire after a month. I'm sure this would please a lot of people and sway them from deciding to leave your network for one that has a better data package.

... or not, meteors site gave me a 404 error :( twats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Great stuff !
    Got two 404 errors myself from links on main pages. I would have thought that sort of thing was inexcusable on a live site ?
    Anyways, nice one thehomeofDob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know how I can unlock a modem:confused: Is it just like a phone, IME code and ring up or get a code online?

Cormie, this site works, it cost about €15 euro

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/

Right I can confirm our worst fears. I just checked on the gf's phone.

METEOR ISP APN IS NOW 2c/KB.

:-(
    28 Aug 08 09:25 0:0:25 Internet Access € 0.50

It most definitely was isp as I checked imap over ssl, a port which is not open on meteor wap. APN shown was Metero ISP. I cant believe that typo is still going :)

Good bye meteor.

It most definitely was isp as I checked imap over ssl, a port which is not open on meteor wap. APN shown was Metero ISP. I cant believe that typo is still going :)

Good bye meteor.

aw shite. you're right, it is definitely ISP because it says internet access. the wap apn says GPRSWAP and the data one says GPRSDATA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Good bye meteor.
    Awww no....

After all these loyal years, what a let down. Sending disappointed feedback as we speak.

If they don't launch a data add-on by the time my current credit runs out, I'm moving to whatever network can provide me with an e66 and a data package (even if that means going billlpay).

I think I might cry.

Good bye meteor.

Ah yes, young JMC... you must be hungry. Can we interest you in a cherry? An eeevil cherry?

Come to the dark side:D

Awww no....

After all these loyal years, what a let down. Sending disappointed feedback as we speak.

If they don't launch a data add-on by the time my current credit runs out, I'm moving to whatever network can provide me with an e66 and a data package (even if that means going billlpay).

I think I might cry.
    Mmmmm.. an e66 + data package :pac:

Do feedback get back to you is it just some bull**** automated response: "Thank you for your feedback. We will take your input on board."

Ah yes, young JMC... you must be hungry. Can we interest you in a cherry? An eeevil cherry?

Come to the dark side:D
    Shut up you :p

aw shite. you're right, it is definitely ISP because it says internet access. the wap apn says GPRSWAP and the data one says GPRSDATA

So is that good for me?

Thanks for the link drunkmonkey. Was hoping there was a free way though :pac:

• Advertisement

So is that good for me?

Thanks for the link drunkmonkey. Was hoping there was a free way though :pac:

not that I know of, I unlocked a 3 one through that website because I lost my 02 modem....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement