Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Internet 50mb 99c a day

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    This has most likely been said but I can't read through 120+ posts so:

Under the old rate, the first caegory there, 50c/kb IS A EURO PER DAY ANYWAY - surely most people (who fall into 2nd category) are GAINING by this?
    No.

My usage prior to the trial was about 20c per day.

This same amount of usage now costs me 80c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

this may have been answered already, but does it make any difference (speed/cost/access) if one uses the isp or wap apns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ablelocks wrote: »
    this may have been answered already, but does it make any difference (speed/cost/access) if one uses the isp or wap apns?

use the data one (same as isp but data.mymeteor.ie). some stuff doesn't work properly on the wap one because it's proxied

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

ablelocks wrote: »
    ISP has all the ports open. You can do what you like with your pc if it is connected to your phone as a modem.

WAP will only allow you browse the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sam Vimes wrote: »

that is not true and you know it's not.

I got those figures from the 02, Vodafone and Meteor site so I presumed them true....

So how much is a Gig of data on Meteor and Vodafone pay as you go?

We know:
    3 is €9.99 and 02 is €10,485.76

• Advertisement

So how much is a Gig of data on Meteor and Vodafone pay as you go?

i'm confused here. you're posting in a thread called "Meteor Internet 50mb 99c a day" and you're asking how much data is on meteor :confused:

i'm confused here. you're posting in a thread called "Meteor Internet 50mb 99c a day" and you're asking how much data is on meteor :confused:

my question is how much is 1GB of data on Meteor pay as you go? From my calculations i'm getting €20,000+ for 1Gb over the course of a month..(2cent per KB over 50mb?)

my question is how much is 1GB of data on Meteor pay as you go? From my calculations i'm getting €20,000+ for 1Gb over the course of a month..(2cent per KB over 50mb?)
    It's only €20 if you spread it out over 20 days.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    It's only €20 if you spread it out over 20 days.

and if you were to use it all in the one day?

You are not going to download 1GB in one day on a mobile phone so that question is irrelevant.

\O/ new thread page

• Advertisement

if you were to use it all in one day you'd go over the 50 mb and the price would shoot up. but if you were to use it all in one day you'd be using the tariff in a way in which it was never intended to be used. you're comparing apples and oranges by trying to compare it to 3's add on, they're not the same thing.

3's add on is of course better and that's why we're all complaining that meteor didn't introduce an add-on alongside the 99c a day deal but to say "to use a Gig of data on Meteor and 02 is will cost you €20,971.52(meteor)" is misleading because if you use the tariff the way it was intended you can get 1.5GB of data for €29.70

as jmccrohan says, the question is irrelevant. you may as well be saying 3 is cheaper because their rates to mobiles cost less than meteor's rates to guam

A similar question would be to ask:
    How much does it costs to send 1000 texts to a meteor number.

Meteor -> Free
    Three -> €0.10 * 1000 = €100

It's just picking at a certain aspect of a price plan but not a fair representation of the plan in general.

A similar question would be to ask:
    How much does it costs to send 1000 texts to a meteor number.

Meteor -> Free
    Three -> €0.10 * 1000 = €100

It's just picking at a certain aspect of a price plan but not a fair representation of the plan in general.

or how much does it cost to send 5,000 texts to any network from a meteor number?

the answer is either €0 or €550 depending on whether you use the tariff properly and top up by €20 before sending them

forget about 3 and there market leading offers....:p

What i'm trying to establish is how much a Gb of data will cost if used in one day on the rest of the networks??
    ....i.e watching a movie on my laptop over the internet using my phone as a modem....that is not beyond the average user and would use close to 1Gb in a few hours...

From what I gather...
    02 have no data add on, so a 1Gb movie would cost you €10,000+
    Meteor have a cap of 50mb a day, so a movie will cost you €10,000+
    Vodafone have no data add on so again a movie will cost €10,000+

Is that correct?, I find that the simplest way to explain it to someone who dosen't undrstand there kb for there gb's...they all know movies...

forget about 3 and there market leading offers....:p

What i'm trying to establish is how much a Gb of data will cost if used in one day on the rest of the networks??
    ....i.e watching a movie on my laptop over the internet using my phone as a modem....that is not beyond the average user and would use close to 1Gb in a few hours...

From what I gather...
    02 have no data add on, so a 1Gb movie would cost you €10,000+
    Meteor have a cap of 50mb a day, so a movie will cost you €10,000+
    Vodafone have no data add on so again a movie will cost €10,000+

Is that correct?, I find that the simplest way to explain it to someone who dosen't undrstand there kb for there gb's...they all know movies...

sometimes when things get simplified, they get over simplified and you miss vital pieces of information, such as in this case.

you are comparing an add on that three has to other companies that have no such add-on and it's ridiculous. you could at least be semi-fair and compare it to three's price if you don't buy the add-on, 49c per mb, which would make a movie cost €501.76. or you could say that it's possible to watch a movie with 3's add on but not on meteor, o2 or vodafone pre pay because they have no such add-on and are not intended to be used in that way

there are many many many unfair (and more fair) comparisions that i could make that make 3 look bad

an example of a fair comparision:

unlike with meteor, if you call 3 customer care and ask a question that is more complicated than "how much credit do i have?", the odds of getting the correct answer are somewhere between 5% and 10% because they seem to be afraid to escalate questions to people who know what they're talking about and will even lie to you and pretend they have escalated something when they haven't (happened to me)

you could at least be semi-fair and compare it to three's price if you don't buy the add-on, 49c per mb, which would make a movie cost €501.76

Ok compare like for like, Meteor is 2c per KB which would make 1mb cost €20.48 compared to 3's 49cent per mb...that's still a huge difference for a mere 1mb of data..

Ok compare like for like, Meteor is 2c per KB which would make 1mb cost €20.48 compared to 3's 49cent per mb...that's still a huge difference for a mere 1mb of data..

you still seem to have not read the title of the thread!

up until two days ago meteor was 2c per kb. now they're 2c per kb up to 50kb and then a flat rate up to 50 mb

1mb on 3 without add-on=49c
    50mb on 3 without add-on=€24.50

1mb on meteor (there is no add-on)=99c
    50mb on meteor (there is no add-on)=99c

OMFG!!!!!!! 3 ARE CHARGING 23.51 MORE THAN METEOR FOR 50MB OF DATA*

only if you don't use it properly but that doesn't fit with what i'm trying to imply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

you still seem to have not read the title of the thread!

up until two days ago meteor was 2c per kb. now they're 2c per kb up to 50kb and then a flat rate up to 50 mb

1mb on 3 without add-on=49c
    50mb on 3 without add-on=€24.50

1mb on meteor (there is no add-on)=99c
    50mb on meteor (there is no add-on)=99c

OMFG!!!!!!! 3 ARE CHARGING 23.51 MORE THAN METEOR FOR 50MB OF DATA*

only if you don't use it properly but that doesn't fit with what i'm trying to imply

i think you're partly wrong, too...
    The 99c/50mb is charged on first connection on the day - same as vodafone! No 40, 50 or whatever cents until you reach 99cent! ;) was already mentioned in this thread, and I rang meteor cc and asked instore to have it confirmed.
    (could still be wrong,, of course...we're talking meteor, after all ;) )...the first time you connect you're charged 99 cent!

strecker wrote: »
    i think you're partly wrong, too...
    The 99c/50mb is charged on first connection on the day - same as vodafone! No 40, 50 or whatever cents until you reach 99cent! ;) was already mentioned in this thread, and I rang meteor cc and asked instore to have it confirmed.
    (could still be wrong,, of course...we're talking meteor, after all ;) )...the first time you connect you're charged 99 cent!
    Read the whole thread. It is 2c per KB up until 99c.

Read the whole thread. It is 2c per KB up until 99c.

Now i'm even more confused.....JMC please abc the meteor data price plan...so there is no confusion....

• Advertisement

Now i'm even more confused.....JMC please abc the meteor data price plan...so there is no confusion....

when you first load the internet you pay 2c per kb.

when you hit 99c (50 kb), it stops charging you until you reach 50 mb usage in a calendar day at which point it goes back to 2c per kb. if you understand vodafone's payg internet tariff, meteor's is identical.

here's a graph which will hopefully appear correctly :D

/
                                        /
                                       /
    99c   ____________________________/
        /
       /
      /
     /
    /
    0kb     50kb                   50mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ok. 3 offer a data bundle. We can't compare like for like because they are different offers based (apparently) at different types of users.

Meteor have taken a step forward here which will force o2 to at least match it (again, like so much else!) so this may help the market. At least it's made it cheaper for the majority of users as it stands.

Meteor have a long way to go.

(mushroom powered rockets is what we want)

Random wrote: »
    Ok. 3 offer a data bundle. We can't compare like for like because they are different offers based (apparently) at different types of users.

Meteor have taken a step forward here which will force o2 to at least match it (again, like so much else!) so this may help the market. At least it's made it cheaper for the majority of users as it stands.

Meteor have a long way to go.

(mushroom powered rockets is what we want)

mushroom powered rockets indeed. can't wait to watch them flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Ok its a big improvement on the previous pricing but

The other day NTL was down ( unusual lol ) around 23:30

Had to check something so i used this and I got 30 minutes for my 99c at midnight new day

could they not have a rolling 24 hours from your first use

cdebru wrote: »
    Ok its a big improvement on the previous pricing but

The other day NTL was down ( unusual lol ) around 23:30

Had to check something so i used this and I got 30 minutes for my 99c at midnight new day

could they not have a rolling 24 hours from your first use
    Could they not have weekly data bundles? Yes, they could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

here's a graph which will hopefully appear correctly :D

Nice work.

The following is written on the Meteor website:

"We respond to all your comments. We give a donation to the Simon community for all feedback received."

Voice your disappointment to Meteor and they will give to charity. And if enough people show dissatisfaction with the new deal, maybe they'll change it.

-Lithium- wrote: »
    Nice work.

"We respond to all your comments. We give a donation to the Simon community for all feedback received."

Voice your disappointment to Meteor and they will give to charity. And if enough people show dissatisfaction with the new deal, maybe they'll change it.

did it a few days ago ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

-Lithium- wrote: »
    Nice work.

Disappointed with an improvement?

The new Daily Mobile Internet Pricing offer is a lot better than paying 2c per KB.

There are still no data bundles. This is due to the launch of the new Meteor billing system. No changes can be made until this has been launched and data bundles will most likely be considered and made available once this has been launched successfully.

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    Disappointed with an improvement?

The new Daily Mobile Internet Pricing offer is a lot better than paying 2c per KB.

There are still no data bundles. This is due to the launch of the new Meteor billing system. No changes can be made until this has been launched and data bundles will most likely be considered and made available once this has been launched successfully.
    What we're disappointed with is the level of improvement, not the improvement itself. I mean, they could have gone one better. Of course it's better than what it's there (for 95% of users I guess).

Now, tell me more about this new billing system or vanish from my sights forever :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

7.Ronaldo wrote: »

I knew that if I kept reading this thread there'd be some real info at some stage :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement