Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Internet 50mb 99c a day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

none of the other networks has anything to touch on my 3 x-series data add-on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Over in france on holidays.

Took my phone out of my pocket to see that it was connected to fring via EDGE.
    I had forgotten to turn off auto connect since the end of the data trial.

My initial reaction was oh fuck there goes all my credit...

Turns out only 30KB was transfered.

Anyone care to guess how much that cost me?
    30cent. 1c/KB
    That means it is cheaper to go to France and roam on a French network for light data usage than stay in Ireland and use it on Meteors own network!!

Might be a tip for anyone living in the border regions.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Over in france on holidays.

Took my phone out of my pocket to see that it was connected to fring via EDGE.
    I had forgotten to turn off auto connect since the end of the data trial.

My initial reaction was oh fuck there goes all my credit...

Turns out only 30KB was transfered.

Anyone care to guess how much that cost me?
    30cent. 1c/KB
    That means it is cheaper to go to France and roam on a French network for light data usage than stay in Ireland and use it on Meteors own network!!

Might be a tip for anyone living in the border regions.
    ;)

30c?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

I on meteor prepay but the costs for the data have been all over the place especially today (see below). I thought we were supposed to be only charged 99c per day...or am I doing something wrong :confused:

01 Oct 0815:250:0:04GPRSWAP€ 0.08
    01 Oct 0815:250:4:56GPRSWAP€ 0.98

13 Oct 0808:070:0:02GPRSWAP€ 0.04
    13 Oct 0808:070:2:21GPRSWAP€ 0.98
    13 Oct 0812:550:0:02GPRSWAP€ 0.00
    13 Oct 0812:550:0:17GPRSWAP€ 0.00

14 Oct 0808:430:0:02GPRSWAP€ 0.04
    14 Oct 0808:430:2:21GPRSWAP€ 0.98

15 Oct 0818:120:0:07GPRSWAP€ 0.14
    15 Oct 0818:120:4:51GPRSWAP€ 0.98
    15 Oct 0818:300:3:58GPRSDATA€ 0.00
    15 Oct 0818:320:0:02GPRSWAP€ 0.00
    15 Oct 0818:320:4:58GPRSWAP€ 0.00
    15 Oct 0818:340:0:02GPRSWAP€ 0.00
    15 Oct 0818:340:6:07GPRSWAP€ 0.00
    15 Oct 0818:390:0:02GPRSWAP€ 0.00
    15 Oct 0818:390:0:09GPRSWAP€ 0.00
    15 Oct 0818:450:0:05GPRSWAP€ 0.00
    15 Oct 0818:450:6:47GPRSWAP€ 0.00

16 Oct 0810:380:0:04GPRSWAP€ 0.08
    16 Oct 0810:390:0:34GPRSWAP€ 0.68
    16 Oct 0814:200:0:02GPRSWAP€ 0.04
    16 Oct 0814:200:0:47GPRSWAP€ 0.22
    16 Oct 0814:250:0:04GPRSWAP€ 0.00
    16 Oct 0814:250:5:39GPRSWAP€ 0.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

those figures are slightly off. the price isn't just 99c a day, it's 2c per kb up to 99c and then free after that but you seem to getting charged a few cent more each day. give them a call and let them know

edit:/goes to check my own

edit2:no mine are fine. they all stop at 98c each day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

O2 also have this offer, apparently. This pair of network seems to be copying each other to entice young customers..

Baza210 wrote: »
    O2 also have this offer, apparently. This pair of network seems to be copying each other to entice young customers..

vodafone had it first. they both copied it :P

And do 3 have it? Y'know, because they're so great about everything else. I trust Dr. Unkmonkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

And do 3 have it? Y'know, because they're so great about everything else. I trust Dr. Unkmonkey.
    3 don't need it. Data is their thing. They're far more competitive when it comes to Data.

And Dr. Unkmonkey, lol!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I trust Dr. Unkmonkey.
    Baza, I thought you were cool.. :(

• Advertisement

no 3's pre pay data plan is far better. i often carry a separate 3 phone because you can get 1gb for €10 a month

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Baza, I thought you were cool.. :(
    A temporary glitch. Problem will be permamently rectified in Service Pack 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

O2's data packages only apply to bill pay customers. I used GPRS WAP there about 2 weeks ago.

2 mins, 33 seconds
    6 eurons

I'll never use O2 for data again. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

zoro wrote: »
    O2's data packages only apply to bill pay customers. I used GPRS WAP there about 2 weeks ago.

2 mins, 33 seconds
    6 eurons

I'll never use O2 for data again. Idiots.
    O2 now have this 99c thing too (slightly better perhaps). There's a thread about it here, go and look :)

Random wrote: »
    O2 now have this 99c thing too (slightly better perhaps). There's a thread about it here, go and look :)

Well every time I've called up asking about a data package for pre-pay I've been told there is none, and never will be ...

Well every time I've called up asking about a data package for pre-pay I've been told there is none, and never will be ...
    it only started a few weeks ago. They had to do it because meteor and vodafone both did it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Who done it first?:D

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    it only started a few weeks ago. They had to do it because meteor and vodafone both did it

No doubt it was turned on the day after I was charged 6e for < 500K.
    Funny how the monkey I spoke to on the phone that night (while I complained about the horrendous pricing) didn't tell me anything about it though, eh?

Funny how the monkey I spoke to on the phone that night didn't tell me anything about it though, eh?

Did they tell you to join 3?

No - did they tell anyone else to? :)

• Advertisement

Come on now lads less of the Messing...

I just called 02, The girl on the phone didn't know anything about it, she had to go off and check...Yea I can have the 99c a day add on but i'll have to wait a few hours before it becomes active.......so I don't think this 99cent add on it automatic, you have to call and avtivate it on your account.... ;)

Today i'll be mainly be pimpin 02:D

I notice some discussion here about this: http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=570

Launched on the 9th of Oct 2008 I see, exactly 1 day after I got charged the ridiculous prices.

Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

How do you check the cost of your day to day internet spending on meteor?

rvd156 wrote: »

Can I ask the same about 02 and their 99cent add on?

rvd156 wrote: »

on meteor you can check how many mb you have left each day with *#105#. i don't think there's any way to get a figure of how much you've spent on just internet sent to the phone but you can check it on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

on meteor you can check how many mb you have left each day with *#105#. i don't think there's any way to get a figure of how much you've spent on just internet sent to the phone but you can check it on the website

Thanks for that bud...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scoopo16

well that's fair enough. but you really should make sure you're right about something before you tell a customer. the way you post, you seem really confident of everything you're saying even though it's wrong.

what do you mean? three have data add ons and the other networks have content you don't have to pay for. i had the 3 portal for two years and all i ever did was read the news on it, and from the day they allowed proper internet access i never used the portal again. the free content is very limited and the paid content is, well, paid.

you find it hard to convert meteor customers because they're different markets. people are on meteor because they're dirt cheap, something which 3
    are not, especially on 3pay. there are some people who want snazzy handsets and loads of extras like sky sports but those people aren't on meteor. tell a meteor customer that he can make skype calls and he won't give a crap, but tell him he can text all his friends for free and he's sold

and people on o2 and vodafone generally just wandered into a phone shop years ago and signed up to the first thing they were offered and don't care that much what network they're on. until of course they join 3 and they discover all the little hidden landmines, e.g. not being able to spend more than €160 for the first 3 months and many other silly things

Hi, im new to this whole boards thing but the way the data works with 3 bill pay is that you get 100Mb of data within your plan i.e for every 1Mb of any internet browsing you use they take one minute off your any network minutes and just to remind out one internet page is equal to about 1/40 of a megabyte (40pgs per Mb) three are great and i have been with all other networks in the past. with 3 i get 450 mins any network mins and 1350 any network texts for 50 quid a month, and they have really good coverge not to mention free skype MSN and google browsing

You know this thread is a year old right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You know this thread is a year old right?

And he's not accurate either as you get either up to the minutes or the texts but not both alltogether in total.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement