Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry County Council - Water information

Options
  • 26-08-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭

On the KCC website, I would have expected to find some information on the current water supply problem in North Kerry. I can see absolutely diddly-squat.

I imagined that, after the polluted water related health problems in other parts of the country, these people would have found the time to get off their asses and tell their lowly subjects what the situation is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Typical.....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They put some vague details on the site now, but not enough for people on the outskirts to know whether they are included in the "Boil Notice" area or not. They obviously assume that we're all mind-readers............:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ejmaztec wrote: »
    ...They obviously assume that we're all mind-readers............:mad::mad:

you mean that we're not? :eek: ... The council have some answering to do with their lack of information and advice for people .. and the councillors - I don't remember any of them speaking of the incident or making suggestions for the future should it happen again

kerry4sam wrote: »
    you mean that we're not? :eek: ... The council have some answering to do with their lack of information and advice for people .. and the councillors - I don't remember any of them speaking of the incident or making suggestions for the future should it happen again

I think that describing them as "completely clueless" would be an under-statement.

I suggested that they put a definitive map on their website, but nothing appeared. I hope that no-one got ill as a result of KCC's inaction.

Some might say that with jobs for the boys and jobs for life, none of them has to worry about any comeback. I wouldn't say this of course.

In conclusion, there seems to be no mention that the land-slide ever happened on the KCC website, not even an announcement on whether or not the water is safe to drink :eek:

It must have been a dream.

Good job KCC isn't responsible for the people of New Orleans - there would have been no-one left to complain about the lack of service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ejmaztec wrote: »
    In conclusion, there seems to be no mention that the land-slide ever happened on the KCC website, not even an announcement on whether or not the water is safe to drink :eek:

It must have been a dream.

Good job KCC isn't responsible for the people of New Orleans - there would have been no-one left to complain about the lack of service.

KCC are not being held accountable and it's been some time since they were ... respect and common decency are words that they could do with a definition for IMO ... Just adds a few questions i have for the councillors out canvassing in my area already and they are all struck dumb at the thought that the topic is even raised :rolleyes: :rolleyes: was it like the lotto ad? Did it actually happen?

They must buy in a lot of Tippex, some of them even using it on their monitors. :eek:

I think that the only concern they have over the recent incident, is that they gave permission for the construction of a wind-farm that was in some way (according to media reports) the cause of the land-slide. There must now be some arse-covering going on and them desperately trying to prove that the reports have no foundation.

In the meantime, we can all go to hell (or business as usual as it's sometimes called).

Advertisement